: Tire Chain fitment ~32" tires

mudferret
12-14-2004, 01:31 PM
After watching SteveO slaughter the competition last weekend with his nifty v-bar tire chains, I'm thinking I want a set.

Wondering if anyone with 265/75/16's or 32" tires has run a v-bar type tire chain with 1.5" of lift in the rear?

I realize that fitment will vary, but I'm just looking for a general idea of how close I can expect to come to tagging my fender flares at full flex with the chains on.

SteveO
12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Rob, not sure if I told you this or not but when I got home and the ice melted off my flares I found a couple gouges from the chains. Turns out they do rub a bit with 33's and about 5" lift out back. Now I need to make a 1/2" block so I don't tear the flares off next time so I figure you'd need about 5" 's or so.

mudferret
12-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Bump up to the top.

hytenor
12-18-2004, 07:53 PM
After watching SteveO slaughter the competition last weekend with his nifty v-bar tire chains, I'm thinking I want a set.

Wondering if anyone with 265/75/16's or 32" tires has run a v-bar type tire chain with 1.5" of lift in the rear?

I realize that fitment will vary, but I'm just looking for a general idea of how close I can expect to come to tagging my fender flares at full flex with the chains on.

since the 265/75s are the same width as OE tires you should be ok. get your rear tires fully stuffed and measure the clearance you have. Eyeball it for chain width and guess? ;) just don't try them up front, LOL