: Off Road Parks in Indiana

Fuod
08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought it might be helpful to have a post dedicated to off-road parks in Indiana with member ratings and reviews. If this works out we'll sticky it!

Since there are only a handful of parks in Indiana we could allow reviews for parks in adjacent states.

What I need from you is a review on the parks and how you would rate them between 1 and 10 (10 being most difficult) and maybe an overall rating between 1 and 10 (10 being best park ever). Any other info that you want to supply would be a bonus, so don't be shy!

All I have to do now is figure out how to format this into a post that is easy to read... :D

You can either post your reviews here or PM them to me.

Oh, and lets make sure these are LEGAL off-road parks!

Thanks!
DC

amp2oo1
08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Well this isn't in Indiana, but it's not too far.

http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/

I went there a couple weeks ago and had a blast. They have stock friendly stuff, and some really crazy stuff as well. It was really muddy when I was there (6" rain the days before) which made it pretty hairy for my first time out. I'd go back again in a heartbeat. I believe it's about 300 or so acres. The #1 trail is the one I rode. Normally they say it takes about 2 hours, but it took us 6 b/c of the wet. There are a couple other stock trails, and a ton of more difficult ones.

Tight trails, hill climbs, creeks, trees, just about everything but sand.

1-10 rating? Hard to say as I stayed on one trail and it was my first time out. I had a blast though so I'd probably say 8. No dunes or rock quarry (that I saw)

Bear
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
DC,

I would alter your rating system just a bit, keep it even more simple than a 1 to 10 scale.

Most offroad trails are rated similar to what ski slopes are. with 1 being a stocker friendly one step up from dirt road condition to 5 being comp buggie capable rigs only with extreme body damage resulting regardless. I have even been on trails that used the diamond system just like ski slopes/resorts.

Just use the 1-5 system. One being stocker friendly or facilities are lacking and 5 being extreme or facilities abundant and helpful.

Otherwise good idea. I can provide info on Badlands, Haspin, Slade (Kentucky) and Harlan (far south east Kentucky) I don't think you want info on Texas do you?:p

I am sure Brian can also add to the info pool! Jeremy probably has info for South Indiana.

this is a very worthwhile project, please stay on top of it! great idea!

Fuod
08-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Just use the 1-5 system. One being stocker friendly or facilities are lacking and 5 being extreme or facilities abundant and helpful.

OK, works fine for me! :) But I still would like to stick to a 1 to 10 scale, makes it easier for those that arent sure if a park is a 3 or 4, they can just go with a 7...

I'll take anything you folks wanna give me. I'll have some time later this week to format the info together.

Bear
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
This was what you were working on last week correct? Sounds like a good venture, press on! balls all out!

you might need to remind me though about getting you the info. Brinner might be a better person to contact for Badland info, he knows the park better than I.

Fuod
08-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I would by now have had something for everyone to view, but the only review I've recieved is from amp2oo1 (Thanks amp2oo1!) and it wasn't even in Indiana.

You can post them here or PM me...

I'll wait for more, it's in my nature...

Thanks,
DC

Bear
08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, three kids going back to school (yesterday was their first day) God knows how many projects I have on vehicles right now not to mention being behind every deadline i have at work due to no one getting me product in time.

I think I have a few other things I need to address immediately! I'll try and get something in the next week for you

Fuod
08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey, no problem. I hope you didn't think I was pissed because I didn't get many responses! I'm cool, and I can wait for what I need... The responses will come, eventually...

You do what you need to do and get back to me when you can!

No problems here! :)

<cough>Hey Brinner, how about a review for badlands?</cough> :D

keynote22
08-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Noblesville badlands. According to the DNR it is legal to wheel here but stay out of the water. Do not cross the river south as that is owned by beaver and they will ticket you for trespassing.

http://tinyurl.com/2ph5fm

class 1 mostly. but the trails from the sand areas to the woods are narrow. Mostly for quads, trackers or jeeps. If you dont mind scratching your stuff up, you can squeeze through to get to the open areas. There are some fun areas to play in that can get up into class 2-3 but they are basically obstacles and not long runs. As nice way to spend a few hours after work.

North of 146th on river road north of beavers quarry.

the north lake is in the center

Bear
08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to come across so harsh!

You might want to clarify that these areas are for legal wheel'n only.

Many "urban" wheeln' grounds are not always legal so maybe a disclaimer may also be needed.

Fuod
08-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Noblesville badlands. According to the DNR it is legal to wheel here but stay out of the water. Do not cross the river south as that is owned by beaver and they will ticket you for trespassing.

I've been wondering where this place is! I live just a few miles from there, I may just have to go check it out sometime soon!

slander
08-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Slade i would give a between a 1-5 depending on what you look for.
Turkey bay KY, 1-4 again theres a ton of trails and you can go as hard as you want.

never been to the cliffs but all my friends that have gone has said if you have a full bodied rig stay off the hard trails,
the badlands, I would really say it depends on who ya go with. I get lost as hell there and only go with people that KNOW the park. Evreytime i go i find a new obsticle. They need to map and mark the trails 100% better than they do now.