: Can you keep hitch + safari bar with a bl?

chalupa2
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm still new to suspension mods that take the vehicle higher, so this may be a dumb question.

When you do a body lift, the bumper mounts are relocated, right? I am looking at doing a 3" PA bl and was wondering if you can still mount these accessories. Mainly the ones I am concerned with are a hitch and a safari bar. I'm not even sure where exactly they mount, so maybe you can enlighten me there too.

mudferret
04-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Both mount to the frame, so each will be 3" "lower" compared to the body. You can modify the Safari mounts if you want...

chalupa2
04-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I was afraid of that...thanks for the info

tbplus10
04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
You can lift your hitch with a bodylift, I've got some pics of mine if you PM me an mail address I'd be glad to send them your way.
A nice extra to lifting the hitch is it puts the load points directly in line with the frame and you can run support stringers farther up the frame for better trailer control. After learning the advanges I woulda done some mods to my hitch even if I didnt have a bodylift.
The Safari bar takes some modifying too, but can be lifted.
Both items will take welding and cutting to modify. I tacked my hitch together after I cut and fit it, then had a trailer shop weld it. Total cost ran $70.

Tim