: ADD diff ???

TacoCrazy
03-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if the vacuum actuator and the electric actuator are interchangeable? Simply put, my ADD diff uses a vacuum actuator(97' model) and the complete diff I'm looking to purchase has an electric one (2001 model)..Can I just swap the actuators or will I have to go deeper?? Thanks in advance

ShowStop
03-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if the vacuum actuator and the electric actuator are interchangeable? Simply put, my ADD diff uses a vacuum actuator(97' model) and the complete diff I'm looking to purchase has an electric one (2001 model)..Can I just swap the actuators or will I have to go deeper?? Thanks in advance
I know the diff itself is the same, everything else just bolts on. So take your actuator off your diff and bolt it in place on the new one. From there you should be good to go.

TacoCrazy
03-31-2005, 07:25 PM
That was my understanding as well, I appreciate the input..

ptrautne
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM

The diff is the same and the acuator is just different. You can switch the vacuum one on the new one and the other way.

TacoCrazy
04-01-2005, 05:39 AM
The diff is the same and the acuator is just different. You can switch the vacuum one on the new one and the other way.
Cool man, much appreciated.

SloPoke
04-19-2005, 11:07 AM
What you goina do with the e-actuator?
Got pics of it?
I may be interested if you don't have a use for it and will let it go for cheap.
I currently have a working vac. actuator and may be needing the electric one for a test project I got goin'.

TacoCrazy
04-19-2005, 11:49 AM
What you goina do with the e-actuator?
Got pics of it?
I may be interested if you don't have a use for it and will let it go for cheap.
I currently have a working vac. actuator and may be needing the electric one for a test project I got goin'.
It's currently bolted to the 4.10 diff I took out of the truck..Not sure if I'm going to seperate it or sell the entire assy..

SloPoke
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Coo. Well, if you seperate, leme know. I want first dibs on it. Too many projects currently but this is one I've been looking forward to.

Thanks

TacoCrazy
04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Coo. Well, if you seperate, leme know. I want first dibs on it. Too many projects currently but this is one I've been looking forward to.

Thanks
If you have an offer, go ahead and shoot..May help make up my mind.. :D

SloPoke
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually, I was honestly hoping to get one for next to nothing, maybe swap so shipping would be the only expense. I can work with the vac. one but I think the elec. one would be easier to deal with for my situation.

Thanks though. Once I get all the parts ordered and in for the 84 project, I'll hit ya back up. ;)