: My new CBI sliders

keynote22
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
are on their way. Im too damn lazy to search all the threads on the best way to finish them. Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow so I can take them down south to a paint booth at my companies corporate HQ and finish em right... if not I'll have to use some sort of rattle can product.

Can you guys recommend the best thing to use to prime, seal, finish em either spray through a gun or rattle can? Or should I take them to a rhino coat place? Im not a fan of powder coat since its expensive and it WILL get scratched off almost immediately.

Bear
08-15-2007, 02:28 PM
whatever you do…do not use a spray on liner material. I have seen other use it and once it chips (which the sliders should get chips if used right) the material peels off in larger chunks!

Do not powerder coat or even spend the time or money on the application.

Best way to paint them is to get a decent "ectching" primer and prime them. Then select a matchable (read as not a cheapo brand but a popular brand) color and brand and rattle can them!

I used to keep mine painted and purity. and that is the best advice I can give you! Mine are about due for a fresh coat in fact, might just have to do it here soon myself.

Just don't waste the money on any "high cost, high quality" finishes, you are just going to knock it off anyway. I wouldn't even waste the gas money to drive across town to the paint booth. Just suspend them from a tree in the back yard if available and paint them there!

When you have them on the truck, and want to repaint them, hit me up for advice. I know ways of repainting them without having to take them off the truck!

keynote22
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I see that you have provided detailed info on this in several threads.

It's the name brands I was after that I didn't want to search for lol.

I found a few... mill spec, duplicolor. When ya go to home despot and ask for good etching primer they look at you like they are stoned (probably because they are) so i need to know before hand exactly what to get. Seems to me there was a high build zink rich etching primer I used to use for stuff like this but I cant find it anymore.

I think I will go back to my days of selling porter paints and use some industrial grade enamels cut with lacquer. I know their products backwards and forwards but they require a spray booth and a few days to do it. I will have one day and a 2 hour one way drive to get to my booth.

amp2oo1
08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Here's how I did mine -
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?p=944915&postcount=56

I'm happy with how they came out.

Bear
08-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry! I didn't realize (read as being dumb) you were looking for brands!

On the etching primer, I usually just use the type they sell at Vato Zone.

on the brand of rattle can paint, I have had the best luck with Rustoleum hammerite paint! If you really wanted a tough finish for a bit more coin, go to lowes or home depot and look for appliance epoxy paint. That has a really hard finish to it, down side only comes in ivory, white or black. let it dry/bake in the sun for a few hours and it is almost scratch resistant!

Again, I wouldn't spend the time to go to the spray booth to do the job. I am pretty sure you are like me when I first started wheel'n. Everytime I got off the trail the first thing I did was wash the truck and touch up all the paint scratches on the sliders! For that situation, you are going to want something that will be easy and quick. stay with a conventional rattle can and call it a day! Otherwise you are going to have to be running back and forth, stocking up on paint and after a while you are going to get sick of the process!

Oh! one more paint suggestion. I used this on my bumper and floor board. Auto Zone has a DIY bed liner paint. It comes in a spray can. It does not do very good in beds, but holds up pretty good for bumpers/sliders etc. I cant remember the brand name. But like I said I used it on my bumper and for touch ups, it blends back together pretty good! I normally do the touch up in my driveway without even masking off other parts of the truck.

It is the only one other than Herculiner that Auto Zone sells, comes in a blue can if I remember right!

Good luck, I am off to the parking lot otherwise known as the drive home!

I'll try and pick up on this later this evening though.

Hoss
08-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I like Rust-o-leum stuff. They make an etching primer in their industrial strength line, although I'm not really sure how clear that information is labeled on the can. They just call it primer for bare steel, but it will be in a silver can like the other industrial colors. You can get it in grey or that rust color. Also, Duplicolor sells an etching primer that is quite nice. It is really easy to spray on amd it leaves a nice finish. I used the duplicolor on my old All-Pro bumper and the Rustoleum on my sliders. Both are pretty good.

Like I said, I like rustoleum pretty good and am a big fan of the Hammered finsh line of paints from them. My sliders are done in the Hammered black. But, recently I have been using the industrial strength flat black from rustoleum and I must say it leaves a very strong finish and goes on pretty well, too. But, if you aren't good with a spray paint can, I'd suggest the hammered stuff b/c it is self-leveling and will cover a lot of errors.

Bear
08-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Looks good, same paint I was mentioning. I used it on mine as well! At least the last go round of painting them!

Bear
08-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Good info there Jamie!

maybe that is why I like the hammerite as well…it covers up my screw ups! LOL

keynote22
08-16-2007, 05:35 AM
thanks guys.

BTW I love my truck but I still havent washed off the mud from the trip I went on with you guys. I did dent the bed unfortunately when I went wheeling here locally with the jeep guys. Kinda pissed me off since I knew I shouldnt have followed those nuts. They try to break stuff lol. I like my truck like I like my women, dirty. Now my cars are spotless and look brand new for a 10 year old and a 14 year old car.

Amps thread was the one I couldnt find again for some reason. they didnt have that primer at the two places I went. I'll try the auto zone like bear suggested.

Me and rattle can are old enemies. I'm pretty good with a cup gun. I figure I'll go with bears advice and rattle can everything for easy touch up in the future. Hopefully they will arrive Friday.

keynote22
08-16-2007, 05:37 AM
They just call it primer for bare steel, but it will be in a silver can like the other industrial colors.

Cool. Now Im good to go. I was looking for a can that said etching or zink rich. thanks

Bear
08-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Well good luck with everything. If you need some advice on easy touch up, later on down the road let me know.

I will tell you though, a card board box and masking tape will soon become your "best friends" Oh and their cousin mr. postal packaging paper roll will also drop by from time to time!:D

Hoss
08-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I did dent the bed unfortunately when I went wheeling here locally with the jeep guys. Kinda pissed me off since I knew I shouldnt have followed those nuts. They try to break stuff lol.

Oh man, I've been there. I feel for you. I tried to follow some Jeep guys at Turkey Bay this spring and this is what it got me.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/private/TurkeyBayMarch07041.jpg

Bear
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
most of my body damage has come from trying to follow Dave in his jeep through some tight trails!

should be okay after I get cub #2's FJ finished:D then I will be able to go where even the jeeps won't be able to.ha ha

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-16-2007, 08:31 AM
see the problem is y'all are trying to follow Jeeps.........make them follow you and find some steep ledges where you can take advantage of your wheelbase........and then watch them flip over backward. :)

Hoss
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
^ that's pretty funny.

Bear
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
^ that's pretty funny.

Don't encourage him!;) :D

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
It is funny..........you should try it sometime. :)

brinner
08-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh man, I've been there. I feel for you. I tried to follow some Jeep guys at Turkey Bay this spring and this is what it got me.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/hosswildcat/private/TurkeyBayMarch07041.jpg

i got a similar dent when a guy had to 'tackle' my truck to keep it away from a tree....luckily i was able to just reach in and pop it out.

keynote22
08-16-2007, 02:59 PM
the bed in front of the rear tire is pushed up on mine. Not so bad that you can really see it from the side but its buckled inside the wheel well so I can see. More of the principle of the thing than anything. had my sliders ft correctly it wouldnt have happened. Had I been a better driver it wouldnt have happened. Had I been smart enough not to follow them through tight turns etc... you get the pic. Some dents and dings are battle scars to enjoy... some make ya annoyed.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't have a single dent in my truck that has been caused my wheeling........well except for the gas tank LOL.

I have been really lucky.

ohio03trdtaco
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't have a single dent in my truck that has been caused my wheeling........well except for the gas tank LOL.

I have been really lucky.

Trust me you should be very happy with your rear bumper after rail bed. :D I have a trashed quarter panel on the drivers side back by the tail light. So yeah a rear bumper with wrap around sides could save some headaches as well. You will see tons of our trucks with banged up beds. :D Sliders are great though and have saved my rockers and doors a couple of times.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I Know Eric!!!

I felt that thing hit the rock and I just cringed in my seat and hammered down.......but the bumpe held tough!!!!

Hoss
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Bump for pics...

keynote22
08-22-2007, 06:53 PM
well they came in finally and Im pleased with them so far. The u-brackets are poorly made imo. He put them corner to corner and then filled in the open section with weld. One would think it would be easy to get a cast uchannel of this size or fairly close. Or, the two pieces could be butted together and then joined. No biggie, they are just for support not to bare a load. The piping welds are first rate. Very few pin holes and the sliders look pretty good overall.

The painting is taking for ever. Paint most of it. Let it dry. Paint the rest. Let it dry. Second coat of primer. Now I have to start the finish coat. But, I have fumigated myself, acid catalyzed my lungs with etching primer, and dry sprayed my whole offices warehouse so now I am in trouble. I wore my good echo hiking boots and the dry spray etched onto them so Im pretty sad that they are now dusted white. These boots have been through a lot with me. :cry: It was a sad sad day when I retired their predecessors. Those boots had been to 5 countries with me and had dirt in em from the great wall of China and manchu pichu among other places! I still have em on a shelf. lol A good pair of boots is better then a......... well better than a lot of stuff. SO anyway I need to figure out how to get the over spray off of em. Too bad I cant clay bar them lol

Like a fool I didnt wear a respirator today. I sell the dam things I should have been smarter, oh well. I'll get some pics up soon as now they are white with primer so they wioll be easier to see.

ohio03trdtaco
08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't have a good pic of my brackets but they are welded with the L being one piece then the backing plate is weld at the end. The weld area looks like a upside down T with welds on both sides. The frame width is slightly different from front to back I think that is why that are welded vs a piece of C channel.

Hoss
08-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Mine (CBI's) are the same way (welded in the gap), but only on the front bracket @ ~120*. And they use what looks like bent plate/fb for the other brackets. Are your brackets all welded?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d711b3127cce8d1bd4627f6200000016102CZuWrZw1Yk

Other brackets
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d711b3127cce8d1bd5b7be1f00000016102CZuWrZw1Yk

ohio03trdtaco
08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Yep all mine are welded together. You can kind of make things out in this pic.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/ohio03trdtaco/sliders/DSCF1145.jpg

This is on a 05 + isn't it.:banghead: :banghead: disregard me mine are for 04 and older.

Hoss
08-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, 05+. I'm wondering if Keynote's are all welded instead of bent plate or flat bar.

Those are still some awesome sliders, man. CBI, right?

Matter of fact, mine look just like that sans the kick-out and the boxed brackets.

ohio03trdtaco
08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah they are CBI bolt-on hoop sliders. They work great is all I can say about them.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/ohio03trdtaco/TTORA/done2.jpg

Hoss
08-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah, I like em, too. I just wish mine were about 3" longer in the rear. I'm anxious to see this new set of Keynote's b/c it looks like they have been redesigned and are longer now.

keynote22
08-23-2007, 10:48 AM
thats what she said... I wish it were 3 inches longer in the rear. DOh!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6163/mvc015fom8.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/710/mvc016fkb5.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3015/mvc018fao6.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8889/mvc019fpq8.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8527/mvc017fkv3.jpg

Kinda shoddy to do it that way imo

keynote22
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
looks like they are seconds from busting off. But I know they are just for added support and the bulk of it is from the bolts up top. The rest is pretty nice.

ohio03trdtaco
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah you are right they don't seem to look right. Seems like some one cut the plate short and filled it with weld. You may want to contact CBI and get there input on it first before drawing a conclusion though.

Bear
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
looks like they are seconds from busting off. But I know they are just for added support and the bulk of it is from the bolts up top. The rest is pretty nice.

cough, cough WELDON cough, cough!

:D

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Those are gonna bend the first time you land on them. There is Alot of room between the last leg and the end of the slider.........If they were mine I would cut another leg and frame plate and add it on. My sliders have four legs were yours only have three and mine are shorter overall!!!!

I know I am ranting here but it is from experience........mine are bent.

ohio03trdtaco
08-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Mine (CBI's) are the same way (welded in the gap), but only on the front bracket @ ~120*. And they use what looks like bent plate/fb for the other brackets. Are your brackets all welded?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d711b3127cce8d1bd4627f6200000016102CZuWrZw1Yk

Other brackets
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d711b3127cce8d1bd5b7be1f00000016102CZuWrZw1Yk

thats what she said... I wish it were 3 inches longer in the rear. DOh!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6163/mvc015fom8.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/710/mvc016fkb5.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3015/mvc018fao6.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8889/mvc019fpq8.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8527/mvc017fkv3.jpg

Kinda shoddy to do it that way imo

Top on has 4 legs bottom only has 3:confused: And there does seem to be a lot of distances left unsupported on the bottom pic.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM
If you look at the pics Eric posted you can get an Idea of what I mean........his have four legs on them and the outer overhang is tons less than yours........mine is even less than Eric's (or so it looks judging by the pics).

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Top on has 4 legs bottom only has 3:confused: And there does seem to be a lot of distances left unsupported on the bottom pic.

The top and bottom are two different trucks........the ones on the top with 4 legs look ok but those bottom ones that are painted white don't look good at all.

ohio03trdtaco
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
The top and bottom are two different trucks........the ones on the top with 4 legs look ok but those bottom ones that are painted white don't look good at all.

I know they are two different trucks but why not the same leg set-up? That is what has me confused here.Are the trucks different cab set-ups? Oh and your sliders don't stick out as far as mine but mine block trees and car doors better. :D

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
they are different cab setups.........the bottom ones are for a d-cab and the top are for an access cab......so if anything the bottom ones should be built stronger cause the truck is heavier.

And I know my sliders don't stick out as much.......they work ok though......how many times did I bounce off the rock at the bottom of this pic WITHOUT denting the door???......more than once and I was hitting it pretty dam hard........never the less i plan on building some new ones this winter with hoops like yours have.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/NEV2DEP/Harlan%20July%2007/100_1569.jpg

ohio03trdtaco
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah I would call or e-mail CBI before going any farther, to make sure these have been built correctly.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah I would call or e-mail CBI before going any farther, to make sure these have been built correctly.

deffinately.........something don't look right with them.

keynote22
08-23-2007, 02:38 PM
they said thats how they build them now. The legs are spaced differently to give more support :confused: The rear leaves an awful lot left open. :(
Not much I can do about it now. I pretty much relied on the general feeling that CBI is a first rate organization since they couldnt provide me with concrete info on what I was buying. Now do you see why I whined so much in my other slider thread?? All these taco product companies are annoying. The price is crazy, the build time is excessive, they are too cool to deal with you, they are run like a clubhouse, they only build stuff part time and very part time at that, our word is our bond but it changes when ever we say it does.... I think I have covered every major manufacturer for taco parts with those statements. At least they didnt cost $900. Too bad they're gonna bend i guess.

ohio03trdtaco
08-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah I have nothing but good to say about them for my sliders and pricing. I however can't say that those look as well built as mine, or even Hoss's sliders on his 05. I would look into a 4th leg I can't see that much length being unsupported like that on a heavy double cab.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 02:49 PM
don't get down......it is not your fault that it is a piss poor design.........I can tell you why they did it.......they did it cause this way uses less metal and is therfore cheaper to build which = more money in there pocket.

From here what you need to do is this.........bolt them on your truck and look at the rear where there is all that open space..........find a place on your frame where you can mount another plate (even if you have to drill a hole) then get one of you fellow members (I would volunteer but I am a long ways away and don't even have time to wrench on my own junk) to help you make two more frame plates and tube legs for the sliders then weld them up.....it won't be hard and when you are done you will have a dam nice set of sliders. Just try to position that final leg out as close to the end as you can.

keynote22
08-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I am way WAY down atm. This has been a hell week for me with many let downs of one sort or another. After making my rear light racks I know how difficult/expensive it is to make stuff so getting another leg is no easy task. I would have rather spent the extra money upfront to have it done right.

CBI says they cant put another leg in because of the way they bolt up to the frame. Blah! the one on their web site is a 4 door. No confirmation, no follow up, no instructions for the additional brackets they sent me. Annoying! I'm about to really go soap box so I better just stop.

Spending a chunk of change and having it be less than what was expected ticks me off more than anything.

I gave steve a call and sent him the pics for his feedback. I'll see what he has to say after he sees the pics. Depending on how I feel after I speak to him (instead of Angie) and after I bolt them on I can always post up the pics in the main section of TTORA. I am sure the worlds greatest internet flame team that lurks out there on the main board will have fun pointing out whats wrong with them.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
don't feel bad.........I got a 700$ rear axle with a locker that don't work. I am gonna have to dissasemble the fucker and fix it even though it is brand new!!!!

and this is on top of haveing to regear the dam thing!!!

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I am way WAY down atm. This has been a hell week for me with many let downs of one sort or another. After making my rear light racks I know how difficult/expensive it is to make stuff so getting another leg is no easy task. I would have rather spent the extra money upfront to have it done right.

I agree but there is not much you can do now........and makeing the extra leg won't be as hard as you think :)

CBI says they cant put another leg in because of the way they bolt up to the frame. Blah! the one on their web site is a 4 door. No confirmation, no follow up, no instructions for the additional brackets they sent me. Annoying! I'm about to really go soap box so I better just stop.

bullshit........if they can't do it the why the hell does Hoss's have 4 legs???

Spending a chunk of change and having it be less than what was expected ticks me off more than anything.

for sure

I gave steve a call and sent him the pics for his feedback. I'll see what he has to say after he sees the pics. Depending on how I feel after I speak to him (instead of Angie) and after I bolt them on I can always post up the pics in the main section of TTORA. I am sure the worlds greatest internet flame team that lurks out there on the main board will have fun pointing out whats wrong with them.

don't put your pictures there........most of those dumb fucks don't even wheel. I am all but done with the NB but that is another rant in and of itself :rolleyes:

And I would go after Steve in a big way........I have been following a thread on another board where a guy bought a pair of bumpers that were not right just like your sliders are not right and he kept fighting and ended up getting alot of his money back. (from CBI)

keynote22
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Ouch. I can feel your pain. Even if they did warranty your axle for a new one... How about all the labor and hassle of doing the swap???? Nobody ever takes that into consideration :D

man I tell ya, my company must be the only one in existence that actually warranties the part and gives you credit for time lost. Thats why my week has been so rough. I have been doing warranty work for free for stuff that some other company sold to the customer. The other company spec'd it wrong and of course wont follow up to correct the problem. 'eh, hopefully it will work out for me in the long run and Ill get the next order :D

anywho.. thanks for the encouragement a couple of beers and I'll be right as toast again ;)

keynote22
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
hey todd send me a link on your trail rig for sale please

Hoss
08-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Damn, man. I feel for you. Just can't catch a break. But, I would do as Todd suggests and just fix it right and make them super-duper strong. Might take a little more time, money and effort, but at least you won't have to worry about it and it will be done right. I'll be glad to take and send yu any pics of my 4th leg (as opposed to my third leg) so you can have an idea how to go about it.

I know what you mean about spending money and beng disappointed, though. I just put a Downey skid plate on and I had to enlarge holes, lengthen slots and beat and bang that sucker just to get it mounted...straight out of the box.:doh:

keynote22
08-23-2007, 03:38 PM
oooff! Man that sucks. I wanted one of those but decided to wait a bit for others to come out. the pics they have on their sight look killer. Post up some pics :D

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM
for Skids go with BudBuilt.......his stuff fits and is tough as hell........Joe, Eric, and Terry from Ohio all have them and i have seen all three of them smack the shit out of those things (Joe and Terry cause they wheel hard and Eric cause his truck sits so low it runs into everything and anything:D ) and they just keep going unfased.

Hoss
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I want a set of Budbuilts, but I need a good IFS skid right now. Been waiting on Bud for over a year. I will possibly upgrade in the future, but I have been pushing my luck with the stock skids for too long. Keynote, I hope I'm not jacking your slider thread, but here are the pics you asked for.

Do you think I should paint it black? I think it needs to be black and call less attention to itself.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d602b3127cceb9bcb3d5b59500000026102CZuWrZw1Yk

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d602b3127cceb9bcb3a234d200000026102CZuWrZw1Yk

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d602b3127cceb9bcb3d634a600000026102CZuWrZw1Yk

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
I thought that Bud had his 05+ skid out already :confused:

keynote22
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Those look really nice. Leave em silver.

Hoss
08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought that Bud had his 05+ skid out already :confused:

Not that I am aware of yet. All I keep hearing is, "Soon. Very soon." I do know they released their nrew 05 bumper last week. It is hawt.

BTW, Keynote- I have a leaking front diff and Toyota Service MGR wants to inspect my truck to see if warranty will cover it, so your problems could be worse.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-23-2007, 04:39 PM
better get the vasilene ready now.......and you might as well assume this position :xmoon: ........cause they will try to:bhump: you :eek:

if you can't tell I dislike dealerships :D

Oh and y'all want bad.........we have a storm with 80mph winds and hail bearing down on us as I type this and my truck is stuck in the middle of an open parking lot here at work........body damage here I come:o

Hoss
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I'm ready. I figure when they see 33" tires, an aftermarket suspension, no sway bar and the lack of fender well liners, I'm pretty much screwed (since mud clogging the vent breather is the believed cause of the bad seal). Gonna try anyway. They promised me they wouldn't charge me to just look at it. And if they don't cover it, I'll take it elsewhere for the work for cheaper. Screw em.

jason6746
08-23-2007, 05:54 PM
i think if your best bet is to add another leg
leave the skid silver
have any of you guys seen the trail gear sliders in person, if so what do you think

Hoss
08-23-2007, 06:41 PM
leave the skid silver
have any of you guys seen the trail gear sliders in person, if so what do you think

A poster on another board got the TG weld-on sliders for a new taco and they were bad. Like rubbing the doors, bad.

Link to thread on TG sliders (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195586)

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-25-2007, 11:25 AM
leave the skid silver

trail gear does not have a good reputation for making quality stuff.

How soon are you wanting sliders??

I am thinking about selling mine and building another set........they would bolt right on your truck and I would make you a hell of a deal but it will be a couple three monthes before I get to it.

To Keynote: Have you got any response from Steve on this issue......I am interested in what he has to say.

jason6746
08-26-2007, 06:11 PM
might be interested in your sliders.
it seems most sliders ive looked at are basicly same tubing, looks like the poeple that have trouble it is from instalation errors.

Bear
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Jason, remember all 1.5" tubing looks the same from the outside, but the big difference is in the wall thickness.

my poor sliders, look like mere 2.5 square tubing...But I damn darn gurantee, that they are stronger than most sliders out there! .188 walled! My sliders only have slight "elevation to the passenger side...only after coming down on it with the trucks full weight on it....from a 3.5' fall down a waterfall, but the sliders actually never dented. The mount bent slightly, maybe 1/4"at most. Thicker wall is definitely better when you can get it!

want to talk about my spring hangers on the front of my SAS:D 5/16" thick plate...set off a claymore under my springs and the damn hangers won't be effected! LOL. instead of "BearAttack", my truck should be named "overkill"

keynote22
08-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Steve says they are poorly welded and the design is less than he'd like so he is changing the design on future models. He switched to 3 leg because 4 leg interfere with the rear spring perch. He is confident I will have no issues but if I do, they carry a lifetime warranty. I told him I was unhappy and do not want to run the chance. It will cost more to have another leg added than the sliders cost in the first place. (here in Indy anyway) I am curious how he plans to reinforce the over hang on future designs to see if that is a better alternative for me than adding another leg.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I think he is feeding you bs.

Hoss's have four legs and there appears to be no spring perch issues.....so something does not add up........plus if they are poorly welded in Steve's eyes than why the hell did he send them to you???

What are you gonna do with these? Are you gonna put them on? Send them Back??

If you are keeping them I would surely be getting some of my money back. my:2cents:

keynote22
08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
he apologized for letting them get sent out with poor welds but feels they will hold up with no problem, pointing to the lifetime warranty he offers. If he says he will send new ones Ill take them but I doubt he will. Im waiting to hear what his suggestion is. I asked about his new design for a gusset as maybe that is a better solution for me than trying to add another leg or send these back.

keynote22
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I finally got to speak to him at length on the phone. Pretty stand up guy. We came to a solution which I feel is more than fair and much more than I would have expected. kudos to CBI for being the most professional organization I have dealt with in the after market car world.

Maybe i will have time to paint these things and actually get them on one day.

ohio03trdtaco
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I finally got to speak to him at length on the phone. Pretty stand up guy. We came to a solution which I feel is more than fair and much more than I would have expected. kudos to CBI for being the most professional organization I have dealt with in the after market car world.

Maybe i will have time to paint these things and actually get them on one day.

That is good news that they are making up for things. Glad it is all starting to work out. I like the CBI stuff for the early taco's and was thinking of doing more business with them, but you had me scared there for a bit thinking they have gone down hill.

Bear
09-05-2007, 10:59 AM
so when was he going to send the new ones? I didn't want to say anything here, hoping you could resolve it with STeve. But my experience with steve and CBI has always been top notch. I was disappointed to hear you having issues.

keynote22
09-25-2007, 07:03 AM
finally done
the bolt ons are done. I just need to tap for the drill ons.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5969/mvc005ftu1.jpg

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/708/mvc006ftx6.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8317/mvc007fml3.jpg

keynote22
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
selling the 4 leg and possibly these three leg sliders. 4 leg have never been installed (they are much much beefier) and the three leg have never been trail rashed although the center supports are road grit abrasioned. Anyone interested in them send me a note at keynote22@yahoo.com

brinner
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
hey aaron, are we gonna see you on the trails again? how are things and the new kid?

keynote22
08-23-2008, 06:01 AM
things are a lil rough on me atm. not sure when I can do what anymore. But thanks for asking.

Hoss
08-23-2008, 08:16 AM
things are a lil rough on me atm. not sure when I can do what anymore. But thanks for asking.

Hey, Aaron. Good to see you posting.

I feel your pain, man. My girls (all 70lbs combined) kick my ass on a daily basis. You keep thinking that you're gonna eventually crack, have a breakdown or just collapse from exhaustion, but you never do. They really do make you stronger, more tolerant and more patient. Raising a child is the hardest thing you'll ever do. Take solace in that.

brinner
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
............My girls (all 70lbs combined) kick my ass on a daily basis..........

for some reason....that would be funny to see