TTORA Forum banner

Totally Restored 75 FJ40

6K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  thormotorsports 
#1 · (Edited)
Customized Restoration 75 FJ40

Seven years in the making and she's finally done.
Here's a short clip of her running:
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/Clinton1009/?action=view&current=fj40.flv

Heres a link to pics:
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/Clinton1009/Landcruiser/

Land Cruiser Restoration Mods:

New back half of tub:
Nerf bars and front bumber custom from Up and Over:
Frame Repairs and wax, Up and Over:
Motor-427 Small block, Bill Mitchell 550H.P.:
Headers- Advance adapters, for now, custom ones are $2,000.00
Drive Shaft- Tom Wood’s:
Radiator- Griffin:
Serpentine belt conversion, flywheel:
Rear Axle- Tera flex crd-60 w/456 gears Arb Locker and Disk Brakes all around:
Long range fuel tank, Man-A-Fre:
Chrome Hinges:
Transmission-NV4500 and transfer case-twin Stick Atlas:
Barry Grant Fuel Pump, mounting clamp:
Auto Meter Gauges:
Painless Wiring harness Spectre + misc.:
New Spring and frame bushings:
Keener Coatings: Sand blast, prime and powder coat frame:
Bushings Spectre offroad:
Specter-Steel braided brake lines:
Wesco Performance-Seat Belts:
American Racing Wheels and Kumo Tires
5150 Bilstein shocks:
Two drycell batteries:
PIAA Lights:
Super 44 Flowmasters:
Dodge Viper Seats
Every piece of rust was cut and replaced, no bondo anywhere.

I have a ton of in process pics if any one would like to see a mod in process

See less See more
#3 ·
when you said short...you meant short! :D

that motor sounds "deadly" I am curious as to what is under the "bonnet" as well!

Overall that looks awesome! Nice job

#5 ·
That's not exactly what I think of when someone says "rstored". To me, restored means original stock, but very nice rig none-the-less.

#7 ·
Icky wheels.. :rolleyes: Sounds mean though!

#9 ·
That thing is really sweet! I would be scared to take it off pavement, bein all pretty and what not.... But, I can truly appreciate the beauty of such a vehicle.

#10 ·
I would like to see some more interior shots. What seat frames did you use? Also, the griffon radiator. Where did you get it? I am restoring "customize restoring" my 69 and have a few parts that I am having troubles with. Also - what steering shaft/column did you use? I went with btbprod and with the drive by wire engine. with the huge column mount, my brake pedal hits it? what did you use?

#11 ·
The seat frame was custom fit once we had the driveline, which required me to cut my floor back about 8" to fit the transfer and then fiberglass my tunnel back ten inches to cover the hole. I also had to cut the center of my long range fuel tank so driveline would fit and then after all that was fitted I had the seat brace made to fit around the gas tank. The Griffin radiator came from Summit but the bracket was also custom made to fit and last but not least the steering shaft is stock with a new cover from spectre. If you would still like to see pics of any one mod let me know.

#12 ·
very cool

#18 ·
i think the wheels look fine, i've found that the rocks are not prejudice to black, steel, or "bling" they all get f 'ed up the same, go wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.