: Info about this section - Please Read!

TOYMINATOR
04-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Due to the abundant amount of newbie questions that get asked on a regular basis we have decided to create this new section...mainly for 2 reasons. (1) So our Veteran Members don't have to put up with all the repeated questions and (2) so you newcomers can post without the fear of being flamed for asking repeated or newbie questions.

If you are new to our forum and have questions about your rig or where to find certain parts for your rig we urge you to use the search feature before you start a new thread. Our search feature works very well and chances are you will find the answer you are looking for.

We also want to clarify to you newcomers that this forum is off-road oriented. If you are looking to find out information on how to make your Toyota a more capable off-road rig then you have come to the right place. If you are more into cosmetic appearance modifications, referred to as "bling" by most of our members, don't be surprised at some of the comments you may receive.

Please use this section for all your first time questions before using any of the other sections. This will ensure that your newbie question gets answered.

Also, to our Veteran Members, you are not allowed to flame ANYBODY within this section. It is also not for you to create fake newbie threads because you think it's funny. Failure to comply with this will be harsh. We created this section as many of you were tired of sifting through newbie threads and this is our solution to eliminate the problem for you!

Thanks

ARB1977
04-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Awe shannon that sucks i enjoy reading some of the questions newbies ask but hey rules are rules so they must comply.

TOYMINATOR
04-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Awe shannon that sucks i enjoy reading some of the questions newbies ask but hey rules are rules so they must comply.

If you like reading them then you can certainly help out in this section. We figured that there are a lot of old members out there that don't mind helping out the newbies with some of their questions while keeping these questions out of the Tech sections at the same time. So feel free to lend a newbie a hand in this section!

ARB1977
04-03-2005, 11:02 PM
If you like reading them then you can certainly help out in this section. We figured that there are a lot of old members out there that don't mind helping out the newbies with some of their questions while keeping these questions out of the Tech sections at the same time. So feel free to lend a newbie a hand in this section!
I feel like a newbie already, what i ment to say was i like reading when people flame some of the newbie questions but hey rules are rules. Anything to help a newbie out.

ElBandito
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
(1) So our Veteran Members don't have to put up with all the repeated questions and

THANK YOU!!!! :D

boophoenix
04-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Nice Idea. Hope this helps both sides of the coin out.

Oppositeboy
04-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Thank you Shannon! This should make people on both sideds of the coin happy. :)

Bryanccfshr
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Great Idea shannon. Ditto what littl Brian said.

synovus
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Ditto Bryan's ditto of Brian, Shannon! :)

DesertTRD
04-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Shannon, thank you. now can you move it up to the very top so the newbies will see it when they join? otherwise they will hit the first section they see and post junk still.

Dick Foster
04-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Why Corey? We all know you derive great pleasure out of frying the occasional noobe or two just like I do.

HardTaco
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Shannon, got anymore real estate left on one of your butt cheeks for some more kissing?

Great idea!

Now f only we had a flame wars section...

synovus
04-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Good job to whoever it was that went thru all the sections and moved so many of the newbie threads to this folder! I know that couldn't have been much fun.

DesertTRD
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Shannon, got anymore real estate left on one of your butt cheeks for some more kissing?

Great idea!

Now f only we had a flame wars section...
oh hell yes a flame section would rock, maybe make it a special section where only those who want in can get in, that way ppl dont get buthurt

Mike
04-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Good job to whoever it was that went thru all the sections and moved so many of the newbie threads to this folder! I know that couldn't have been much fun.

No crap. I took a look at it and there were about three threads in there. Came back a little later and it was overflowing! Just hope people don't get offended if their posts ended up here.

Later,
....Mike

TOYMINATOR
04-05-2005, 12:35 AM
oh hell yes a flame section would rock, maybe make it a special section where only those who want in can get in, that way ppl dont get buthurt

<sarcastic>Sure, I'll get right on that!</sarcastic> :rolleyes:

Sam Damage
04-05-2005, 12:56 AM
lets play a drinking game ... anytime you see the words deckplate in this section take a shot :D

after a quick count of just the thread titles i think we should all hide our keys before playing ;)

synovus
04-05-2005, 01:07 AM
No crap. I took a look at it and there were about three threads in there. Came back a little later and it was overflowing! Just hope people don't get offended if their posts ended up here.

They'll get over it. :)

DesertTRD
04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
lets play a drinking game ... anytime you see the words deckplate in this section take a shot :D

after a quick count of just the thread titles i think we should all hide our keys before playing ;)
I got news for you sam, this section was created for people JUST LIKE YOU

Sam Damage
04-05-2005, 01:24 AM
can't a guy make a joke?:D

and i know enough that i never had to ask about the deckplate mod.

now everyone take a drink cause i just said the magic word ... :)

Oppositeboy
04-05-2005, 09:15 AM

Kinda like a secret society thing? Wow!

Damn, I can't believe I had a Creul Intentions moment... :(

ianshoots
05-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Just hope people don't get offended if their posts ended up here.
Later,
....Mike
I had to check, one of mine did.... :xcrybaby:

Oppositeboy
05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
n00b. :D

hrtofdixie toy
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
I didn't see anything about newbies when i entered the site.. i definitely got flamed for asking about suspension lift suggestions.. guess i'm in the right are now

synovus
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I didn't see anything about newbies when i entered the site.. i definitely got flamed for asking about suspension lift suggestions.. guess i'm in the right are now

Hey man, I see you're in AL. Please visit us on the AL chapter forum sometime, and join us for local events. We're planning a ride for later this month. Here's a link to the forum: http://forum.ttora-al.com Hope to see ya over there.

TacoTom
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
the newbie section is nice. after i posted a question about a body lift in the regular tech section, people in the masses felt the need to tear me a new asshole by continously reminding me of my pathetic question. although i did learn, now i do use the search function and i think twice before posting anything.

capanaparo
02-03-2006, 02:33 PM
No problem, will get more familiarized with the site. I am looking to go offroad, have done a lot, but not for a while, thanks again for the information.

Big B
03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey Shannon!!! You talke with me yesterday around 5pm central time. Did you make this site. This is great and alot of stuff. I just called champion toyota and they have a supercharger 7th inj for $1070. Thats killer. I really like turbo tho. Do you think it produces more power or can't you say either way because sponsor. Great sponsor list. I never knew there was this much stuff out there. Brian

cheddarhead
01-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks.

silvertaco02
01-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Ive had this beast for a little while but while warping it to what I want I ran into a prob. With 35 inch tires it rubs like hell and with 2 inch spacers the stock studs wont do up front and I need longer ones. I read a similar thread to this in the other section but it seems like more of a "this could be it" rather than a "this is it." answer. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Dunk
01-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Ive had this beast for a little while but while warping it to what I want I ran into a prob. With 35 inch tires it rubs like hell and with 2 inch spacers the stock studs wont do up front and I need longer ones. I read a similar thread to this in the other section but it seems like more of a "this could be it" rather than a "this is it." answer. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Just so you know.. This is a sticky about this area called "Newbie Tech". Start a new thread in this folder and ask the same question. Youll get more responses Im sure.

purity
05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
maybe lock this thread?