: Hello Evansville!

Fuod
11-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll be moving to Evansville mid December and was wondering if we have any other members down there?

If so, is there anywhere to wheel? Can you recommend a nice apt complex that I can live in until I find a house? Can I move in with you? Do you have beer?

Thanks,
D_C

Bear
11-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Oh––kay!

showing my Texan again here, but how far is Evansville from Indy?:o

I am guessing you need some help moving? Let us know the details and we will try and get a "move-a_thon" up for you!

(and why are you worried about if there is any wheel'n down there…we all know you are not much more than a web wheeler anyway :p)

Fuod
11-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Evansville is about 3.5 hours south of Indy (south western tip of Indiana). I don't think I'll need any help, and I wouldn't make anyone drive that far anyway. I'm getting a U-Haul.

Web wheeler huh? Yeah, I guess I deserve that... I will eventually get back into the spirit, it's just going to take a little more time.

Bear
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I am just teasing you a bit because I can. As you know we don't have any "requirements" on how much members wheel or in your case don't :D

It's all good,
But if you need help, let me know!

Fuod
11-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I know your kidding... :flipoff1: But I do plan on actually taking my rig on a run sometime. The good part is I'll be living just on this side of the river, so I'll have the ability to go on KY runs also! I'll have twice as many chances as you 'central Indiana' geeks... :neener:

Hmm, I wonder how well a 17ft U-Haul truck would do off-road... :missingto

Fuod
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, I made it to evansville in one piece (barely). Weather wasn't too bad once we got south of Indy, mostly light rain the rest of the way down.

Had 4 people helping me, got the truck loaded in a couple hours, then started our journey with a 17ft Uhaul pulling a trailer with my Tacoma on it (was cheaper to rent the car carrier then pay gas to drive the Taco down).

On 465 West we had just gone under the Springmill Road bridge running about 51 mph and the moving truck started swaying from side to side bad enough that the wheels were probably on the verge of coming off the ground. :eek: We were almost throwed around in the cab (had to hang on tight to the wheel). I looked in my mirror and the trailer was bouncing back and forth about 3 or 4 feet each way... Talk about scary... So the rest of the trip down we tried to keep it at 45 mph, each time we exceeded that the swaying would start again... I won't go into how only the front brakes on the UHaul worked, and the bald front tires, and how it wouldn't stop for anything in the snow, and how the trailer didn't have brakes, and all that junk...

Anyway, I'm here and I need beer... Anyone know what KY's law is on beer sales on Sunday? Couldn't buy last night and I was hurting! I'm only 5 minutes from the river...

Geez, that's a lot of typing... I'm getting as bad as Bear... :D

Bear
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
yea! but it probably took you three times as long to type it as well! :flipoff3:

you had the Uhaul truck loaded down too much! too much weight and the suspension could not recoil as it was designed to do! glad you made it down okay, and just because you are from South Indiana, doesn't mean you know the proper usuage of the word Y'all! :D

Hoss
12-26-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm in Henderson, right on the river, so we're about 10 miles or less from eachother.

Hi, neighbor.:xbeer1:

No beer on Sunday in Henderson. I was thinking they sold on Sunday in E-Ville, though. I lived in E-ville around 2000 and used to frequent the Apollo Liquors right there in front of Kenny Kent Toyota on the Lloyd Expy.

Close wheeling options are limited to Turkey Bay and Interlake Properties. However, there is some land in Henderson that has been given to the county by the coal company that reclaimed it. (Virginia Coal co, or something like that). Anyway, there are supposedly 1500 acres back there to ride on. It is open to ride with a permit ($25) but finding the office of those that control it and catching someone there are different stories. I have a permit to ride out there, so, one of these days when I get my bumper (finally), hit me up and I'll take you out there. It's nothing spectacular, but it is a place to ride.

The city is trying to decide what to do with the land, and one of their options is to turn it into a full-blown OHV park. There are interest groups of all types fighting it out right now. The Henderson off-road club is called Bluegrass 4x4, and they are leading the way in the fight for that park in our sport's name. I am a member, so if you want to join the good fight, just hit me up and I will direct you to the next meeting.

Fuod
12-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Whoo Hoo!! :kewl: Finally there's someone else down here!

Indiana doesn't do carry out alcohol sales on Sunday, but my brothers wife swears that Henderson does... :confused: Geesh, this is getting confusing now.. lol

Anyway, thanks for the info! Can you recommend any nice clean camp grounds? I'm giving up a membership I have at a club up north because it's too long of a drive now.

Thanks!

Hoss
12-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Not sure what type of activities you're looking for, but Audubon State park is clean.

Turkey Bay and LBL (land between the lakes) offer several areas to camp, too.

Bear
12-27-2007, 07:03 PM
How is the wheel'n at either turkey bay and LBL? I have heard mixed reviews but mostly hear say...would like to get a definitive answer on either.

Grant
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Welcome to evansville. I live on the far north side and know of a place or 2 to wheel that are close if you just want to get out for a few hours.

The only campground I can think of is bluegrass on Boonville-NewHarmony Rd. just east of 164. There are places to wheel just east of that.

Fuod
12-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Welcome to evansville. I live on the far north side and know of a place or 2 to wheel that are close if you just want to get out for a few hours.

The only campground I can think of is bluegrass on Boonville-NewHarmony Rd. just east of 164. There are places to wheel just east of that.

Cool! Can you recommend any good repair shops in the area for my Toy, or should I just stick with the stealership? I need an alignment, but maybe I should get her muddy before getting her fixed... Hmm... It is the weekend... :driving:

Oh, btw, I'm near Washington and 41.

Grant
12-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Art's alignment is supost to be good. Another camping place is Scale's lake in Boonville.

It might be a month or so before I can go wheelin but when I do your welcome to go. My Tacoma stuff is going in the for sale section if you need anything. I bought a 85 runner.

daniel240
02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Im from Evansville and I know of a few places just northeast of evansville to go wheeling. We should all get together and go now that its beginning to warm up a bit.

Grant
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I was starting to think this was a Indy forum.

Daniel240 let me know when you want to go I'll try to get my ride ready :saw: :welder: .

What kind of rig and what kind of wheelin do you like to do?

Bear
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Daniel240 let me know when you want to go I'll try to get my ride ready :saw: :welder: .

Indy? I was beginning to think it was a Lafayette forum :D

So where have you been? I haven't seen you on the boards very much especially as of late.

Any chance we can get you on a run or at least to a meeting? we are having a wrench a thon at the end of March if you need anything done to the truck or want to come meet and hang out.

Grant
02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I've been working on this when not fighting the flu. Still need to mount the steering box and take care of the brake lines. It's a 85 efi .
Where is the wrenchathon going to be?

Fuod
02-28-2008, 07:40 PM

I'd be up for that as long as it's not too far away, but I may not do too much wheeling (can't afford any fixes right now). Watching or spotting can be just as much fun.

I'm fully stock except for a chrome oil filler cap, so that makes me about equal to a fully SAS'd rig... Right? :D :lmao:

Bear
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey now! that looks like it will work.;) I am liking what I am seeing! I would really like it if you were able to start making some of our runs.

Have you been keeping up with the Take Over talks? that will be a good run to make if a person had to be selective on the runs they attend.

the W.A.T is going to be near Greenfield. There is a thread on it in the events folder. Pm Jeep Crasher for details and driving directions if you are interested in attending.

Bear
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Joe!

wait for it

wait a little longer

Oh! here it comes, wait, wait

:flipoff2: that little "stocker" of yours is beginning to look more and more like a nice LITTLE ramp!

Grant
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Drunken Cricket my old man emu front lift shocks and springs are on ebay if you want to take care of that little problem you have.

Bear
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Drunken Cricket my old man emo front lift shocks and springs are on ebay if you want to take care of that little problem you have.

Old man Emo front shocks :confused: So what do they do? cut their shafts with razors and cry all the time? ;)

Hoss
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Old man Emo front shocks :confused: So what do they do? cut their shafts with razors and cry all the time? ;)

Old Man Emo
http://www.hardgeus.com/updateimages/emo_philips_old.jpg

Grant
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Emo what are you taking about it's emu.

Fuod
02-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Drunken Cricket my old man emu front lift shocks and springs are on ebay if you want to take care of that little problem you have.

So, your saying they'll take care of Bear once and for all? :lmao: :D

Bear
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
ha ha! Yea I know it is emu!

I should have quoted your post to keep the typo running.:D

Bear
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
:redx:

Bear
02-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I am beginning to understand that I am your worst nightmare!:xdevil:

Fuod
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Can we take this post anymore off topic???

Texas sucks!

Bear
02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Can we take this post anymore off topic???

Texas sucks!

Oh yea! it can always get further and further off topic! like the great state of Texas it could be expansive!:flipoff2:

but to steer back to the "Midwest" some, Grant you mentioned that there was some spots to wheel at down there, enough for a chapter run?

daniel240
02-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Weekends are ushually best for me. I have an 07 tacoma reg. cab 4x4 with a small lift and 32's. My email is: daniel240sx@hotmail.com

daniel240
02-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I'd be up for that as long as it's not too far away, but I may not do too much wheeling (can't afford any fixes right now). Watching or spotting can be just as much fun.

I'm fully stock except for a chrome oil filler cap, so that makes me about equal to a fully SAS'd rig... Right? :D :lmao:

The places I go are not far away, maybe 20min from Evansville. And my truck is pretty mush stock as well.

Hoss
02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Weekends are ushually best for me. I have an 07 tacoma reg. cab 4x4 with a small lift and 32's. My email is: daniel240sx@hotmail.com

I'm down. I'm not free every weekend, but with a little warning I can be free most. I'm in Henderson.

BTW- is your truck white? And would I have seen you a few times on 41 near the twin bridges? Especially during the construction/painting?

Grant
02-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh yea! it can always get further and further off topic! like the great state of Texas it could be expansive!:flipoff2:

but to steer back to the "Midwest" some, Grant you mentioned that there was some spots to wheel at down there, enough for a chapter run?

No, nothing real worth a 4 hour drive. Daniel what do you think? Do you know of a place?

And I've only got 33's so I'm not far from stock. Now who's coming over to help me finish the runner.

daniel240
03-03-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm down. I'm not free every weekend, but with a little warning I can be free most. I'm in Henderson.

BTW- is your truck white? And would I have seen you a few times on 41 near the twin bridges? Especially during the construction/painting?

Nope, mines radiant red. I have only seen a few new reg. cabs around town. Im free pretty much every weekend so just let me know a time that works best for you all.

Fuod
03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Anyone come up with a date we can do some local (Evansville) wheeling yet?

Hell, anyone up for a beer some time? I'm still new down here and I need to get out and do something... I think I'm going a little crazy... :aahg:

Bear
03-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Anyone come up with a date we can do some local (Evansville) wheeling yet?

Hell, anyone up for a beer some time? I'm still new down here and I need to get out and do something... I think I'm going a little crazy... :aahg:

GOING?????:confused:

and I would have figured they had a mall for you to trail run at, Guess Evansville is smaller than I thought.:D

Fuod
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
and I would have figured they had a mall for you to trail run at, Guess Evansville is smaller than I thought.:D
Oh, there are plenty of malls for me to wheel at! But there are only so many snow piles and parking curbs one can run over before wanting something different...

Then again, it's not really in my nature to do much of that. I don't like to show off or draw too much attention to myself by being all flashy like some people... Oh that reminds me, do you think your sig big enough yet? :flipoff3:

Bear
03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
The size of the sig is in relationship to the amount of importance the issue is! LOL

there are a few others on the national board, with the same if not larger messages in their sigs as well.

did you click on the link in it? If not do so and read up on the cause. In fact I was going to post up later today bout it all!

Oh and if I had your low rider, I wouldn't want to draw attention to it either! :bitchslap :D

Hopefully by next week, you will be able to hear me coming before you actually see me!;)

Fuod
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Hopefully by next week, you will be able to hear me coming before you actually see me!;)
Well, we can already smell you in advance... :xmoon:

I'll check the link out...

Hoss
03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm up for going next weekend. It's supposed to be up near 60*. We'll need Daniel and Grant to go with us, though, b/c the only place I know to wheel around here is the old Reynolds mine property outside of Henderson, but you have to have a permit to ride there.

Fuod
03-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm good with next weekend!

This won't be my first wheelin' trip, but it will be my first with other club members. We need to get pics for proof so Bear will have one less thing to make fun of me about... :D

Bear
03-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I am sure the type of obsticles you approach vs. the one's you bypass will still have comical value :p

twentyfootdaredevil
03-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Where are you guys going? Chicken Joe's?

I was told by a CO that you can ride the goat trail there will be some fun obstacles around there.

If you want other places to wheel give me a shout......most of it you have to be real carefull you really need to know the property lines to stay quasi legal.

Fuod
03-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I am sure the type of obsticles you approach vs. the one's you bypass will still have comical value :p
I'm not speaking for the other guys, but for myself... Your probably right... :)

Bear
03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
has nothing to do with how much your rig is built up, or in you case not built up.

When my truck was stock I was keeping up with others with lifts and lockers :D

But then everyone started running for cover as I came up the obstacles so I began putting the needed equipment on to go up nice and slow!

I never intended to build my truck up the way it has evolved, it just kinda mutated into what it is today :o

(and no, I am not knocking you for your truck or your wheel'n. Just joking around as usual)

besides if I don't stop adding stuff to my truck I am going to need a jet motor to get it to move! :mad: I am in the middle of adding about another 100 lbs to it this weekend. I NEED TO PUT THE TRUCK ON A DIET! (along with myself :D )

daniel240
03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Next weekend should be good for me as well. So does Saturday or Sunday work better for you all?

Hoss
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
This coming weekend, right? The 14th and 15th?

I'm free both days. Just tell me when and where to meet you guys.

Fuod
03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
This coming weekend, right? The 14th and 15th?

I'm free both days. Just tell me when and where to meet you guys.

Same here, seeing as I'm not from around here. :D

Fuod
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Great, it's supposed to rain Friday and Saturday and I'm not available on Sunday. I have no idea where we are going but I'm guessing it's going to be all mud... Bummer!

Bear
03-12-2008, 09:58 AM
quit your fretting, the rain will only wash away any road salt that is left in the mall parking lot for you!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Fuod
03-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, thats great...

You know, those mall jokes just never get old do they? I could laugh at those all day... :banghead:

Bear
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
but you just keep leaving the "door" so wide open! :D

Hoss
03-12-2008, 11:35 AM
It'll be muddy either way. The ground is saturated from all the rain and snow and the river is as swollen as I have seen it in a long time from the thaw.

Fuod
03-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Theres mud and then theres muck... Judging by the amount of rain we have today I'm not sure I want to bury my rig.

If you guys still go I'll probably show up to watch and take some pictures.

Bear
03-14-2008, 10:24 AM
discretion is the better part of valor! If I remember right your truck has A/T's on it if that much, correct? if you guys have had as much wet stuff as we have had up here. You would be continually practicing your recovery skills. Probably a good idea to stay out of it this weekend, even though Hoss does have his winch.

besides Mud is Evil! it loves to eat Taco alternators that are not cheap these days!

:clap: a wise decision!

See I can refrain from the mall Jokes! I have not even mention Tejas in a week or so, just for you ;)

Hoss
03-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Theres mud and then theres muck... Judging by the amount of rain we have today I'm not sure I want to bury my rig.

If you guys still go I'll probably show up to watch and take some pictures.

Nobody has said anything yet about a meeting time/place and I'm sure the ground conditions are the reason. You'd be asking for trouble in just about any rig.

Seriously, man. Drive down to the river and check it out. It hasn't been this high since the winter storm of death in the early 90's when we got 2 feet of snow or whatever it was.

I have no desire to spend a day digging my truck out of slop either.

Bear
03-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Nobody has said anything yet about a meeting time/place and I'm sure the ground conditions are the reason. You'd be asking for trouble in just about any rig. …

I have no desire to spend a day digging my truck out of slop either.

You have never seen my truck actually "dig" through mud (I have typically broken before we have gotten to the mucky stuff when I have been with you :o )

But in the following pictures, I actually had water/mud come over my hood…and I made it out

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/Bear4x4/BEARATTACK%20images/47b7d735b3127ccebc1e4183fad70000003.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/Bear4x4/47b7d735b3127cce98548a0f3b800000004.jpg
my wife in the background "spotting" is on solid ground to illustrate
how deep the hole was
funny thing…she got out of the truck to stay
dry, but she did not account on the wave I forced out of the hole

so I am not quite sure about your comment about "any rig" :D

jeep crasher
03-14-2008, 02:31 PM
You have never seen my truck actually "dig" through mud (I have typically broken before we have gotten to the mucky stuff when I have been with you :o )

But in the following pictures, I actually had water/mud come over my hood…and I made it out

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/Bear4x4/BEARATTACK%20images/47b7d735b3127ccebc1e4183fad70000003.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/Bear4x4/47b7d735b3127cce98548a0f3b800000004.jpg
my wife in the background "spotting" is on solid ground to illustrate
how deep the hole was
funny thing…she got out of the truck to stay
dry, but she did not account on the wave I forced out of the hole

so I am not quite sure about your comment about "any rig" :D

Now would anyone like to hear what needed to be fixed after coming out of that hole?

jc
:wiggle:

Bear
03-14-2008, 02:37 PM
just a ujoint strap off the front driveshaft! Point being is my truck made it threw and without swamping, flooding or spinning the wheels!

Just like the time we were at the badlands and I got into all that swampy crap back in there behind the orange trails and had to turn around. I got stuck for all of 30 seconds until i was able to turn on the air compressor and front locker!

:xofftopic I forgot Chris was going out of town, went by the shop this morning and no seal housing! :mad:

but I did just order my trans brake and brackets for the rear! Just need the coil overs, shock hoops primary coil springs and the joints.

Oh yea! and I wish I had a table saw! :o (and you know why!)
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Fuod
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Seriously, man. Drive down to the river and check it out. It hasn't been this high since the winter storm of death in the early 90's when we got 2 feet of snow or whatever it was.Yeah, I've noticed that! They had to change the entrance on the casino because the boat is sitting so much higher then normal.

I drive down Waterworks road every now and then just to play in the water. But the damn city ruins it by closing the flood gates! Bastards!

daniel240
03-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I was down there on monday and I couldnt believe how high it was. I saw a truck stuck on an island out by the river camps. So I take it we are not going this weekend. Thats fine with me, I have a boat motor to work on anyway and the places I know of to go wheeling would be muddy as hell. The forcast for next week doesnt look too good either, looks like theres still a lot of rain coming.

Hoss
03-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, b/c of the damned tornado last night in ATL, I've got 2 UK basketball games to watch today, so I guess it's a good thing we didn't go.

Water Works was flooded up to road sign level when I went over the bridge on Tuesday and it had only dropped a couple of feet when I crossed agin on Thursday. Crazy high. It was almost over the flood mounds at Ellis Park, and those things were built for "worse case scenario" to protect that track and the horses b/c of the high water damage caused by the winter storm of death in 93.

Fuod
03-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Here's an interesting link showing the river status...

National Weather Service (http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=pah&gage=evvi3&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6)

Looks like this past thursday we were only 2/3 of an inch away from the flood stage...

Driver12518
03-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Home base is out of the 'ville for me, but now I'm in Terre Haute. If you all get something going this summer chat it up on the site or something and I might be able to tag along.

Fuod
03-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Home base is out of the 'ville for me, but now I'm in Terre Haute.In case you forgot you might want to change your location in your profile. Also, let bear know if he needs to change your contact info. :kewl:

Driver12518
03-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Home is still Evansville, but school is the Haute. There's no way I'm saying I'm a Hautian. haha

Fuod
03-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Home is still Evansville, but school is the Haute. There's no way I'm saying I'm a Hautian. haha
Oh I understand, I went to ISU back in the late 80's and it stunk like hell...

Which reminds me of a story about a whore that.... Never mind, nobody want's to hear this one...

Fuod
03-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I went down to check out Water Works Road and got a couple pictures... These would have been better if my battery wasn't dead. I had to turn on the camera, take the pic and turn it back off before the battery died... I was only able to get two pics...

Road Closed!
http://www.itzoe.net/joe/images/flood1.jpg

A little too deep!
http://www.itzoe.net/joe/images/flood2.jpg

I might try to get more pics tomorrow... We're supposed to have a bunch of rain over the next week, so this could get interesting!

Robertocritser
10-11-2012, 05:04 AM
New guy in the evansville area (henderson actually), buddy of mine mentioned the site and I figured I'd see if any of you guys were still in the area

Bear
10-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Welcome to our little slice of cyber space! I k ow duos is still down in Evansville but I am not sure how much our other members that was down there still frequent this forum.

Mark, who spent a brief time down there moved back up to the Chicago/Gary area. Redbird runner is still down there nut currently minus a rig.

But we still have a trail that we adopted at red bird park & we need to get together real soon to do some maintenance on her so hopefully we'll get at least a small group together before the end of the month.

Feel free to check the boards and join us on any of the threads. The few that are on here will try to make you feel at home! Why don't you go to the general topic/discussion folder and introduce yourself. That way we can learn a bit about you & your rig and we can give you a proper welcome.

But again good to have you and welcome aboard

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Where is red bird park? Also saw a red 1st gen the other night by the Walmart off covert. Had a big ttora decal. Any idea whose truck it is?

Bear
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
It would be better if someone else gave you directions to red bird or for you to google it as I am not at all familiar with evensville Area.

The truck you described was proabably fuod. Which is good to hear as he has been Mia for a little while now

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Hmm I guess I'll ask hoss to take me there one day

Bear
10-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I figured you were referred by hoss! How's he been? Tell him I said hello when you talk to him.

Wish I could be more help regarding where red bird is to you but I would just be speaking out my ass if I said anything! Lol

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Hoss is good, ran into him the other day, but I've been trying to get a hold of him for some help but I can never seem to catch him when I see his truck haha

Fuod
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Where is red bird park? Also saw a red 1st gen the other night by the Walmart off covert. Had a big ttora decal. Any idea whose truck it is?
The truck you described was proabably fuod. Which is good to hear as he has been Mia for a little while now

Not me since I never got my TTORA sticker. :p Besides, I stay as far away from walmarts as I can. :D

Welcome to TTORA Robertocritser, it's always good to have more people around! Redbird is a great park to wheel since it really covers all styles pretty well. It's located a couple miles from Dugger, Indiana (website (http://www.redbirdsra.com)), and the GPS coordinates for the entrance are 39.074505, -87.227702.

They're having their annual haunted ride the 27th and 28th this month, I've never been to this event but I've heard it's a blast.

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 10:15 AM
If I'm in town I will have to check that out! Unfortunately I travel a lot for work painting watertanks...

You might have seen me around evansville foud, 2nd gen silver double cab long bed with stupids 20s on it :( but my new rims just came in today so now ill be running 16s

Fuod
10-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't remember that specifically, but there seem to be a lot more Tacomas down here then there used to be.

I'm on the north side near Diamond and First Ave, and I don't usually stray to far from this area. I have a red '04 X-Cab and the only real distinguishing features are the shitty brush guard on the front and a green VHS sticker on the rear window.

BTW, why the 20's? Did you buy it with them or put them on yourself?

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
When I graduated highschool I decided I wanted to build a show truck like a lot of my friends trucks. Then I started using my truck for work, and it's beat to hell now so I figured what the hell... Ill turn it into an offroad truck. So I bought a better lift got rid of the 20s for 16s, building some skid plates, got a hybrid front bumper, still have quite a bit left to throw at it though haha. I'm I evansville quite often if anyone ever wants to have a mini meet and get some beer :)

Fuod
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Which part of town are you in? I'm going to guess the South or SE side since you mentioned Covert earlier.

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I live in henderson, but I'm all over evansville haha. Mainly the east side for food, west side I hang out with buddy's

Fuod
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah duh, I forgot you already said that. My short term memory sucks, and so does my short term memory.

Ever been to Roca bar on south Kentucky (in Evansville)? I used to live in that place.

Robertocritser
10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Yea I used to eat there a lot! Now the gf is stuck on acropolis

Bear
10-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Check out the for sale thread that just popped up. I believe you saw "evil taco supreme" rocking the Ttora eye brow!

Haven't seen him on the boards lately but he is down in e-town also

Robertocritser
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know how to get ahold of hoss

Bear
10-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I lost his phone number a while back and been in the same boat as you are.

Sorry

NwiTACO
10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
two7zero nine2five 00four3

:D

Robertocritser
10-19-2012, 11:28 AM
two7zero nine2five 00four3

:D

Thank you!!!

Robertocritser
10-21-2012, 01:00 PM
When I get back from Idaho around Halloween my truck should be pretty much ready to wheel if anyone is willing to do a day trip could be kind of fun

Harmonytaco
10-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I live in new harmony and work in Evansville. I see a few tacomas with the ttora stickers around town. Getting ready to buy a different truck and make my Tacoma more wheel able. I got a 2003 red reg cab with a 3" OME and a bunch of shade tree armor. Got a 8" rear locking axle and 4.88s I am getting ready to install. Been wanting to go to interlake but haven't had the chance. Anybody been?

Fuod
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome to InTTORA Harmony! Where in Evansville do you work? I live in Evansville and spend most of my time on the North side near Diamond and First Ave.

Interlake is a great park, I've been there I don't even know how many times. The park isn't up to par (in my opinion) with Redbird, and maybe Badlands (I've never been to Badlands but hear nothing but good). But there are plenty of trails, some tight some wide open. Not much for hill climbing, but maybe I just haven't found the right hill yet. I think they have a rock garden now, but once again I haven't seen it afaik. It's a good park for a little bit of everything, just dont get your hopes up for anything extreme.

If you'd like to know anything else just ask, I'm definately NOT the Interlake guru around here but I've been there enough to answer most questions.

NwiTACO
10-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Interlake is ok for the average trail rider. If you want anything serious there are really only two or three rock trails, but there is some technical tight trail riding in the woods. Havent been since the addition of the rock garden, but thats still only one more "trail".

3" lift and a locker would be fun, anything more built and the place is really only a testing ground for shakedown stuff.

Grant
11-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Toys for tots is Saturday November 3rd at Interlake.

I would say it is about the same as redbird and better than Badlands.

natetru
11-01-2012, 06:35 AM

really? better than badlands? i have never been but have never heard it was better than badlands......guess i will have to check it out

NwiTACO
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM

You need to come back to the Badlands now that we know the park...not as many woods trails but lots of rock in the new areas!

Harmonytaco
11-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Went to interlake today with my buddy in his Polaris 900 rzr. We had a blast and rode some fun trails. Most were too tight for a truck though. The rock garden I saw looked like a death trap. Maybe they are not finished yet. It would take a very seriously equipped rock crawler to make it through.

Grant
11-21-2012, 09:06 PM
It can be done with 40's.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/talontsiawd1992/Copyof66238_4761223509490_29909367_n.jpg

Harmonytaco
11-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Right on. Yours looks well equipped. I was not sure why they have telephone poles sticking out of the rock, maybe to hold them in place.

Grant
11-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Right on. Yours looks well equipped. I was not sure why they have telephone poles sticking out of the rock, maybe to hold them in place.

That's not my Ranger, it is a buddy John's.

This was mine on 37's but I sold it. Building a buggy on 40's now.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/talontsiawd1992/2012-09-22_12-43-53_669_zps6fcdd9d7.jpg

Grant
11-22-2012, 04:38 PM
This is my buggy so far and should be hitting Interlake the first part of next year.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/talontsiawd1992/2012-11-17_14-22-03_420.jpg

NwiTACO
11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Man the rock garden came along way since last time I was down there! Last time I was there they actually just added a parking lot and a bathroom.

Hey Greg, they ever open up all of 19? to the public yet?