: how to use 4wd???

ttman
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
hello, I'm a total noob at 4WD. I just bought a 2002 taco V6 4x4 xtrcab automatic. any1 got a tutorial on how to use 4wd? how/when to shift? true I could read the owners manual but wat fun would dat be ;)

Baja Belk
04-18-2005, 11:30 PM
you push the button that says 4WD

hawaiianbro
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
DOH! :banghead:

Sorry i'm a :newbie:

Didn't see you had an automatic! :xsmash:

Baja Belk
04-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Well reading the owners manual is the best thing you can do! But if your going between 0-10mph you can take the smaller shifter and shift it down into 4 High. ( I like to be at a complete stop whenever I shift into 4wd....just my own thing.) But once it's in and you see the green 4wd symbol on the bottom left of your dash....that means you have power going to all 4 wheels...hence the 4wd. Now you can go mash and catch those jack rabbits or do pro 4 wheel drifts!!! lol...btw you don't have to push the clutch in when shifting in or out of 4wd.

4 Low is when you are going up really steep hills or rock crawling....You should be at a dead stop when you shift it into 4 Lo...( take the smaller shifter again and from 2wd shift down, to the right, and up. Careful mashing on it...because 1st gear ends at about 5-8mph.

Now if you want to know about the locker....if you have one thats a different story and I don't feel like typing on it.

Kaleo

dude he has a different year truck so most of the stuff you just told him is going to confuse him when he tries to use it. i have the exact same truck but a manual, there's a button on the small shifter for 4 high and the shifter goes either up or down one notch for 4 low. and the green indicator light is in the bottom right of the dash

2LONGTOY89
04-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Their Should Be A Card On Your Sunvisor That Tells You How To Use The 4 Wheel Drive. Atleast There Was One Their When I Bought Mine