: Tacoma Modifications-Need Help!

leopardprey
04-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Ok, I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 4 door model. Already has the TRD off road package. Have 22,000 miles on it.

Really like it, but want to modify it. Have no clue how to do, so bear with me.

Would like to lift it and put on 33" (305s??) tires. What type of lift kit or suspension will I need.

What is the price estimate to do?

Does anyone know of any shops in Central Indiana (indianapolis, kokomo, or lafayette?) that can do this work?

If I get 33" or 305s can I still mount a spare of the same size underneath the truck?

Will I need to get different size rims?

How will this effect my gas milage, etc.. Will the speedometer need to be recalibrated?

Would like to lift it and put on the bigger tires so as to improve appearance, increase ground clearance.

Thanks for taking the times to answer this newbees questions.

God BLess.

TacomaNova
04-26-2005, 05:15 AM
Ok, I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 4 door model. Already has the TRD off road package. Have 22,000 miles on it.

Please use the search feature, alot of the questions you asked can be easily obtained by a simple search...

Would like to lift it and put on 33" (305s??) tires. What type of lift kit or suspension will I need.

there are so many lifts out there, it all depends on what kind of wheeling you want to do with your rig, there are lifts taylored for your specific needs, cheap.. or not so cheap.. coilovers, spacers, drop bracket lifts, and body lifts. some and/or the combination of both will give you your desired height to clear 33s

what do you wanna spend? are you going to do it yourself, or are you going to have a shop do it, because that will change the price as well... you can go with coilovers and spend from 400-1000 just for the front, or spacers/bodylift and spend significantly less.

Does anyone know of any shops in Central Indiana (indianapolis, kokomo, or lafayette?) that can do this work?

i don't, im from cali

If I get 33" or 305s can I still mount a spare of the same size underneath the truck?

yes

no

How will this effect my gas milage, etc.. Will the speedometer need to be recalibrated?

milage will go down, power will go down, spedo will be off.... larger circumferance means more distance traveled per rotation, you can regear to offset this as well.

Would like to lift it and put on the bigger tires so as to improve appearance, increase ground clearance.

if its just for looks, and you don't care about ride quality, then you can get spacers and body lifts, if you want ride quality and clearance, then i would suggest new coilovers.

God BLess.

Terms to search..... spacer lifts.... cornfed....toytech....revtech...Sway-a-way.... SAWs.... Donahoes.... Pro comp..... "fit 33s".......

that is all i have for now :2cents:

camaddy
04-26-2005, 06:22 AM

Check out Badlands offroad park in Attica. The people there will be able to point you in the direction of some local fabricators or shops.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

hytenor
04-26-2005, 12:20 PM
actually, he'll need new rims to run 305s. 285s will fit on stock rims though.

tacomalo
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM

God BLess.

I've got the same truck minus the TRD option, I'm running 33's and about 3.5 inches of suspension and 3 inches of body lift and the tires still rub on a hard bump at full turn lock. Here's a link to my pics and you'll get an idea of what it'll look like.. www.cardomain.com/id/albertophjr
currently I have TX suicide spacers up front and Alcan leaf springs in the back with the PA 3" body lift. As far as cost the tires and rims will be the biggest expense, only to be outdone by the cost of a 4 or 6 inch ProComp or Trailmaster lift kit that's running a couple thousand give or take. Drop me an email if you need some help out there I can ask Bear to give you some help if you need it.

BET

TacomaNova
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
actually, he'll need new rims to run 305s. 285s will fit on stock rims though.

you got 33s and stock rims :)