: upper woody

tufftoy
11-19-2007, 07:03 PM
went out with a friend and some other jeepers got my revenge on the firehole here is a picture and a vid link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FObvgxWD8mk

Spinnas
11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Nice, but I have a little tip for you. In the video when people are telling you to turn driver, you should have stayed straight, if not turned a little passenger to get yout passenger front tire to ride a 4-6" wide little ledge that sticks out. It makes it so the drop off doesn't hang your slider and pivot you in like it did. Also gets your rear tires higher before the front drops off. You can tip quite a bit driver and it seems wrong, but once I got my tire on that little ledge, I made it. And approaching it from the slight angle is good, might want to try a little bit more. I approaches from almost a 45 from the passenger side when I finally got it. The yellow "shape" is where you want your passenger tire to hit. As you can see, I didn't get there and this was an unsuccessful attempt. For a reference to compare our tire to tire measurement and where the driver's side tire ends up in this, I was ~69-70" overall. The problem I found was with my open diffs, When I went that much more passenger, the driver's side kinda fell into that hole so I had to bump it right before I got there. With your lockers, should be able to walk that line.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/Ridinspinnas/Random/Firehole.jpg

BOVADS
11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
so whats harder, fire hole or spider hole?:dunno:

Spinnas
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM
so whats harder, fire hole or spider hole?:dunno:

LOL, I'm gonna guess Spider. I need some gears and sticky's and I'm down for this Spider Hole:D

tufftoy
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
spiderhole? where it b?

Spinnas
11-19-2007, 10:36 PM
spiderhole? where it b?

Don't worry about that:D I want to see pics/video of a CLEAN run though the Firehole:saw: :welder:

tufftoy
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
yes sir ill get on that. taking your advice next time.

Spinnas
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
yes sir ill get on that. taking your advice next time.

:kewl:

Kaistie
11-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Spiderhole should be renamed Starfish-hole becasue of the reaction you get when you see it:eek:

padesertboy
11-20-2007, 08:13 AM
"Nice, but I have a little tip for you. In the video when people are telling you to turn driver, you should have stayed straight, if not turned a little passenger to get yout passenger front tire to ride a 4-6" wide little ledge that sticks out. It makes it so the drop off doesn't hang your slider and pivot you in like it did. Also gets your rear tires higher before the front drops off. You can tip quite a bit driver and it seems wrong, but once I got my tire on that little ledge, I made it. And approaching it from the slight angle is good, might want to try a little bit more. I approaches from almost a 45 from the passenger side when I finally got it. The yellow "shape" is where you want your passenger tire to hit. As you can see, I didn't get there and this was an unsuccessful attempt. For a reference to compare our tire to tire measurement and where the driver's side tire ends up in this, I was ~69-70" overall. The problem I found was with my open diffs, When I went that much more passenger, the driver's side kinda fell into that hole so I had to bump it right before I got there. With your lockers, should be able to walk that line. "

Yes! It`s hard to explain..but I gotcha. Should have stayed straight, or maybe he wasn`t lined up properly-the front always goes easy, it`s the back tire positioning that makes or breaks ya. I fell in 2 times:rolleyes:, but drove out once:D.

padesertboy
11-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Spiderhole should be renamed Starfish-hole becasue of the reaction you get when you see it:eek:

LOL, I`m in!

BOVADS
11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
pics and video dont do spider hole justice. also unless you can front dig/drive only, not sure how it would work. there was one buggy that did a clean non-stopping drive thru spider hole, but he had 4 wheel steer and portals:eek:
anybody besides symon know how spider hole got its name?

Symon623
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
ooooh, ooooh, oooh......

the spider hole is 100 times tougher than firehole, i've done firehole, it's cheese. I think even if the firehole was wet it still migh tbe easier than spiderhole. UNLESS you have rear steer and sticky tires..