: Place that does lifts near West LA

RaGu
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm a total noob to all of this, but wanted to get a slight lift (1-2 inches) on my truck. The tires I got are a bit too big and scrape the sides when I turn. Does anybody know a location near West Los Angeles that does lifts and such?

Thanks.

miguelitro
10-17-2007, 12:15 PM
isnt west LA where all the fags are????:D
what kind of lift are you looking for?
if you have the coin for some saws they are held in by 4 bolts and can be mounted(but no the west LA way) in an hour easy in your driveway or the parking lot at 7-11
that will help us let you know.

miguelitro
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
just reread what you wrote- it scrapes the sides as in the sides of the frame??? cuz for that you would need new rims with different back spacing or some small wheel spacers...

RaGu
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, the back of the tire scrapes the back of the wheel well. Would some small spacers help there and is that something I could do myself?

ShowStop
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
What type of vehicle do you have and what kind of lift do you plan on installing?

RaGu
10-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4 with TRD package.

RaGu
10-17-2007, 12:47 PM
What type of vehicle do you have and what kind of lift do you plan on installing?
I'm not sure what type of lift I want yet. Once I find a place that can do it, I'm going to see what they carry and go from there. If I can save the cash and just do this with spacers, I may put off the lift for a while. But I can't really say I know how spacers work!

miguelitro
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the back of the tire scrapes the back of the wheel well. Would some small spacers help there and is that something I could do myself?

oh, you need to remove the inner fender liner and pound down the pinch weld and see if that gives you enough clearence.

search pinch weld here and you should find some info
and what size tires and stock rims or not?

RaGu
10-17-2007, 03:39 PM
oh, you need to remove the inner fender liner and pound down the pinch weld and see if that gives you enough clearence.

search pinch weld here and you should find some info
and what size tires and stock rims or not?

That's not a bad idea. It needs minimal clearance. Any reason NOT to do this?

I have stock rims and the tires are BFG AT K/O, I want to say they're 285/75R16, but not 100% sure.

miguelitro
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
the only reason not to do "the pinch weld mod" is that it could rust as the primer will crack as you pound it down so be sure to do a couple coats of paint.

good luck
Mike