: Fair price on this tacoma?

Gtacoma1
04-24-2005, 11:20 PM
I was just wondering if you guys can help me to decide what a good/fair price would be on a tacoma 1999 ext cab 6 cylinder with the TRD supercharger. It seems to have after market coils on front suspension, other than this it all seems to be stock. It is in pretty good shape, comes with after market stereo, tinted windows. The exterior color is hunter green. Oh and the truck has over 90,000 miles.

$12,000 is that too expensive or a fair price?

The reason I ask is because my friend will let me take over his loan of $12,000 on this truck so I will be making payments every month. Should I accept his offer?

Thanks
Greg

Gtacoma1
04-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Oh and yes it is a 4x4.

grillmasterp
04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7045&highlight=1999
Mike's truck is sold- but you can get an idea of his asking price-
Go plug in the specs at edmunds and look for the TMV for your zip
otherwise look at KBB or Nada

Gtacoma1
04-25-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7045&highlight=1999

No offense to the member selling this truck but I believe my friends 1999 looks nicer and it does have a super charger and it is a 5speed as well. I am really considering to take him on his offer plus it will be on financing. So I just finish paying for it and the truck is mine.

grillmasterp
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
No offense to the member selling this truck but I believe my friends 1999 looks nicer and it does have a super charger and it is a 5speed as well. I am really considering to take him on his offer plus it will be on financing. So I just finish paying for it and the truck is mine.

So then you've already made up your mind- Then why try justify your purchase by asking about the price? You are baisically asking if its a fair or good deal?

He already sold his truck - So I was merely giving you a reference for a 99 4wd, V6 with similar mileage-
1)Actually Automatic transmissions = higher resale value for used vehicles
2) Supercharger is a mod- and unlikely to significantly increase trade in/resale- (its simply a selling point) (You don't have a S/C option on NADA or KBB do ya?)

What do I know about good deals? or Tacoma pricing-

I sold my old preowned 98 Prerunner for $250 less than what I paid for it After driving it 2.5 years.
My 99 V6 4wd 5spd with 27K miles was purchased for $13.5K 3 years ago-
My Bro's 99 V6 4wd 5spd w/50K was purchased for About $13K 3.5 years ago
4 years ago , we missed a Good deal on a 98 V6 4wd w/ 44K , auto for $12.5K

Gtacoma1
04-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Well pretty much I want to find out if this was a fair price or if it was a complete rip off I would back off from the deal. I have check Blue Book and pretty much this price is on the high end price range. The truck is in good shape and the supercharger is an extra so most likely I will go for it. But again, I wanted to hear from other members if it was a complete rip off I would not have done it.

Thanks