: Setina Push Bumpers

Sam Damage
04-11-2005, 01:33 AM
I found out about this company through Makezine and it looks pretty promising ... appears to offer actual front end protection ... which according to a lot posts i've read about grille guards is a problem. I'm not sure what the price is but i think i will call them tomorrow. Kinda curious what you all think.

http://www.setina.com/bump_PB400.php

Antirhion
04-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I got a waag center guard and welded it to my frame. although the cross bars don't feel like much, the main two vertical pieces are real solid. Also, the waag isn't really considered heavy duty at all. If you want something that will really give 'em hell, put an ARB bumper on that baby, then you'll be able to hit and tree and win (well maybe not, but almost). Not sure if that's what you were lookin for.

synovus
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
I found out about this company through Makezine and it looks pretty promising ... appears to offer actual front end protection ... which according to a lot posts i've read about grille guards is a problem. I'm not sure what the price is but i think i will call them tomorrow. Kinda curious what you all think.

I think there's not enough info to make any judgements about it. No info on materials used. No info on mounting points. No info on whether it is available for a Tacoma (site says "Available for most domestic cars, trucks, and SUV's."). All I gather from their site is that it's been tested on state, county, and city police vehicles; says nothing about how well they fared in those tests. Price is another question I have.

99TanTaco
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
their site doesn't give you wall thickness on the materials used, also since you live in ohio (lots of roadsalt) you may want to find out if they have a corrosion warranty. I discovered this the hard way, I lost a grill gaurd and a set of stepbars over the course of 2 winters, but if there decently thick and not priced too high go for it