: Early planning

ron86toy
06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Myself and a few members of my club are headed to Moab the last week of April '08.
It will be about a 10-11 day trip.So far we have 4 rigs going(2 80's ,1 40 and my 4runner) .If anyone wants to start planning to join us let me know and I will get you in touch with the organizer.

I will also have an open seat in my rig for this trip(if someone wants to ride along) and could have an open spot on my trailer.

Let me know if you need any other details(by the way...most of the camping will be done on the trail)

Ron

brinner
06-28-2007, 06:11 PM
whats a 80? jk

ron86toy
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM
whats a 80? jk

LOL.....I wish I could find one(totaled) to put the drivetrain in my 40.
Ron(not me) has 2 of them,2 40's,FJC and a 4R.
He takes both 80's to Moab every year.
this is the nicer of the 2...super charged on 35's(the other is its twin but on 33's

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/drummond157.jpg

Bear
06-28-2007, 10:14 PM
HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted to go to moeb since I got involved with off roading, but for one reason or another I have never been able to go!

I figured it was definitely out of the question since I moved up here! It is a bit intimidating of a trip for driving the taco!

But if you have a spot on the trailer that might fit my rig. I could start planning now for the time off from work!

BEST PART OF IT!!!!!!!!Momma Bear just said that she saw no reason why I shouldn't go!

Ron, keep me in the loop on this one for sure!

keynote22
06-29-2007, 05:21 AM
I love those land cruisers. I looked for one for 4 months and couldnt find one so I ended up with a disco. If I would have gotten a land cruiser I would probably still have it.

ron86toy
06-29-2007, 07:39 AM
HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I have always wanted to go to moeb since I got involved with off roading, but for one reason or another I have never been able to go!

I figured it was definitely out of the question since I moved up here! It is a bit intimidating of a trip for driving the taco!

But if you have a spot on the trailer that might fit my rig. I could start planning now for the time off from work!

BEST PART OF IT!!!!!!!!Momma Bear just said that she saw no reason why I shouldn't go!

Ron, keep me in the loop on this one for sure!

No problem.....My new trailer is 32 ft w/7k axles(being built right now) so I dont see a problem with the two rigs on it......He is getting the exact dates together right now,has to set up his vaca a year early(he is a Dr.).I live about 10 minutes from him so I see him weekly.He was out for Cruise Moab this year...... said he would rather be out there the week before and catch the beginning of the event.

Bear
06-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Well if you can save space on the trailer for my taco, I would love to go! I just never thought I would ever go, because if I go to moeb, I am sure I am going to be a little more crazier with the skinny and end up breaking something :o

But if I can tag along with you on the trailer, Iam there! April as I think I told you is the start of my busy work, but it is much better than this time of year, so I should not have any problem getting the time off.

I will have more than enough seeing that I get a month off a year for vacation (nice to have seniority status)

So let do this thing!!!!!!!!

Fuod
06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Bear, sometimes you are so hard to read. Is that a yes or a no? :rofl:

Bear
06-29-2007, 10:36 AM
sarcasism will get you nowhere!:mad:

so how is everything with you? you have been under the radar lately

Hagan34
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
I cant say what doing next month let alone next year but I will be watching this and hopfully it will work to were i can go.

ron86toy
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM
I cant say what doing next month let alone next year but I will be watching this and hopfully it will work to were i can go.

I am the same way....but this one will take some planning(and funds)so I am getting off to an early start.

He actually stopped by today.....had the calender out and we have two different weeks we are looking at(a week apart).So far we will be heading out on a Wed night,wheeling by Fri afternoon,and returning the following Fri to be home by Sun.

The dates for the Wed. are April 16 or 23.

Bear
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Just keep me in the loop on this one! My wife is almost already tired of hearing about this trip! (been talking about it alot:D )

I also have another friend that would like to go, the only problem with him scheduling is he needs a tow rig which he has been working on for a while. So I can't commit for him or not.

Ron I was thinking this weekend (probably getting ahead of myself with it but…) how are you planning the trip down there? staying in hotels, sleeping in the trucks what? and what about food? is everyone taking their own or are we gathering resources and throwing into the "pot"?

ron86toy
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Just keep me in the loop on this one! My wife is almost already tired of hearing about this trip! (been talking about it alot:D )

I also have another friend that would like to go, the only problem with him scheduling is he needs a tow rig which he has been working on for a while. So I can't commit for him or not.

Ron I was thinking this weekend (probably getting ahead of myself with it but…) how are you planning the trip down there? staying in hotels, sleeping in the trucks what? and what about food? is everyone taking their own or are we gathering resources and throwing into the "pot"?

DAMN BEAR......I dont even know what I am doing for food next week,I will probably drive all the way through to Denver....then it is not to far from there.

I am sure the camping days on the trail it is fend for yourself......and I know there is campgrounds right there in Moab so I am sure eating out with some :xbeer3: is not out of the question

I am going golfing with him this weekend ....so I will find out what he has done in the past

Bear
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds good! I am just trying to think ahead! you should have seen me when I went to Africa! I was basket case a week into the planning, and I started planning 18 months out!:D

Hagan34
07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
DAMN BEAR......I dont even know what I am doing for food next week

was sitting here wonder what i would have today

Bear
07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
stay on topic!

ron86toy
07-02-2007, 10:14 AM
stay on topic!

I have a roast in the slow cooker right now........wait,we are talking about food,right?

Bear
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
you are just trying to see how many times you can get me to flip you off aren't you?:D

They used to have a running bet at one of my offices between my co-workers to see how many each one could get me to tell them to fuck off during the day!

This thread was started for a Moeb run…if my memory serves me right:D

Bear
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I haven't talked to you in a while Ron, so I thought I would be the grave digger and dig up this ole thread.

So any other word on the Moab trip? I am still interested so keep me in the loop!

I also haven't abandoned what else we talked about, just been busy!

Talk to you when you are not on the road!

ron86toy
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I haven't talked to you in a while Ron, so I thought I would be the grave digger and dig up this ole thread.

So any other word on the Moab trip? I am still interested so keep me in the loop!

I also haven't abandoned what else we talked about, just been busy!

Talk to you when you are not on the road!

If I was not subscribed to it ....I probably would have forgotten about it.I will have the whole club up at my place mid-Oct......to start planning next year.We are also in the talks of hosting a yota event in June sometime(still in the works).

I have not had a chance to get on here....work and moving(finished now)

I am actually all loaded up headed to Flat Nasty tonight....be back on Mon.
Have fun working the rest of the week!!!!!!

Bear
09-19-2007, 07:11 AM
We need photos and a report, especially on how the tundra pulls that load you are going down with! Assuming you finally got your trailer delivered!(from Flat nasty)

Just one question, How the hell do you forget about a trip to Moab????:confused:

As I said I woud like to come up to the BBQ but it is not in the stars. But I might try to make a june run depending on how work is going at the time.