: Anyone know where i can get a good timing kit?

vwfastg60
01-23-2008, 02:52 AM
I need a timing chain and guide kit local and like today. I have the front end all apart and its in need so i might as well just bit the bullet and do it. I need a timing cover cause mines gotta be ready to brake through.

RedRunnertc
01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
engnbldr.com

Be sure to get metal guides, not plastic!

Lysmachia
01-23-2008, 10:22 AM
We have the timing light to Russ...

vwfastg60
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I need the chain kit local tho thats the issue.

Thanks molly i have a light but that tick in my motor is one of the guides. :(

Lysmachia
01-23-2008, 05:36 PM
It isn't valve tap is it? I mean are you sure it is timing?

RedRunnertc
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
There she goes diagnosing engine issues again and she didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ...

:rofl:

vwfastg60
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
LOL im sure..I got a double row kit new with gears and whatnot for $40 just need the gaskets

55bucks is a great deal

Lysmachia
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
There she goes diagnosing engine issues again and she didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ...

:rofl:

I'm not an engine mechanic... I just play one on TV. Like I have a fucking clue!

But I do know that my metalic bolt bowl was run over and my panties are still in a bunch about that.

vwfastg60
01-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Its a good thing i got a kit and cover. I broke the cover cause it was sooo gasketmakered on it wouldnt come off the chain guied on the drivers side was broken clean off....now i hunt for the rest in the pan. The covers trashed and the reason for the leak was the guy who did it last time put a later 22r cover on an early block so there was an 1/8inch gap split top to bottom.......IDIOTS!!!!

Got everything off except the pan so today im going to finish it up and with luck be able to come out to pick up some stuff from troy!

Double row chain kit with metal backed guied and an old style cover cost me $40 and a drive to denver with lots of exiting things happinin on the way home.

spindleshanks
01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I"m in Alliance Nebraska, and they're desperate for 22R engines here. I said "that's crazy, those things are everywhere". They told me that the closest 22R they could find was in Omaha.

poorboyota26
01-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't remember the name of the place but they are on the corner of 27th and Pine in Boulder

The timming kit that they sell has the metal guids.
I think I paid about 190 for all of it (Chain, Sprockets, Guides, Tensioner, Gaskets, Main seal and Cover).
Good place to do buisness with

I wore through the new cover in 1k mi because one of the water pump bolts was blocking the tensioner and they replaced it for free.

Oh and you might want to check the bolts for the water pump to make sure they don' t protrude too far and get in the way of the tensioner. :rolleyes: :doh: he he he