: TSB's and dealer service

RCBS
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
just found out that my rear springs are probably crap. TSB#SU006-007. gonna make my 15,000 mile service appt. soon. i'm a little worried that my concerns will be blown off. i'm taking it to Germain of Cols., which is where it was bought. anyone had any warranty/TSB dealings with these guys? is there anyone in particular i should ask for if so? i don't want to have to use my "Grownup" voice, but from some of the things i've read on this, they may try to play stupid.

Ohio_Taco
08-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I take mine to Toyota Direct, never gave me any problems.

bradleyem
08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
just found out that my rear springs are probably crap. TSB#SU006-007. gonna make my 15,000 mile service appt. soon. i'm a little worried that my concerns will be blown off. i'm taking it to Germain of Cols., which is where it was bought. anyone had any warranty/TSB dealings with these guys? is there anyone in particular i should ask for if so? i don't want to have to use my "Grownup" voice, but from some of the things i've read on this, they may try to play stupid.

I bought my truck at Germain also, and I had the rear spring breakage problem typical of the first gen Tacomas. Yes, they tried to play dumb, and say that they didn't know that there was an issue with the rear springs. Unfortuantely, I didn't have any TSB info, and it was before I knew about TTORA. If I had known then what I know now, I would've just replaced them with Deavers or Alcans and been done with it. I ended up splitting the cost with them (I paid for parts, and they covered the labor, or the other way around, I don't remember), but I still got bent over. Since the truck was bought there, and you have the TSB info, I'd try there first. If they give you the run around, then take it to Toyota Direct on Morse Road. Ask to have Joe work on it. He's a great guy and will do what he can to help you out.

RCBS
08-06-2007, 01:40 PM
thanks for the info guys. it'll be about another month before the service is due. but i'll let you know how it went.

RCBS
08-28-2007, 01:09 PM
ok, just made 15k service appt. for sept 22. made the appt. on-line B/C they give a discount. they have a place for comments and i let them know i have some concerns other than changing the oil. mentioned the truck seems to be bottoming w/about 600lbs. in the box. also have some "soot" building up around exhast tip (i've cleaned it off 3 times already) finally, the weather-stripping around the doors seems to be aging rapidly. no leaks yet. just an update. i'll post how everything went.

RCBS
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
went to Germain's on Sat for my 15k service $175.00(ouch) no service managers on duty. the fellow that brought me in for service looked at the printout like it was written in swahili. :rolleyes: so now i must call one of the service managers and try to enlighten him. got the same schpeel some others have..."we may need the weight in the bed when you come in to have us look at it." well, i'm 60 miles from there:confused: will call them back later in the week when i have time.

RCBS
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
so i have decided to try and go around the haggling at the dealership. e-mailed Toyota customer service. the reply made me somewhat happy. "We have contacted Germain Toyota for you and their customer relations manager will be contacting you before 5 p.m. on 10/19. If you have not received contact from them, please let us know." We shall see...said the blind man...we shall see.

SuperPoser
10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I had a check engine light on my taco... around 65,000 miles...
had it checked at germain toyota on the way to the columbus airport for a work trip... turned out it was it was a problem with the cat...
they said it would be a warrenty replacement...
so I flew out, and when I flew back to ohio, I had it repaired at no dollar cost to me...
it did however cost me about 7 hours on a thursday afternoon/evening...
wth took so long? :dunno:

I think the head mechanic was bitten by a zombie or something and caused a huge ruckas as the swat team came in to elimate the zombie threat...
I was at the bike store around the corner when this occured, so I missed all the excitement... but when I got back, there was only 1 mechanic left and he was rather slow...

debo1683
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I had that same issue with my 06 Tacoma, the rear springs. A load of firewood would bottom out the truck. Expect to wait awhile on parts as there is a nationwide backorder on them. If they start to give you crap about it, just call Toyota. luckily the dealer I took mine to, even though they had never heard of the problem, ordered the parts for me. That was the beginning of September and my parts are supposed to be in the beginning of November. Time will tell ...

RCBS
10-30-2007, 01:26 PM
yup, they seem to be clueless, but willing to resolve the situation. had a load of firewood in it this weekend...OMG...i think it rode all the way home on the bump-stops. service manager seems to be pretty cool. now i just gotta get it up there for the good old, "we'll have to look at it" thing. i'm out 120 miles worth of gas, but as long as i get my new packs, i'll be happy. i swear i could put twice the load in my old t-100 (8ft bed, 1/2 ton) with no bottoming issues. if any of you are looking to get these kinds of issues resolved (TSB, Warranty, etc.) i reccomend e-mailing corporate first. you will get much more attention, much faster if they are involved.

RCBS
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
well i'll be! seems toyota really does care! got an email today..."let's just go ahead and do the TSB, we have nothing to lose.." ME=:D now it's just a matter of gettin a set of those springs shipped into Cols.

RCBS
11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
UPDATE:

i must admit...i'm suprised. parts are in and could be put on next week, but i'm gonna wait till first week of Dec. so as not to interfere with my hunting/wheeling (ya, i get a lil action in during slugfest). only one concern, serv. manager never stated that it's a (4) leaf pack, so i asked for comfirmation. other than that, after they had become aware of the situation, i'm very satisfied with the service i have received. more after they are on.

RCBS
12-05-2007, 01:09 PM
all done!! dropped of Mon night at Germain, got me a corolla rental, back up last night and picked it up. i dunno if it was from ridin in that corolla, but the ride seems improved (could be my mind playing tricks on me:rolleyes: ) real test is Sat when i throw a load of locust in the back.

i have to say it......other than warming my truck up for me last night, (i know its a bit much, but woulda been nice :D )it was a pleasant experience i came away from satisfied. Derrick Wilson is the service manager at Germain, and he took complete care of me. i can now close this chapter.

all in all, i didnt think i would get this good of service from such a large dealer, but ultimatly i'm happy.

BTW--if you are over 6', don't ride in a corolla! :)