: HOW - December 15, 2007

RedRunnertc
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
We got a set of lights to install, what else?

Lysmachia
12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Bend tippy's sliders back to normal... :D

TowerRigger
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Bend tippy's sliders back to normal... :D

Weld some gussets on to tippy's sliders so they don't bend again.;)

thefatkid
12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
There were some gussets on there, the frame looked "tweaked" to me. BFH might bring it back down to the correct height.

I can't make the 15th, I have to work.

Lysmachia
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah I wouldn;t be surprised if her frame is tweaked. I have beat the hell out of her. I think it is her turn to beat the hell out of me!

Quick Draw
12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Hmmm...I'll try and get this day off. Thanks for announcing it a little more in advance. I can never make it to last minute shit, because I am always without a doubt, working.

I was kinda wondering, since you guys might be welding stuff... Could somebody possibly give me a real basic welding lesson? I could buy some scrap metal if needed. I have a 220 arc welder that isn't set up. I have no idea how to use it. I would really like to make armor of my own for my truck, among various other things, but so far I can't do a damn thing.

hanksyota
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
i just bought like 6 lights off the national board. 2 hella 500's and 4 no namers. they are being shipped today, so if i get them, i have to buy some wiring harnesses, and then get some holes drilled in the front bumper. i will probably just do the 2 hella 500's up front. and maybe some reverse lights, and possibly even a couple rock lights. we'll see. i will come up anyways. i got nothin to do next saturday.

RedRunnertc
12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I will see about getting the welder and plasma cutter for that weekend.

JayDawg
12-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Since next Saturday is a go, can someone pm me with directions to the H.O.W. from Sterling. I know I probably need to head down I-76 West but where do I go from there?

Lysmachia
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I was kinda wondering, since you guys might be welding stuff... Could somebody possibly give me a real basic welding lesson? I could buy some scrap metal if needed. I have a 220 arc welder that isn't set up. I have no idea how to use it. I would really like to make armor of my own for my truck, among various other things, but so far I can't do a damn thing.

Well we can't use your 220 here (We don't have a 220 hook up) But... since troy is trying to get the 110 welder and plasma cutter we can use that. The thing is Troy and I are not ideal teachers cuz we really need to learn too. Anyone else??

fjcruzer
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
If we could set up a "Basic Welding for Beginners" class, it looks like we have a few students, including myself, Katherine, Brandon, a friend of mine in Aspen...

TowerRigger
12-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Since I'm not familliar with the area I don't know if it is offered. But back home at the comunity colleges they have 101 welding classes. I always REALLY wanted to take one. The best teacher though is just doing it. Build a small trailer or something that your life or rig doesn't depend on that's still usefull. A really good first project is a welding cart and metal bench.

fjcruzer
12-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Since I'm not familliar with the area I don't know if it is offered. But back home at the comunity colleges they have 101 welding classes. I always REALLY wanted to take one. The best teacher though is just doing it. Build a small trailer or something that your life or rig doesn't depend on that's still usefull. A really good first project is a welding cart and metal bench.

Yes, they are available here, but thought it would be more fun with friends.

march2304
12-08-2007, 08:13 PM
If we could set up a "Basic Welding for Beginners" class, it looks like we have a few students, including myself, Katherine, Brandon, a friend of mine in Aspen...

I would love to learn to weld. Too bad i work that weekend. :(

Lysmachia
12-08-2007, 09:12 PM
We actually might be able to get something exclusive for our club. General Air does a one day beginning class for like $55 . Maybe we can put something together for after the holidays??

ziggy428
12-08-2007, 09:28 PM
!#*@ I really gotta finally show up at one of these (got way too many projects). I've got about 4 yrs experience with welding stuff. Would love to learn more about plasma cutting as Ive only had a few experiences to learn. The 15th is clear for me. Did you ever post an exact location?

fondigley
12-08-2007, 09:39 PM
We actually might be able to get something exclusive for our club. General Air does a one day beginning class for like $55 . Maybe we can put something together for after the holidays??

I like the sound of this.

spindleshanks
12-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I may have a new rust bucket '79 short box 4X4 when the 15th rolls around. I mean, seriously, a real pile of crap. If I get it, it'll need a tune-up. I'll let y'all know.

vwfastg60
12-09-2007, 05:55 AM

Im SOOOOO down for welding class!!! Molly remind me this is going on i will come out cause i work in foco on sunday morning and will shoot up I25 and crash at the shop before work.

I may have a new rust bucket '79 short box 4X4 when the 15th rolls around. I mean, seriously, a real pile of crap. If I get it, it'll need a tune-up. I'll let y'all know.

I have a bunch of old 22r stuff you can grab if you need it.

i have a gas axe thats out of oxygen but small bottle would be cheap or find the adapter for my big bottles you guys can use it. I have a 110mig and a gas set up if you guys wanna use it.

TowerRigger
12-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I would like a fun welding get together. But I want to get my certs. It's just another thing to make me a little more desirable to my company. Not many welders will do their thing at 1000 foot. There have already been a couple times that I could have saved the day if could have welded on a tower.

Don_G
12-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I have sliders and rear bumper that need installing. But the weather's been so bad I haven't had a chance to paint them.

I may get the sliders professionally welded (with gussets), as I'm dealing with a local welder on some sno-cat tracks right now anyway. I used to weld, but since my eyes won't focus for close work anymore, I don't trust my work in awkward places.

My glance at Tippy's sliders indicated the side of the frame rail was tweaked a bit. It did not look like the whole rail was twisted significantly, though. I'll bring my "railroad bar" and a cheater pipe this Sat.

Quick Draw
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM

I kinda get the feeling that this is going to be forgotten about after the holidays. Therefore, I would be happy to take it into my own hands. Molly, if you could get me some information about the company (i.e. Where they are, maybe a phone#) I could see if I could set something up for the club, like late January or something. Then I can start a thread to see who's going and when...

ike
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I have a set of coilovers as well as some dakars to install. Hopeing to get them on sometime this week, but if the weekend rolls around i may show up there and see if i can get some help with them.

hanksyota
12-10-2007, 01:59 PM
so who all is gonna be there? looks like:

hanksyota (+1 maybe new lil lady) (lights, drill into bumper for lights)
jaydawg (lights)
redrunner/lysmachia (of course they'll be there shit)
quickdraw??? (you comin bud?)
turbo4runner (parts depending)

who else?

i can bring some beers.

Turbo4Runner
12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I have a bunch of OME suspension goodies on the way (new leafs, 4 new shocks, new ball joints, bj spacers. I can FINALLY can get rid of the stupid lift blocks). I kinda doubt it'll get here by the 15th (just placed the order today) but if it does I could use some help for sure!!

If it doesn't get here by then, I'll probably try and tackle it at home. I'm taking the truck down to southern New Mexico for Christmas and i'd sure like to have the new suspension on there first..

RedRunnertc
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
A couple things:

- I will have my buddy's 110V MIG and plasma cutter

- First come, first served. Looks like we're getting some pretty big projects and if things don't go right, we might not have time to get to everyone in one day.

- Donations for Molly's cooking are welcome. $5 is the recommended amount.

- Bring whatever you would like to drink!

JayDawg
12-10-2007, 04:21 PM
A couple things:

- I will have my buddy's 110V MIG and plasma cutter

- First come, first served. Looks like we're getting some pretty big projects and if things don't go right, we might not have time to get to everyone in one day.

- Donations for Molly's cooking are welcome. $5 is the recommended amount.

- Bring whatever you would like to drink!

So where is it located at and what is the earliest someone can arrive? I have around an 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive I figure so I want to plan everything out before I leave Saturday morning.

RedRunnertc
12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
PM sent

Say 9:00 maybe?

Prodigy
12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I have an idea for the welding class. IF we can get the people who really want to learn to come on over for a Wyoming run I can get my weld foreman to give a 1 day class. I have 10 machines and everyone can practice at once.
Otherwise next time I am down there I will give a quick burn and learn. Keep in Mind I despise welding though.

And yes I am just making another excuse for a Wyoming run!

spindleshanks
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I'll be there. If I can get the '79 running well enough, I'd like to check the valve lash adjustments and maybe do some plugs/wires/cap rotor, etc.

If not, then I'll be bringing the other Toyota (I love saying that!)

JayDawg
12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
PM sent

Say 9:00 maybe?

Got the pm thanks! What is everything I need to bring? I installed the light bar today and put the lights on it but obviously they won't be functional til this Saturday. I am so stoked about doing this too! I really appreciate you all opening up your garage and helping me out with this!

RedRunnertc
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
The wiring harness and connectors - we have all the tools you will need.

hanksyota
12-11-2007, 01:15 AM
i got my lights today!!!! im gonna be messing around and figuring out where i want to mount them on my bumper, and i need a couple misc nuts/bolts. troy do you guys have a drill that will be ok to drill into my bumper? if you want, i can pick up a bit or something so i dont kill yours.

vwfastg60
12-11-2007, 01:51 AM
put me on the list for coming...I dont have a project unless someone wants to help me adjust my front camber and toe. I know how just helps to have other eyes then mine for adjusting...I should be good tho...Let me know if i can bring anything. I can bring the frontend lift and a small compressor if needed.

Don_G
12-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I'll be there to help with JayDog's wiring.

If the welder is open, and I've managed to paint the sliders, I may try to get them on, otherwise I'll help and eat!

RedRunnertc
12-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Hank - we have drills and bits, no problem. Bring all the hardware (nuts, bolts, wire, switches, relays, etc) that you will need.

spindleshanks
12-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Hank - we have drills and bits, no problem. Bring all the hardware (nuts, bolts, wire, switches, relays, etc) that you will need.

I'll help out with whatever, I don't really have a project to work on. I forgot that even if the '79 is running, it's unregistered and uninsured, so I won't be bringing it.

ike
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
does anyone that will be going have a spanner wrench for fabtech perfomance coilovers?

colorado125
12-11-2007, 10:19 AM
does anyone that will be going have a spanner wrench for fabtech perfomance coilovers?

I think I still have the wrench from my brothers old Fabtech Coilovers I can bring or let someone bring down incase I can't come. Let me know if someone can take it down incase I can't make it.

hanksyota
12-11-2007, 10:59 AM
cool troy, thanks. i will have it all together by then.

JayDawg
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey all, like I was saying previously, I installed my light bar and the lights yesterday. Here are some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/07Tacoma1stmod005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/JRalston/07Tacoma1stmod006.jpg

It was snowing when I took the pictures so sorry for the little white speckles. Now I can't wait to lift this thing next month and get rims and tires after my tax return.

fjcruzer
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
You and Troy can compare your portable daylight... but Troy still has access to the best head lights :eek:

hanksyota
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
looks good jay. im trying to figure out how in the world im going to setup my lights. i got two hella 500's, and 4 random ones. two are a lot like avsfreaks(jay's) just some knock off's with a plastic rock guard, but they are the same size as the hellas, so i might take off the front guard and get some hella covers. im gonna have to look around the national board to see what people are doing. two other lights may end up being reverse lights, but that will be down the road i think.

vwfastg60
12-11-2007, 04:08 PM

I have a fox wrench that works on most coilovers i can bring it.

fjcruzer
12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/505992554.html

Avsfreak1234
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
ill see if I can come down. I might have work but I could always try to get the day off. all I have is a parking brake in need of adjustment so I could help with other projects. We'll see what the boss-man has to say

Los
12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
where is this located at? I got a link to this thread in my need help thread...

ike
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
My weekend is looking like it is going to be full now, so i might not make this. It also sounds like this will be a busy weekend at the HOW. I may just try and borrow/buy a spanner wrench from one of you guys that has one and get my lift on during the week.

colorado125
12-12-2007, 12:54 PM
My weekend is looking like it is going to be full now, so i might not make this. It also sounds like this will be a busy weekend at the HOW. I may just try and borrow/buy a spanner wrench from one of you guys that has one and get my lift on during the week.

My brother no longer has the truck that had the coilovers and I've got the wrench in the garage, so we have no need for it at all if you would be interested in it. Doubt my brother would want anything for it.

ike
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I am, let me know what u need for it.

RedRunnertc
12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Let's get an update on who all is coming and what projects they need to work on:

jaydawg (lights)
redrunner/lysmachia
quickdraw??? (you comin bud?)
turbo4runner (lift - leaf springs, BJ spacers, shocks)
vwfastg60 (helper)
DonG (helper)
Avsfreak1234 (ebrake)

fjcruzer
12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
If Kat ends up working, I'll try to come by and help, document, point and laugh, or whatever is needed most :D If she's free, sorry guys, but NO contest :p

vwfastg60
12-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Im going to drag bart down and can bring my heater out if you guys need some other heat. I just need to know what to bring. I may not be there at 9 cause im really unplesant in the mornings but i will try for before 10

spindleshanks
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll be there. But mostly just to drink beer. I'll be thrilled to lend a hand on any given project, too.

Quick Draw
12-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Well I have to work at 1....So I could be there until about noon... Which really doesn't help much. Did I see something that you were starting early in the morning, though? Let me know, and if so, I can make it.

Lysmachia
12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
You and Troy can compare your portable daylight... but Troy still has access to the best head lights :eek:

I caught that. LMAO

So gang, bring whatever you like to drink. I'll try and fix up something food wise... But that all depends on whether I have to go to boulder at some point to help Katie. (She is being released tomorrow and is doing sooo much better). So no promises on da food, but plan on at least some good snackies...

We gotta get Julie to bring her new truck by... and you guys can all check it out!

devinsixtyseven
12-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Katie (my Katie), Scoup and I might drop in during the middle of the day...I gots no current projects, but will help eat, drink, and wrench :kewl:. I have to put in an office day Saturday so maybe I can make an escape we'll see.

colorado125
12-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Might be down to lend a hand. Have to see how I feel on Saturday. Hey Molly, how about pm'ing me directions or an address?

And I'll even drive the Jeep down. ;)

spindleshanks
12-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Well I have to work at 1....So I could be there until about noon... Which really doesn't help much. Did I see something that you were starting early in the morning, though? Let me know, and if so, I can make it.

That doesn't leave you much time....you'll have to shotgun beers in order to make the best use of your time!

Los
12-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I might still try to stop by if you guys are willing to check out my truck to help track down my problem w/ the 4wd. Im going to take the skid off tomorrow and check my diff as well as my cv's to see if I find anything first.
I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow...

spindleshanks
12-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Happy to help!

spindleshanks
12-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Does anybody need a winch line (stock WARN steel 125' x 5/16") or a set of ventvisors (95-04 front windows only)?

Looking to get rid of this stuff: $20 takes the ventvisors, $60 for the winchline. PM me if interested, and I'll bring 'em Saturday.

**edit post: winchline new from factory, never installed.

RedRunnertc
12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
jaydawg (lights)
redrunner/lysmachia
vwfastg60 (helper)
DonG (helper)
Avsfreak1234 (ebrake)
Spindleshanks (helper)
devinsixtyseven (helper)
Los (4WD troubleshooting)

Maybe
quickdraw (helper?)
fjcruzer (helper)
colorado124 (helper)

With all the help, I don't see any issues getting to your lift Ben. Make sure you bring NEW bolts for the rear springs - they often have to be cut! Start soaking everything down with PB Blaster or WD40 tonight, and again tomorrow.

RedRunnertc
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
**edit post: winchline new from factory, never installed.

Didn't it come installed on your winch? You just changed to synthetic before actually pulling anything with the steel line right?

Turbo4Runner
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I do have new U-Bolts, had to get them anyway since the truck currently has a block lift and the U-Bolts will be way to long.

Truck went into my tiny garage last night and has been getting a generous amount of PB shot on to anything I think might be touched. TGFPB.

I still need directions though! :)

RedRunnertc
12-13-2007, 05:31 PM
PM Sent

I mean the bolts that go through the bushings at the perch and the shackle.

Turbo4Runner
12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Hmm... Ok.. Any idea of the size? Or do they need to be obtained from a dealer? I'll try and pickup some before Saturday.

RedRunnertc
12-13-2007, 05:41 PM
The IDEAL situation are the ones with the zerks built in to grease the bushings... most 4WD shops should have them I would think.

Avsfreak1234
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
well I have the day off on saturday unless the boss calls so Im there!! I also have a new development to look at...belt screaming upon starting. I dont know which it is yet so that would be a first step. It only does it when its cold.....

Lysmachia
12-13-2007, 06:27 PM
And it's friggin COLD!!!

fjcruzer
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
well I have the day off on saturday unless the boss calls so Im there!! I also have a new development to look at...belt screaming upon starting. I dont know which it is yet so that would be a first step. It only does it when its cold.....

Ah, good old Toy belts... and my can of silicone spray... fond memories...

Avsfreak1234
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
And it's friggin COLD!!!

my inner gangsta' offers an ever so polite "werd"

spindleshanks
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Didn't it come installed on your winch? You just changed to synthetic before actually pulling anything with the steel line right?

I don't think winches come "wrapped", at least not at the wholesale level.

ziggy428
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
jaydawg (lights)
redrunner/lysmachia
vwfastg60 (helper)
DonG (helper)
Avsfreak1234 (ebrake)
Spindleshanks (helper)
devinsixtyseven (helper)
Los (4WD troubleshooting)

Maybe
quickdraw (helper?)
fjcruzer (helper)
colorado124 (helper)

I'd like to come on Sat. Sounds like theres going to be tons of people. I'll bring my wiring diagrams if thats helpful to anyone. (Haynes only 95-00) Mostly helping, but I'd like to get some ideas for shock tabs too. Molly or Troy could you PM some directions? Thanks.

Lysmachia
12-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok all... I will officially be here and cooking. Bring a few bucks if you think of it to chip in for food, since troy and I can't keep feeding armies without reinfocements. :D

It should be fun!

Lysmachia
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/128340812179843750cansomeonehan.jpg

Quick Draw
12-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Once again.... What time is everything starting?

vwfastg60
12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Once again.... What time is everything starting?

9ish

I have a site im going to post in the off topic for everyone you can download the factory service manuals in PDF files. I downloaded the 85 manual and im going to grab the one for the taco and the one for my truck so i have one for most of the parts i have and or will have lol.

Molly i didnt bring it up when i was there but i have a heater that i can bring that will heat your garage. Let me know i will put it on the list of stuff to bring.

RedRunnertc
12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
With all the work going on, we might have to leave the garage door open, so an extra heater might be nice Russell.

colorado125
12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
I am, let me know what u need for it.

Its free, but wouldn't turn down a 6 pack of micro brew if you want.:D

JayDawg
12-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey all,

As much as I hate to do this, I have to back out of tommorow. I am sick is a dog throwing up and don't want to spread it to any of you guys. Sorry I have to do this but maybe I can get the lights on the next one.
Jason

Lysmachia
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Dude I am not coming downstairs till 10am. You morning people can still come at 9 though. LOL

Los
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Well it turns out I dont need to come up tomorrow as I found my problem. My diff was out of fluid because there is a leak coming from the output shaft seal... and the humming noise were my gears. Great.
Anyone have any idea how much its going to cost me? I think I need new gears... or should I just look for a used front diff?

hanksyota
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Dude I am not coming downstairs till 10am. You morning people can still come at 9 though. LOL

FOR REALS!! im with you molly. i will get up there as soon as i can, i have to stop by Colorado Off Road to pickup my wiring harness. im still planning on being there. might be hangin a bit, we have our work christmas party tonight, but i'll do my best not to vom on anyone. :D

Avsfreak1234
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I will probably leave estes around 9 so Ill be there 10 is for all you non-morning people(me included) to wake up.

Turbo4Runner
12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
The IDEAL situation are the ones with the zerks built in to grease the bushings... most 4WD shops should have them I would think.

I called 4 Wheel parts and they acted as though I was asking for a part for my moon rover or something..

I asked for "leaf spring bolts with zerks"...? He said he didn't think any place would have them locally...

Is there something else I should ask for/another place I should look?

Thanks!
Ben

RedRunnertc
12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I googled "leaf spring bolts with zerks" and got:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=2894

"spring eye bolts with zerks" got me:
http://www.lowcosttrailersupplies.com/trailer-parts-d17x1.html
http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/LubeShackle/lubeshacks.htm

Turbo4Runner
12-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Cool, thanks for the links. It gives me a much better idea of exactly what to look for.

devinsixtyseven
12-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I has idea :D.

Once a day, one of us should call 4WP and ask for something retarded, like metric screwdrivers, left-handed socket wrenches or polyaluminoid throttle bearings (or parts for our moon rovers! Hells yeah :D). Make sure you tell them it's for a Jeep, too. Does anyone here work at 4WP...and can verify if one of their requirements is to be dumb as a box of rocks and easily distracted by big shiny rims? :p

Los what truck do you have? I have a set of stock 3.91 gears that will fit a 95.5-04 Tacoma or 00-04 Tundra, some 4Runners and Sequoias too I think.

ike
12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
colorado125
Its free, but wouldn't turn down a 6 pack of micro brew if you want.

I will have to take you up on that offer. I will be up north in ft collins this weekend if you will happen to be anywhere around that area. I also dont mind driving a little ways to pick it up and deliver beverages just let me know.

Los
12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Los what truck do you have? I have a set of stock 3.91 gears that will fit a 95.5-04 Tacoma or 00-04 Tundra, some 4Runners and Sequoias too I think.

I have an 01 Doublecab 4x4 Trd. But the truck has 4.10 gears :(
Ive seen a couple 4.10's for sale so Im just gonna pick one up and see if anyone can help me install it for a lil cash.
Any 4.10 front diff w/ add should fit my truck right? Does it matter if its a runner or taco and what year as long as its in the 3rd gen (96-04) years?

ziggy428
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Cool, thanks for the links. It gives me a much better idea of exactly what to look for.
I got the daystar shackles from wheelers. Quite pleased with the quality. Nowhere in town had them in stock though.

Does anyone here work at 4WP...and can verify if one of their requirements is to be dumb as a box of rocks and easily distracted by big shiny rims? :p

Hehe...I was unaware they sold things besides body lifts and big shiny rims.

spindleshanks
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=devinsixtyseven;1084017]I has idea :D.

Once a day, one of us should call 4WP and ask for something retarded, like metric screwdrivers, left-handed socket wrenches or polyaluminoid throttle bearings (or parts for our moon rovers! Hells yeah :D). Make sure you tell them it's for a Jeep, too. Does anyone here work at 4WP...and can verify if one of their requirements is to be dumb as a box of rocks and easily distracted by big shiny rims? :p[QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like mufflometers, turn signal fluid, johnson rods, muffler bearings, and the ubiquitous flux capacitor. Tell 'em you need part number BA 1100 N, with optional attached string. lol.

Lysmachia
12-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Tell 'em you need part number BA 1100 N, with optional attached string. lol.

No that is part number TAM-P0N. And it better have a string. Or you're screwed. (I can't believe I just posted that!)

vwfastg60
12-14-2007, 10:05 PM
No that is part number TAM-P0N. And it better have a string. Or you're screwed. (I can't believe I just posted that!)

And now its sealed in the thread FOREVER!:D

Turbo4Runner
12-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, somehow I missed the UPS guy and even though the little sticky note said he was coming back after 5, he didn't..

So, I don't have most of my parts. I still plan on coming up, but no suspension project this time around.. Freakin' UPS..

vwfastg60
12-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Bart has rock lights as a filler if needed and i have camber issues all the time lol

RedRunnertc
12-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I hate UPS. I'll have to tell you the ordeal I had with my Lightforce lights...

Turbo4Runner
12-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I called them and they said they were going to have the local drop off call me so I can make an "emergency pickup". So hopefully I'll still get the stuff today..

Now getting it with enough time to get anything done today is another story..

Lysmachia
12-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey if anyone needs to call - call us at 720. nine three three. 3071

devinsixtyseven
12-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Dangit...I am at work :(. And it is almost 2PM :(. I don't think I'm gonna make it up there today :rolleyes:, sorry.

colorado125
12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
colorado125

I will have to take you up on that offer. I will be up north in ft collins this weekend if you will happen to be anywhere around that area. I also dont mind driving a little ways to pick it up and deliver beverages just let me know.

Yeah I'll be around this weekend. I may head up to Cheyenne sometime though.

I'll PM you my cell.

Quick Draw
12-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I was hoping to make it, but decided that I needed to catch up on some much needed sleep that I missed this week. I had to work at 1....I slept until 12:30 lol. So how was it? Get a lot done?

fjcruzer
12-16-2007, 12:20 AM
They must have been busy, I sent Molly a text and never heard back! :saw: :welder:

vwfastg60
12-16-2007, 07:37 AM
We had a blast. Im sure pics will get posted later but i gotta get off the coputer before im late for work :(

ziggy428
12-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Had fun guys, the killer hospitality way made up for wrenching in the cold. THX.

RedRunnertc
12-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Good day - too bad Ben's parts didn't come in. with all the help, we could have set a lift install world record!

spindleshanks
12-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Did you get your O2 sensor installed OK?

Turbo4Runner
12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I hounded them all day and didn't get anywhere..

I still don't understand how if you know they are not on the truck and you can't find them you think you will be able to bring them to my house on Monday??

hanksyota
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
zach did get the 02 sensor in ok. i got my lights wired up (thanks don g and troy). good chow, thanks molly. fun times at the HOW.

Avsfreak1234
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
zach did get the 02 sensor in ok. i got my lights wired up (thanks don g and troy). good chow, thanks molly. fun times at the HOW.

I held the lights for ya too. gotta give credit where its due ya ass. lol

ziggy428
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
ya, what he said. I'm going to try and tune her up. Went to Abasin last week and used up almost a full tank of gas to get there and back.

Turbo, I wouldn't expect much from UPS at this time of year, lol. I would know , I used to work for them. Luckily for you nothings breakable I hope. They hire a bunch of temps for december too, and the drivers still work till 8 at night sometimes. Good Luck.

Turbo4Runner
12-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I finally got all my stuff.. It was almost 8PM last night when they finally knocked on the door.

I'll be diving into things tonight.. Wish me luck!!

hanksyota
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I held the lights for ya too. gotta give credit where its due ya ass. lol

hail Jay, the holder of the lights.

Quick Draw
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
How 'bout another one, pretty soon? I have a t-case brake to install, and tranny fluid to change.... And I think Turbo will be ready for the lift... Maybe after Christmas, but before New Years? Or after that, even.... I don't know...

Also, I don't know if it was seen or not, but I offered to set up a club-exclusive welding class, for about late January. Should I go ahead and start setting things up, or no?

Lysmachia
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah start setting up the welding class. In terms of HOW maybe the weekend before new years - but honestly it might need to eb the weekend after that...

vwfastg60
12-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Im down for another one and can bring whatever needed. If i see some money around then i may have an axle to build and knuckles to weld....We will see.

Quick Draw
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
So what's the status on the next HOW?

ike
12-28-2007, 09:59 PM
X2 i have some stuff i may need help with.

Avsfreak1234
12-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Im down sometime soon for a helper. I dont really have anything on my list at the moment.

00regcab
12-29-2007, 12:25 AM
If we do it next saturday i could be there late in the afternoon? Or sunday would work.

I pickup my new truck next saturday around 4pm in south denver (county line road and i25 roughly) so sunday would definatly work best.

Id like to just pull the plugs, check them, check the cap/rotor, brake pads, adjust drums if needed... so on and so forth. Not something id really need alot of help with, so dont choose the day just because it works for me lol, but its always fun to hang out and BS with everyone while working :cool:

vwfastg60
12-29-2007, 07:55 AM
If your in town give me a ring. Were finishing up ballz runner now that all the parts are in. With luck we will have it ready for tomorrows run. If they get backed up i can pull the bimmer out and i have another spot. We wrenched all night in 80degree heat lol

seven 20- 3two9-6301

ike
12-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Nate your new truck wont have a cap and rotor.

00regcab
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Nate your new truck wont have a cap and rotor.

:o oops, its the newest vehicle ive ever owned. I apparently have alot to learn lol

spindleshanks
12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey Nate, don't forget to check the mufflometer on your new truck. It may need new bushings.

00regcab
12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey Nate, don't forget to check the mufflometer on your new truck. It may need new bushings.

he said something about those being bad, he said it was out of blinker fluid too!

I hope i dont get pulled over comming home with it since the turn signals wont have any fluid!