: Body Squeaks

StevenK
04-26-2005, 11:51 PM
My stock 99 Tacoma 4 x 4 regular cab with 51,000 miles has an annoying squeak that appears to be coming from under the bed behind the passengers seat. Sounds like 3 canaries chirping......and only occurs under slight deceleration at speeds between 20 and 45. I would appreciate any imput that anyone might have. Thanks! Steve

spill_02
04-27-2005, 01:12 AM
my truck would do the exact same thing and still does once in a while, i have the slightest idea what it could be though so guess im in the same boat :confused:

Fishbone
04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
Maybe a bad u-joint? Grease all your u-joints, see if it goes away.

Lagarre
04-27-2005, 09:08 AM
My stock 99 Tacoma 4 x 4 regular cab with 51,000 miles has an annoying squeak that appears to be coming from under the bed behind the passengers seat. Sounds like 3 canaries chirping......and only occurs under slight deceleration at speeds between 20 and 45. I would appreciate any imput that anyone might have. Thanks! Steve
Like Fishbone said, grease all the U-joints also you may want to spray a little WD40 near the ends of the leafs where they rub each other. You may need to jack the truck up a little so you can spray in between the leafs.

BamaTRD
10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
I know this post was a long time ago, but I recently encountered the same prob. Mine only squeaks when you let of the gas and coast, as soon I hit the gas again, it goes away. U-joints probaly?

hawaiianbro
10-28-2005, 09:47 AM
I know this post was a long time ago, but I recently encountered the same prob. Mine only squeaks when you let of the gas and coast, as soon I hit the gas again, it goes away. U-joints probaly?

is this when you put it in neutral and coast? or you deaccelerating with the clutch engaged?

it could also be a bad center support carrier bearing.....i just replaced mine a month ago....squeaking never came back. and it only took about 30 mins to install.