: Need some springs

bosco
01-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Does anyone have a line on a set of stock rear 2WD chevy springs? 89-98 will work. Mahalo's in advance!

bosco
01-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Oh yeah, they need to be off of a full size pickup. Anyone??? Junk yard springs are great by me! :kewl:

tacohi76
01-20-2008, 04:15 AM
bosco Just curious how did the recon inspection go ?

bosco
01-20-2008, 11:39 AM
It went fine. Just a huge PITA with all the running around I had to do since I didnt have registration also. So I had to get the recon done but they wouldnt give me my sticker until I got my registration taken care and I couldnt do that until I went and failed the regular inspection for not having registration!?! So once I got it registered I was able to get the recon guys to give me my sticker, THEN I could go back to the inspection station for my insection sticker. Needless to say it was a long couple of days of running rampid!

All in all, the recon is a joke! When I first got there the guy asked me what was done to the truck. I told him it was just lifted. Then he mentioned the wheels and asked if they were aftermarket. I played dumb and told him I didnt know since I had just bought it. Then he told me that I needed to tell him wether they were or not. So I told him they were stock. He didnt care. I think as long as you are within the guidelines of bumper height, the mudflap thing, and your tires dont stick out past the fenders then you can probably do just about anything you want. I bought a nice welder yesterday so I am going to go ahead and start gathering parts to build another awesome rockcrawler! I hope to have it done before the year is up so stay tuned!

tacohi76
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
At least the recon part is done and you don't have to worry about that

bosco
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Yup that is true. AND I found the springs I was looking for from some local dude for $50!!! And so it begins... :kewl: