: Crown King Aug. 4, 2007

Mark in Az
08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow that was a big group. Sadly we had to deny a couple in an F350 from joining us. That vehicle just wasn't worthy. You'll see what I mean in the first two pictures. The vehicles that went ranged from from an FJ40 to a Nissan Titan. The trail is so graded that even a big group can make good time.

Here's some pics
http://community.webshots.com/album/560167186jxvqOV?vhost=community

Kaistie
08-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Nice. That old timer and his "F350" is always there at McDonalds. Every time I go wheeling I see him there with his beast. Talked to him a few times, very interesting individual.

crawler#976
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Shane - I owe ya one for getting the busted truck out.

Mark...that ol' f350 probably went over the original trail before we were born! Thanks to you and Patty for eating dust all day - I appreciate you taking the tailgunner spot!

Huge turnout! Thanks to all that made it!

As seems to be the case, I didn't get many pic's...

The lower section of the LP-CK trail is now a 1.5 to 2 rated trail. Once you get to the Prescott NF boundary, it gets back to normal, and is a 2.5.

FYI: There is a large piece of steel protruding about 5" out of the ground just at the top of the sharp left hand turn over Oro Belle Mine safe room (the bypass cut where the creek washed out the road). It has the potential to destroy a tire.

Mark

zrtwooo
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I had a great time. looking forward to seeing yous all again. I'm planning on the moab trip...anyone else?

mpltclark
08-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I had a great time. looking forward to seeing yous all again. I'm planning on the moab trip...anyone else?

Hey, was great meeting you on the CK run. I was trying to find the thread for the Moab trip in September that you mentioned, thought I'd take a look and see if I could convince the wife to go if it fits in with the work schedule. Post up the link for me if you don't mind.

Jeff

Comander Ace
08-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Cant beleve i missed the trip I was dealing with those damn insurance people and forgot all about the trip. :banghead: looks like it was a lot of fun maybe next time ill have a rig that can make it

Mark in Az
08-06-2007, 08:54 AM
.... the thread for the Moab trip in September that you mentioned, thought I'd take a look and see if I could convince the wife to go if it fits in with the work schedule. Post up the link for me if you don't mind.

Jeff

Here's the link:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47979

It's also on our calender at www.azttora.com