: Desoto pics

Mark in Az
09-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Was a pretty good run....Patty only screamed three times :rolleyes:

Here's her picture dump:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2087994296
If you see any you want, email me the numbers for the full size pics

Had 8 trucks total...half tacos, a couple 4Runners and a couple FJCs...Saw a fire, got rained on, ususal stuff for this time of year :p

mikgrail3
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks Mark for putting together a great day! And a special thanks goes out to Patty for the awsome pictures and for the CB entertainment. I spend some time tomorrow looking them over again and let ou know which one's I like copies of.

thenexus
09-02-2007, 12:05 AM
lol. Nice pictures.

I would've join you guys (tagged along with someone) but I spent the day at the grand canyon.

Mikgrail3 how did you 4runner hold up?

RadRyan(Fabwerx)
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
looks like you had fun. wish i could of made it. in-laws are in town. next time...

J.T.054x4Taco
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
who got the flat? did they just break a bead or puncture a side wall? was it the black fj w/the scratch guards?

mikgrail3
09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
lol. Nice pictures.

I would've join you guys (tagged along with someone) but I spent the day at the grand canyon.

Mikgrail3 how did you 4runner hold up?

Besides a little overheating issue on the same hill where the flat occurred, I think the truck handled it all really well. I need to do some wire tracing on the electric fan I have installed to see if there is an override switch somewhere or I'll need to install one. I also found where I need to do some trimming to get the 35's to fit better on full compression. It was a really fun day!!

toynuts
09-02-2007, 12:27 PM
looks like you guys had alot of fun where is that desoto mine can someone post up directions

puulboy
09-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I just want to thank everyone for a great wheeling day. Mark you lead a nice organized caravan. The pace was good, communication was good and all the people were nice. Thank you pucker factor Patty for the awesome pictures. I look forward to wheeling with all of you again
Thanks
Don

Mark in Az
09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
who got the flat? did they just break a bead or puncture a side wall? was it the black fj w/the scratch guards?
Yep, the black FJ punctured a sidewall on one of the uphill climbs.

looks like you guys had alot of fun where is that desoto mine can someone post up directions
There's another Desoto run coming up soon:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79115
If that doesn't work for you, it would be best to get the Wells book (page 141) and a GPS

Thank you pucker factor Patty for the awesome pictures.
Patty enjoyed taking all the pics, and it was easy leading a good group of wheelers :thumbs:

T0R3D
09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
those are some nice pics. Hopefully I will have my sliders and lockers in, and my front end fixed soon so I can head out with you guys next time :)

fourbychef
09-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Great Photos, I remember the last time I went on that trail, it was quite a hair-raising experience, getting that flat trying to escape the immpending storm, trying to climb up a knarly ledgy ascent, as it poured rain down on me trying to set up my highlift in that muck on the side of that mountain and Crawler coming back down the slop to save me :)
You have a super swell supercharged stepside Sac MArk :)
K-ton

SuprWhiteTRD
09-03-2007, 01:45 AM
I had a great time out there this weekend. I particularly enjoyed the steep ascents. Mark did a great job leading & spotting & Patty gets props on all the cool pics. I'm looking forward to the next outing.

mikgrail3
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Here are a few of the pictures I was able to get. My 3 year old took a couple of them:

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/mikgrail3/Desoto%20Mine%20Sep%2007/

Mark in Az
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Great Photos, I remember the last time I went on that trail, it was quite a hair-raising experience, getting that flat trying to escape the immpending storm, trying to climb up a knarly ledgy ascent, as it poured rain down on me trying to set up my highlift in that muck on the side of that mountain and Crawler coming back down the slop to save me :)
You have a super swell supercharged stepside Sac MArk :)
K-ton

Thanks K-ton, I remember being leary of running this after reading about your trip :)

MerMan
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
looks like fun.