: Tipping Ettiquite?

99TanTaco
12-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Ok, so at BW3's there are basically 3 ways you can dine:

Option 1-walk in, go to bar if there is a open seat and eat there

Option2-have hostess seat you and someone waits on you

Option3-walk in, go to counter and order, then they give you a pager. Depending on how busy they are someone may bring you food or you may have to go get it, likewise you may also have to refill your own beverages and etc depending on how busy they are

Now the first two are a no-brainer but the 3rd puzzles me. If someone brings you your food but makes no additional trips to the table (you have to refill your own drinks and such) do you still tip them? If so do you tip the same or a lesser amount?

I discussed this with a buddy of mine and he says he usually goes like 10% in this type of situation. He said this would also apply in buffet style restaurants (examples: Golden Corral, Ponderosa, CiCi's, etc)

NEV2DEP
12-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I myself don't tip in that case.And depending on how good(hot)( just being honest) the waitress is at the buffet I may or may not tip there.But it still wouldn't be as much as if was a full service sit down.I always like to leave a better than average tip at the sit down place if the service was good.

NEV2DEP
12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
so what do you tip bartenders?
most times if I order 2 or more drink at one time I'll give them $2-3.If it just a beer that cost $4.50 you get the change, if the can of beer that cost $7 at the House of Blues and you hold you hand out for a tip for opening my $7 can of beer you don't get shit.....

ABN82MP
12-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?

Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.

Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?

Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.

Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.

Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight - you don't ever tip?

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something, a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.

Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.

Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

Mr. Pink: Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled six times.

Mr. Blonde: Six times. Well, what if she's too fucking busy?

Mr. Pink: The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.

Nice Guy Eddie: Excuse me, Mr. Pink, but I think the last fucking thing you need is another cup of coffee.

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that -learn to fucking type. 'Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fucking surprise.

99TanTaco
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
so what do you tip bartenders?
most times if I order 2 or more drink at one time I'll give them $2-3.If it just a beer that cost $4.50 you get the change, if the can of beer that cost $7 at the House of Blues and you hold you hand out for a tip for opening my $7 can of beer you don't get shit.....

Bartenders I usually do a minimum of $1 every other beer, however if they are attentive (don't leave me hanging) and are pleasant I have been known to tip more frequently

RedRunnertc
12-06-2007, 10:31 PM
The rule of thumb for this kind of service is the same as bartenders - 10%, but it all depends on the service. You are never OBLIGATED to tip, it is based on the service level. For good service, I regularly tip 20%, except when they add it to the check, then they get whatever is on there, regardless of how good the service (and I point that out)

Full_Tilt_Fud
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
It all depends on the situation.........most of the time I would not tip in that situation...........but........like Joe said..........if the server is hot and dressed in a provacative manner..........well you get the idea.

Normally I tip traditional sit down servers well due to the fact I go to only a hand full of places.......most of which are kind of small........meaning that there is a good chance I will run into them again.

NEV2DEP
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
No work today Todd?

Full_Tilt_Fud
12-07-2007, 12:09 PM
lunch time.........about time to go back inside though.........it is cold out here in my truck :rolleyes: