: The pop is back!

vwfastg60
10-29-2007, 04:59 AM
So i have had this pop in my steering for a while. After the wheelbearings and cv's were replaced it went away. I usually think its the Idler arm but its not cause its good and new again. I tried jacking it up to see cause it shows faster that way.

Its coming from the front passenger side and my hub is kinda stiff over there. It does it in 2 and 4wd and i notice it if im stopped or slowly moving and turning or backing out of my driveway then turning. I notice it when im driving over a bumpy road or when im turning next to cars or something.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe the bolt on the wheel bearing has backed off some. I used to see this on VW's alot and wonder if it happened on the truck. All my relay rods are new pitman arms new stabalizer is new now all bearings and cv's. Hubs are original but still work great its just that passenger side in the cold is kinda stiff....I can deal with it. I went through the front and tightened everything and even straightened that rear brace between the arms from when i fell on it. The diff is tight and the crossmember didnt brake again...balljoints are new. I hope this is an easy fix cause i just got caught back up on money with the truck and about to buy my timing chain and headgasket stuff and dont want to hear either noise anymore.

Any ideas would be great.

vwfastg60
10-30-2007, 05:45 AM
:(

Truck goes clunky clunky.

Lysmachia
10-30-2007, 09:20 PM
If it's not one thing with lexi it's another.... LOL. Kinda like Tippy!

vwfastg60
10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Shes like the other girls in my life...mad about everything!!!