: MotorVac

Jade
08-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Gadget has recommended the (Snap-On) MotorVac (http://www.theautochannel.com/mania/repair/motorvac.html) treatment several times and mentioned it to me again on the Farmington trip while trying to tune my truck. I'm pretty seriously considering doing this. Are you peeps aware of any service shops that offer this in the Denver area? I figure that my chances are better there. Thanks!

spindleshanks
08-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm assuming you're talking about the fuel system flush by Motorvac. A lot of shops offer the service, or a similar one with another brand name. Once they buy a flush machine, they can buy the chemicals from anywhere, and most Denver area shops use BG, which is an awesome product. CARQUEST sells the Motorvac machines, and the chemicals that go with them, but they're a parts store so they don't actually perform the service.
The machine forces extremely aggressive cleaner/solvent through your fuel system continuously, cleaning your entire system. The stuff is so aggressive that if you just put it into your tank it would eat all the varnish off its interior and clog your whole system. Regardless, you should change your fuel filter after the flush.
Unfortunately I can't recommend a particular shop that does this, but if you ask around, you'll easily find one anywhere.
If you're interested in fuel system treatment, try out the BG 44K product first...this one you just put in your tank. It's incredible...you WILL feel a difference during and after using it. It's another product by BG, available at most parts stores. Costs about $22 a can though.

Jade
08-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh! I didn't know about eating the varnish from the interior of the tank, interesting and prudent to keep in mind. Maybe I'll start with the BG 44K and fuel filter as I can score a can from work. Meanwhile I'll see if I can find a shop locally that has the MotorVac service. Thanks Jeremy!

spindleshanks
08-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Sure thing Jade. You shouldn't have a problem finding a place in your neck o' the woods that does flush services. Any modern auto shop should be able to service you.

Jade
08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Any modern auto shop should be able to service you.That'd be nice too. ;)

spindleshanks
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
just make sure the technician washes his hands first, you sicko!

Jade
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Hands?

spindleshanks
08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Any luck yet? My buddy Jeff says to visit a Swede named Pella at CARQUEST in Avon (ABC Parts Inc). Says he'll point you in the right direction of a shop that can do the Motorvac services.

Jade
08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Heck yeah, everyone knows Pella. His store is just across the way. I really haven't had much of a chance though, I've been too busy getting threatened at work (already). Today was the first day of meetings and before it even started, I was told to play nice or leave. Bunch of wankers....sheesh.

RedRunnertc
08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I think it's funny that quiet, Zen, Jade is the troublemaker at his work...

Jade
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
But I didn't do anything!!!

spindleshanks
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Is it safe to say that a Motorvac flush is an enema for your fuel system?

Jade
08-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Wrong end....Maybe more like Ex-Lax. Are you sure you can be trusted when it comes to automobiles?

RedRunnertc
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT

Jade
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't you have a truck to fix? lol

Prodigy
08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
**coughcough/bullshit\coughcough**

RedRunnertc
08-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Don't you have a truck to fix? lol

No, I don't.

I have TWO trucks to fix :rofl:

Jade
08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
...maybe it was because I didn't do anything....