: Custom 05 Tacoma sound system

Radone
04-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Just finished my system in my 05 DC Tacoma!
You can check out pictures on my CarDomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/827702

mountainpete
04-23-2005, 02:47 PM
That's a really nice and clean install. Very well done!

Did you keep the factory head unit?

Radone
04-23-2005, 03:40 PM
I used the factory head unit with a SoundGate LOC4.4 it's a 4 channel line output converter.

mrbigbri
04-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Wow. That has to be *the* nicest install I've seen in any tacoma. Excellent work.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/827000-827999/827702_6_full.jpg

robsatx
04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks in advance.

nubreed71
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Can you explain what you used to hook the Ipod up to your stock head unit? Is it one of the factory stereo interface units? Which head unit do you have? Is it the standard am/fm CD player?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just bought a new taco and a USA spec Ipod interface from crutchfield. Apparently this thing is supposed to plug into the back of the factory head unit where the cd changer would plug in and I want to make sure my head unit will work with this thing before pulling the dash all apart...

Any help you or anyone else can provide is much appreciated.

The truck looks sweet and the install is super clean!

Mreeves
05-09-2005, 10:35 PM
hey NuBreed i orderd the same thing u did, and it should work. I called my audio guy today and he said there is a cd changed input on the back of the head unit. so you and I both should not have any problem. the ony thing i am trying to figure out is how to ge the head unit out lol

Schuey2002
05-10-2005, 01:12 AM
On your cardomain site, you can see a pic of the back wall which appears to be Dynamated, did you do your floor and doors as well? :)

RedOh3
05-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Sheesh man, that's some impressive work. What did it all end up running you ifyou don't mind me asking?

05'DCTaco
05-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Damn if i didnt use thoes compartments for storage :(

nubreed71
05-10-2005, 11:00 AM
hey NuBreed i orderd the same thing u did, and it should work. I called my audio guy today and he said there is a cd changed input on the back of the head unit. so you and I both should not have any problem. the ony thing i am trying to figure out is how to ge the head unit out lol

Here is a great link that I found for removing our stock head unit!

http://homepage.mac.com/ebones/PhotoAlbum13.html

I'm gonna try to do the install today at lunch...I'll let you know how it goes!

nubreed71
05-10-2005, 02:55 PM
That was the easiest thing I have ever done. If you look at the link above it shows you how and it literally took me 20 minutes to do the whole thing. I still need to mount the interface unit so that it doesn't move around, but other than that it's all done!

Radone
05-10-2005, 06:27 PM
It's the IPOD2CAR by Peripheral Electronics it just plugs into the cd changer
port on the back of the factory head unit. You can skip forward and backwards
through playlists using the controls on the factory head unit and it also keeps
the IPOD charged.The sound is great way better than any FM transmitter.You can read more about it on their website. http://peripheralelectronics.com/ipod2car/index.shtml
Yes I did use Dynamat Extreme on the doors too. As far as total cost of system
it was around $1500. Because I bought everything off the web I saved alot.

GangusKhanh
05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
How do you like the PCEs? These are what I plan on putting in my system..

05taco
12-29-2005, 09:48 PM
i have an 05 access cab with the 6 cd-in dash cd player and i want to install the USA Spec ipod interface but was curious if i would lose the ability to play cds? i was also wondering if the tracks would show up on the radios display and if i could control it with the buttons on my steering wheel. thanks.

domingd
02-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi guys, I not very good with car audio and im wanting to run an amp... I have already purchased the LOC 4.4 and was just wondering what was the best place to tap and run a remote wire for the amp? Thanks for your help in advace!

P.S. I have 06 toyota tacoma double cab with a stock HU, obviously...

0stepside3
02-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Hi guys, I not very good with car audio and im wanting to run an amp... I have already purchased the LOC 4.4 and was just wondering what was the best place to tap and run a remote wire for the amp? Thanks for your help in advace!

P.S. I have 06 toyota tacoma double cab with a stock HU, obviously...

You could tap into the fuse box to anything that has voltage when, and only when the ignition is turned on or to ACC. Or there would probably be a electric antenna lead on the back of the radio, if there is one, you can use it as well.

elellilrah
02-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Super clean install. Nice fab work and it fits everything. Now where do you put the tow strap, hitch, straps, chains, shotgun and such?

TUFFTACO
02-27-2006, 03:58 PM
That looks really good. How does it sound? I have an 04 dbl cab and am working on stereo for behind the back seat. I have not seen the inside of the 05 before. Were those originally storage compartments where your amps & sub are mounted? If that is custom, who did it?

barney387
04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
i have an 05 access cab with the 6 cd-in dash cd player and i want to install the USA Spec ipod interface but was curious if i would lose the ability to play cds? i was also wondering if the tracks would show up on the radios display and if i could control it with the buttons on my steering wheel. thanks.

Did anyone ever answer this?? I have the JBL 6CD in dash, will this interface work with it??? I can't find it on the website.

gregers05
04-27-2006, 11:20 PM
damn dude. u did a great job on that install. lol i just put the amp under the seat and set my subs on my back seat haha. only took me like 20mins to do the install though :D . is that a kicker L7 solo baric?

capsized
04-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Looks good, I did something similar with my 06 DC. However I had to remove the plastic from the back of the seat because when I crancked it up the Sub slapped the back of the seat.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2283519