: Sycamore, a rafting we will go...

soaz
02-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Did some exploring with a couple of friends yesterday.
Pics and story are up at:
www.soaztim.com

Teasers
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i190/soaz/Trips%20and%20Adventures/2-3-08%20Sycamore/sycamore054.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i190/soaz/Trips%20and%20Adventures/2-3-08%20Sycamore/Tim-4.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i190/soaz/Trips%20and%20Adventures/2-3-08%20Sycamore/sycamore018.jpg

Heatstroke
02-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Last time I was out there with that kind of water, life rescue was landing right there. They were coming in to pick up a kid who flipped his quad up by the quartz mine. He'd a been dead with out his helmet as his head was crushed between a rock and the handle bars. A passing jeep guy told the person with him to haul ass and call for help. The jeep guy knowing that the helicopter would land by the river brought the kid down just as rangers showed up to guide the copter in. Ranger said the kid was jacked up.

That area is much much more fun with the water flowing. Way less ass hat people tearing up and down like rogue missiles.

Captkirkyota
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Last time I went with that much water, everything in the door side pockets floated out into the cab and when I opened my doors about 50 gallons of water poured out the doors and my truck stunk like Rosie O'donel's crotch for about 4 months! :eek: :lmao:

Heatstroke
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes it was quite smelly for quite some time. The summer time temps didn't help any either, especially when you'd forget to leave the windows cracked.

soaz
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Last time I went with that much water, everything in the door side pockets floated out into the cab and when I opened my doors about 50 gallons of water poured out the doors and my truck stunk like Rosie O'donel's crotch for about 4 months! :eek: :lmao:
DOH! That is a stank! I was lucky. No water inside the cab or doors. It was weird to see it pooring out of the framerails for 30 or so seconds after leaving the water... Yikes!

Last time I was out there with that kind of water, life rescue was landing right there. They were coming in to pick up a kid who flipped his quad up by the quartz mine. He'd a been dead with out his helmet as his head was crushed between a rock and the handle bars. A passing jeep guy told the person with him to haul ass and call for help. The jeep guy knowing that the helicopter would land by the river brought the kid down just as rangers showed up to guide the copter in. Ranger said the kid was jacked up.

That area is much much more fun with the water flowing. Way less ass hat people tearing up and down like rogue missiles.

Thankfully, no asshats around. Lots of trash, but no cars to be seen. They have really trashed that area!

Dirt4dinner
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Tim,
My phone must be broken...I NEVER GOT THE INVITE!!!!

fabjunkie
02-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Tim,
My phone must be broken...I NEVER GOT THE INVITE!!!!

X2!!

BOVADS
02-08-2008, 01:09 PM
x3

soaz
02-10-2008, 06:27 PM
OH SNAP!!:D
I'm blaming ELVOTA. He invited me! It was his run! :lmao:

GreySky72
02-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I wanna come play too! I don't have any friends with trucks to go out with