: Rear brake replacement...

Vionts
10-23-2007, 09:26 PM
When do the rear brakes usually need new pads /drums turned on the Tacoma's uner average driving/abuse?

ziggy428
10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I've gotten new front pads 3 times. last time I was in they looked at the back and told me I had 70% acceptable wear remaining which was at 100,000 miles. I don't do lots of towing but do frequently drive in the mountains. I'd expect only once or twice during the lifetime of your truck.

TowerRigger
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Back in Auto slow tech a decade ago. The Intro to Automotive Technology book said every third front you should do or at least check the rear. Unless you are like me and come home from a friends house in a state that might invole 3 sheets, and forget to take the E brake off the whole way home.:doh:

Vionts
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Back in Auto slow tech a decade ago. The Intro to Automotive Technology book said every third front you should do or at least check the rear. Unless you are like me and come home from a friends house in a state that might invole 3 sheets, and forget to take the E brake off the whole way home.:doh:

HAHA, I have done that before for a few seconds and then realized I was being really stupid. My truck has 115,000 on it and I have only replaced the front pads once so far, nothing on the rear. Guess i'll wait a while!!!

TowerRigger
10-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Are insinuating that I am really stupid?:D