: Weird noise

MarineTaco
08-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey guys and gals. Been a while since I've been on here. Have a question though. I'm up here in Colorado visiting family. I went over a few passes last weekend and I went and washed my truck on Monday. I decided to clean the engine compartment because it was a lil dirty. After washing it out, I now have a noise coming from the front passenger side of the engine. I thought I had it narrowed down to possibly my power steering pump or the idler pulley. I pulled the pully out and cleaned it. I thought maybe I just had some dirt and grime get into the gears but I'm lost now. I took it to the dealership and they gave me that DUH look. I knew I was in trouble when the stupid salesperson came up to me and said he would trade me for a new 2wd model. Gave him the "Go away, you bother me look." The mech said he couldn't look at it until next week. Well, I leave to go back to Oklahoma on Monday. Everything is running right. I have my horses. I'm just one I need to know what the freakin noise it. Any help would be nice.

tacotoy
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
be specific on what the noise sounds like and when it occurs. is it happening with engine rpms or as your accelerate. only when at full open throttle or at idle?

MarineTaco
08-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I hear the noise when I'm revving up the engine. I can hear it at idle but it gets louder when I rev it up. It kinda sounds like a vaccum but if it was a vaccum leak, I would be losing performance. Ive gone back and forth between Montrose and Grand Junction twice....but it's affecting the performance. I can go 70 and it will downshift with no problems. I'm stumped.