: truck is rubbing my feet??!!

hanksyota
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
i know it sounds weird, and my brother already suggested a psychiatrist, but this is what is happening. when i put in my clutch and brake, i dont feel anything. when im driving i dont feel anything, but when i clutch, brake AND TURN, i feel something rub the pedals and in turn my feet. does this make sense. it doesnt happen all the time, just if i turn a little left or right, then past 1oclock or 11oclock, i dont feel it. something is obviously rubbing somewhere. any suggestions?

00regcab
08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
probably not rubbing, unless its your tires.

Sounds to me like its steering oriented, something to do with the steering box.

Might be the clutch slipping a little for whatever reason, or even your front cv's (unless you have manual hubs?)

alot of possibilites lol

TowerRigger
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh no. Get out the stait jacket guys. He's lost it.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but it was fun being in the peanut gallery.

devinsixtyseven
08-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Nonono...I was thinking the same thing...

If it's giving you a foot massage, maybe it'll give you a happy ending?

:D

Maybe one of the tires is rubbing the cab, and you're feeling it through the linkage?

spindleshanks
08-14-2007, 07:41 PM
bearing vibration (throwout bearing?)
Or bell housing gnomes from the planet Xenon.

hanksyota
08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
manual hubs=yes. happy ending=I wish. haha. i will probably say its the gnomes. but, who knows after 4 pitchers with shelby and 6 games of bowling, its hard to walk, let alone figure out whats going on with my truck. since people are mentioning clutch, it has been making some noise when my i bring my foot off the clutch. tick tick noise. hmmm shit. i hope its not clutch damn it.

Lysmachia
08-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Well if it is - ya know Troy and I will help ya. We are gonna do his clutch when we put his crawler in. Come help and watch for when we do yours :D

hanksyota
08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
when are you guys doing work on troy's rig? i definitely need to learn some stuff, and no better people to learn from then you crazy fools. back to the daily grind...

RedRunnertc
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I need to order the stuff still ... hopefully before Moab though!

thefatkid
08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Look under there and see if the clutch pedal bracket is broken, that is a common one. Pedal pressure increases as the clutch get close to worn out and this can cause enough extra stress to crack it.

I don't know about the foot rub though, do you have to take your shoes off? pants?

hanksyota
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
i will check that when i get out of work. the truck has almost 107k on the original. it feels great though, grabs well and doesnt slip a bit. the foot rub thing is weird. it is a vibration. i dont know how to describe it well enough i guess. hopefully my wheels dont just fall off one of these days.

Lysmachia
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I so wanna know if you have to take yer pants off though. How cool would that be?

spindleshanks
08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey, everybody's driven naked before. No shame.

Lysmachia
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey, everybody's driven naked before. No shame.

Or you have spindel.... :D

hanksyota
08-16-2007, 09:32 AM
it goes away if i take my pants off. weird...