: removing rack and pinion

Cesario
04-21-2005, 04:53 AM
hey guys, on my 99 taco with a 6'' TM and 3" SAW lift, i'm gonna be taking them off tomorrow, obviously the rack and pinion steering has to come off. does anyone have a write up, or pics on how to do so? Will i need any special tools besides basic bigass wrenches, and are there any tricks to making this easier?

Cesario
04-23-2005, 03:35 PM
gotdamn no one yet? BUMP!

4x4crazy12345
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
no special tools that I know of just take your time and have fun wrenching :xbeer2:

TacomaNova
04-24-2005, 04:45 AM
hey guys, on my 99 taco with a 6'' TM and 3" SAW lift, i'm gonna be taking them off tomorrow, obviously the rack and pinion steering has to come off. does anyone have a write up, or pics on how to do so? Will i need any special tools besides basic bigass wrenches, and are there any tricks to making this easier?
i think there is a write up on the NE site, i know there should be one for replacing the rack bushings, when i replaced my bushings, i pretty much had the rack off, and i didn't have to use any special tools, if you are taking it off completely then you will need to take the tie rod ends out, and sometimes people use a puller for that, but i don't think it is a necessity

TacomaNova
04-24-2005, 04:47 AM
www.ne-ttora.net

should be able to take it off from this... or give u an idea
http://www.keystonekrawlers.com/Mods/Toyota/SteerBushing/TacomaSteeringBush.htm