: Harlan trip:Sorry no trail report yet!

Bear
07-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Well I have been home for a few hours now! Brinner dropped me off around 5 ish and then headed towards Lafeyette! Dave should be home "sawing more logs" as well!!I'll try to do a trail report tomorrow, but for now, I am beat, dog tired and mentally exhausted from the drive home! So I am sure if I attempted a report, it would be illogical and endless babble! (no comment out of the peanut gallery...that was just too big of an opening to be fair!)Anyway! In short. Kentucky TTORA is an awesome group of hostpitable individuals! Hagan 34 went out of his way to make sure we "hoosiers" (as transplanted as we are) had a great time!Our honary member Dave, shined through again as some may have gathered from Hagan's thread elsewhere in this folder!l must also make mention that we as InTTORA are very fortunate to have a vice president as Brinner! To give everyone an example of the type of person he is I will give you this little story:I did not know he had borrowed a trailer from a friend and rented a truck to pull it with his tacoma loaded until he drove around the corner of my street Thursday night. I thought it was a great idea for him seeing he has bias ply tires and responsibilities back here in Indiana...Nothing like getting stranded a state away from wheel'n ( I know first hand)Anyway after a great weekend of wheel'n, yours truly breaks his truck...Okay I am off the trail for the day no big deal right? Well upon returning from the trails where I was riding shot gun with Brinner the remaining time. we discovered that it my truck was more terminal than first thought, and I would not be driving my truck back home! With batting an eye, when I told Brian what had happened, in his first breath of reply was "put your truck on the trailer, that was what I brought it for" (no, he was not implying he knew I would break) but rather if anyone broke on the trail no one would be stranded.So today on the drive home, he was on his "bumpy" bias ply tires following me making sure BearAttack was stable on the trailer and blocking on coming traffic during lane changes, he gave up his trailer so I could get home safely!that is the type of V.P we have. IF you have not noticed we have a few great members in these parts. I just thought everyone should know what took place with Brian today! I truly appreciate everything he did for me this weekend as well as Dave and Hagan! Due to those three, this was one of, if not the best wheel'n trips I have ever had!
and no I did not just type a complete run on paragraph, the forum script is messed up!

ron86toy
07-22-2007, 07:17 PM
glad you had a good time....I almost called you yesterday....I was about 40 miles outside Harlen.......would have not been the same without the rig(I guess you found that out).

Oh yeah.....so.....whatca ya break?

Hagan34
07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
So today on the drive home, he was on his "bumpy" bias ply tires following me making sure BearAttack was stable on the trailer and blocking on coming traffic during lane changes, he gave up his trailer so I could get home safely!

Your at least going to pay for his dental work right....

Bear
07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
the prelim observation on the damage: one broken hub on the front (not debiliating). But while taking the truck back to the camp, I spit out a pinion shim from the rear axle. Turned out that eariler in the day, my ubolts on the rear had loosened up on the trail and allowed the axle to walk forward. Okay easy fix, right? but after the days run, we were going to reposition the axle and tha's when we found the broken center pin, and of coarse I did not have a spare.

all in all, not expensive repairs, or even involved, I got lucky!

You could have called me yesterday, but I would not have gotten the call! I got zero, nada, zip in regards to cell phone reception! I got a break from the wife for a whole three days thanks to it! :D

Bear
07-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Mike! do me a favor and type out the trail report, seems you are more "alert" right now than I am!

AND MAKE SURE AND SEND ME COPIES OF ALL THE IMAGES (preferrably a disk)

thanks

ron86toy
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
You could have called me yesterday, but I would not have gotten the call! I got zero, nada, zip in regards to cell phone reception! I got a break from the wife for a whole three days thanks to it! :D

you dont have to tell me what you told the wife......just say I turned my phone off so the wife dosnt bug the shit outta me when I am wrenchin .......wheeling for the weekend

unless she reads the boards

Bear
07-23-2007, 05:45 AM
There was seriously no phone reception in that area! I might be the rare breed, but I actually like to hear from my wife when out of town.:D

brinner
07-23-2007, 09:40 AM
.......bias ply tires following me making sure BearAttack was stable on the trailer and blocking on coming traffic during lane changes, he gave up his trailer so I could get home safely!that is the type of V.P we have.

awwww shucks...........thanks for the food:D............and yes i DID enjoy the guilt-ridden cookies. (go ahead Dave.....i know you want to)

99TanTaco
07-23-2007, 09:49 AM
glad to hear you made it back ok:)

you should have stopped by our site sat night and told us about the rear axle and we might have been able to get it back together for you

Hoss
07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Those were some damn fine cookies, too.

Thanks to you guys for a great trip. It was nice to meet and wheel with you all. I would not hesitate to go again. I had a blast.

Special thanks to brinner for fixing my winch and getting dirty when he didn't have to.

Here is Hagan's ride on the rocks, the XJ flop and the FJ buggy going backwards thru canopener.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/th_7b0f7568.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/?action=view&current=7b0f7568.pbr)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/th_9831f8de.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/?action=view&current=9831f8de.pbr)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/th_cbf2928d.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/Harlan/?action=view&current=cbf2928d.pbr)

I am anxiously awaiting the pics of the hill climb.

ohio03trdtaco
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
There was seriously no phone reception in that area! I might be the rare breed, but I actually like to hear from my wife when out of town.:D

My wife only heard from me the as I left the driveway to go down and when we were on our way back and got up to i-75. She had no idea what was going on, felt bad but never made it to the office phone.

Bear
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=brinner;936635(go ahead Dave.....i know you want to)[/QUOTE]

psst: Dave doesn't get on the board, so I think you are safe!

thanks again, it was a great trip! plenty of challenging obsticals yet a couple of complete days of wheel'n for some of our lesser equipped rigs!

I also think Mike did a great job selecting our coarse. even though we found those first two dead ends:D

Bear
07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
shhh! be quiet about the office phone:D I never even gave it a thought! D'oh

Bear
07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
the only thing that woudl have gotten it back together was a new center pin. short of that, it was useless. By Sat night, I just wanted to relax anyway,

steve h
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
All I got to say is 2 Bill Hill!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j07MYgvoiaQ&mode=user&search=

Hagan34
07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
the only thing that woudl have gotten it back together was a new center pin. short of that, it was useless. By Sat night, I just wanted to relax anyway,

He had an Amber Haired Beauty calling his name.

Hagan34
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
All I got to say is 2 Bill Hill!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j07MYgvoiaQ&mode=user&search=

that video still don't do that hill justice.

Bear
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
yup! and about nine of her sisters "cooling" down at home as we "speak"

n9emz
07-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Your wives were okay when y'all were gone. I left beer in your fridges.:D

jason6746
07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. i was busy refinishing my hardwood flooring. oh yea

Bear
07-24-2007, 07:21 AM
sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. i was busy refinishing my hardwood flooring. oh yea

At least you didn't tear anything up on your truck doing that:D

jason6746
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
that is true, but not nearly as fun

Bear
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
If you want fun, you can meet me at my house after work and change out the center pins for my rear leafs, along with lowering them on the shackles.:D

then maybe I will think about tearing into the front axle to find the problem there!