TTORA Forum banner

Need Help for a buddy concerning a lift kit!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  elnip 
#1 ·
I've got a buddy w/a 93 landcruiser w/about 170k on the clock, he wants to lift it with the Skyjacker 2.5" fr/rear replacement springs, just wanting to know basically if it is a decent kit and what shocks he can get. He has a picky budget and also is expecting to tuck 285/75/16's.
thanks guys,
Jamie

#2 ·
KStacoma said:
I've got a buddy w/a 93 landcruiser w/about 170k on the clock, he wants to lift it with the Skyjacker 2.5" fr/rear replacement springs, just wanting to know basically if it is a decent kit and what shocks he can get. He has a picky budget and also is expecting to tuck 285/75/16's.
thanks guys,
Jamie
If he wants to consider the OME setup, email Barb at info@trdparts4u.com. He might like the OME setup, I've heard from the FJ80 guys this is a good setup for both comfort & articulation. Even though the springs are rated for 3" of lift, expect a little over 2" after settling. The big wagons get uncomfortable quickly with a lot of height anyways... :D

#3 ·
cool cool, i appreciate it, I passed the word to him but he might not be able to afford an OME kit, he's trying to be as low budget as possible, even if it means getting a rather mediocre kit.

#4 ·
KStacoma said:
cool cool, i appreciate it, I passed the word to him but he might not be able to afford an OME kit, he's trying to be as low budget as possible, even if it means getting a rather mediocre kit.
Well, they're not very expensive, at least encourage him to price it out. Spending a little extra $$ might make more sense, especially if means waiting to get something descent...

#5 ·
THe OME kit is a very good kit, pay a little extra and you get a much better ride and quality product. My buddy has OME on his and loves it.

#6 ·
Allright I talked him into OME hehe. He's gonna price everything and figure out shocks etc. tommorow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.