: Need an air filter?

hawkonthewing
11-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I've got a couple of new Toyota air filters hanging in my garage. They don't fit the 3rd Gen 4Runner I sold last year. They must be for the last 2nd Gen 4Runner I had. They are circular in shape and the part number is 17801-70020-83. FA-8 also shows up on the box in a couple of places.

Please take these off my hands for the cost of shipping or pick them up in Glenwood. I guess I could bring them to a Wrench-a-thon, if I make it.

RedRunnertc
11-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Dibs!

(Assuming they fit my truck, which it sounds like they do)

hawkonthewing
11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Dibs!

(Assuming they fit my truck, which it sounds like they do)Ok, Cool. I had a '93' with a 4 banger and then a '95' with a 6. They must be for the '95'. I lost track. I should be able to get them to you one of these days unless you want me to ship them.

Lysmachia
11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
If you have dibs I want the other one!!!

We can pay for shipping no problem!

hawkonthewing
11-06-2007, 11:17 PM
If you have dibs I want the other one!!!

Wait a minute - not so fast. I said a couple of filters and Troy said "Dibs". That would seem to be a proper dib which would give him both filters. But, maybe you are saying he should have dibed each seperatly as in "Dib, Dib". But then is "Dibs" plural? I dunno, does anyone know the official rules of dibing? We need a judge.

Or, folks, I could put the filters in their Christmas pinata and let them get down and dirty for their trucks. I always wonder who has the advantage - the one with the club or the one waiting without the blindfold on. I'ld give Molly 4 to 1 if she has the club even if she's using one hand to get the blindfold off. Filters don't bounce very far and I figure she could keep 'em covered for long enough to do the job.

In any case, I'll be in Denver or Brighton in two weeks and I know where the filters need to go.