: Newbie Q:

TOYPETE
08-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Everyone, Looks Like A Great Place For Info And Folklore On Toyota's! Could Abyone Help Out With A Q: On A New Tacoma 4x4?
I'm Thinking Of Getting An 07' But Want To Know How It Will Do Off Road. The Guys At The Dealership Had No Idea.

Q:when You Select 4wd (hi Or Lo). Will It Be Fully Locked-can I Do Some Rock Crawling? Or Will I Get Two Wheels In The Air And Start Spining?

Someone Please Help!!

tacundra
08-30-2007, 04:06 PM
The new Tacoma's are very capable. This is NOT a tube chassis rock crawler however.

The TRD OFF-ROAD package comes with a locking rear differential. The front is an open diff. So, you essentially have 3 wheels spinning no matter what when your locked.

Throw a 3" lift and some decent 33's and you will have a pretty damn capable rig. You may want to put some body armor on as well.:2cents:

TOYPETE
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I APPRECIATE THE INPUT. THE MODEL I WAS LOOKING AT DID NOT HAVE THE OFF ROAD PKG. SO THEN I'LL HAVE TWO WHEELS LOCKED EVEN IN 4LO.?:o

Natty G
08-30-2007, 08:24 PM
BEAT UR BITCH THEN GET SOME!:xdevil: :xbeer2: :boobies: :xozzy:

tacundra
08-31-2007, 08:29 AM
I APPRECIATE THE INPUT. THE MODEL I WAS LOOKING AT DID NOT HAVE THE OFF ROAD PKG. SO THEN I'LL HAVE TWO WHEELS LOCKED EVEN IN 4LO.?:o

Yeah, basically, you will have open diffs on both ends. So if you get two wheels in the air. no-go.