TTORA Forum banner

86' LJ 70 2.4 Diesel Questions

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  darwink1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, i'm looking at buying an 1986 LJ 70 2.4 diesel. It's got coils on all 4 corners, manual hubs, 215,000 km, raised roof, and a 2 inch lift. no factory lockers. guy said there is no rust. it is the short jeep sized BJ lookin body. dude wantr 8900$ cdn for it.

i would have to drive 7 hrs just to look at it and would like to be armed w all of the information i can get my hands on, like what to look for and any problems inherrent to that year and model.

heres a pic. also posted on ih8mud.

See less See more
#2 ·
lj70

Looks like it must be a euro-spec lj70 as it is LHD and lj's werent available in Can. Look for rust!

Hey, i'm looking at buying an 1986 LJ 70 2.4 diesel. It's got coils on all 4 corners, manual hubs, 215,000 km, raised roof, and a 2 inch lift. no factory lockers. guy said there is no rust. it is the short jeep sized BJ lookin body. dude wantr 8900$ cdn for it.

i would have to drive 7 hrs just to look at it and would like to be armed w all of the information i can get my hands on, like what to look for and any problems inherrent to that year and model.

heres a pic. also posted on ih8mud.

#3 ·
meh got bad reviews on that engine on ih8mud. also theseller seems shifty. its from greenland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.