: Long time listener First time caller.

jeep crasher
02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm Dave. Enough with the formal intro so now you can flame away on being the only dedicated jeeper in ttora. My feelings are "FRAGILE" (that's italian) so be gentle. I live in the country on the east side of Indy and i'm working on a small jeep project of my own. Hopefully i'll be done in time for takeover.

60 front 14 rear
arb front and rear
stretched to 102"
tube front fenders and comp cut rear fenders

I AM OUT

D

El Rocanrolero
02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
hey, wrong ride for all the right reasons right?

no but that's a sweet looking cj you got there, hopefully i'll see you at the takeover!

Bear
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Well at least you took the "first step" you are admitting having a "jeep" problem! :D

It is about time you decided to participate!

Bear
02-12-2008, 10:33 PM
As most of the regulars, uhmmm, I mean the ones that have been on most of the runs and attended most of the meetings, Ya'll should recognized Dave as our honary member. The trivia King of TTORA blah, blah, blah.

For the others that have not had the pleasure of meeting him...He may drive a Heep (h is only one letter away from J) Dave is definitely someone you want to have on a trail with you, and he is pretty "decent" with a metal gluer and hot wrench.

brinner
02-13-2008, 12:04 PM
yeah but how steady is his hand at scrabble? Thats what i want to know! :D

Bear
02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
you are just hoping to find out how "steady" his hands are for yourself :D

brightlightexpress
02-13-2008, 12:32 PM
i wanna get in on this steadiness, but hey u can probably help me i just started an 80 cj5 project!

Hagan34
02-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm Dave. Enough with the formal intro so now you can flame away on being the only dedicated jeeper in ttora. My feelings are "FRAGILE" (that's italian) so be gentle. I live in the country on the east side of Indy and i'm working on a small jeep project of my own. Hopefully i'll be done in time for takeover.

60 front 14 rear
arb front and rear
stretched to 102"
tube front fenders and comp cut rear fenders

I AM OUT

D

Huh thats not going to be any good. too "FRAGILE" (Its Italian you know), LOL

Hagan34
02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Dave is definitely someone you want to have on a trail with you, and he is pretty "decent" with a metal gluer and hot wrench.

you'd never make it off the trail if Dave wasnt with you. To all that hasnt been on any of the runs. Dave knows/works on Bear Attack more then Bear does.

small story......

1st time i meet Berry/Pam, Dave/Jen also happends to be the 1st SAS run on Bear Attack. They came down to Kentucky, AKA God Country, to wheel one of the nicer places to trail ride. the Second hole we come to Bear wants to "streach" his legs. coming out of the hole....BANG!!!! the front drive shaft U-Joint starp pulls out of the pinon flang. I work my way through the group to let them now whats going on... by the time i get back up to Bear Attack Dave is under it with wrenchs, screw drivers and hammer, while Bear is handing him the tools he needs. :rolleyes:

He's also pretty handy to have around the firepit at night too!

jeep crasher
02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
i wanna get in on this steadiness, but hey u can probably help me i just started an 80 cj5 project!
first, thank you Mr. Hagan
since i started this thread i can hijack it.

whats up with the cj-5 and how big do you want to go?

Bear
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
He is bigger than I am, and he wouldn't let me under the truck!:o

I could'a fixed that ujoint!

Oh! last time at Harlan, who was under YOUR hood working on your power steering???????

answer: Dave!

smart ass ;)

Hagan34
02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
He is bigger than I am, and he wouldn't let me under the truck!

OK and now you know why.

it was just a hose in my case. i tried to get my hand in there, but you should have seen the look he gave me!

Bear
02-14-2008, 11:48 AM
OK and now you know why.

it was just a hose in my case. i tried to get my hand in there, but you should have seen the look he gave me!

Probably the same look I got on the ujoint! :D

phishtaco
02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
you'd never make it off the trail if Dave wasnt with you. To all that hasnt been on any of the runs. Dave knows/works on Bear Attack more then Bear does.

small story......

1st time i meet Berry/Pam, Dave/Jen also happends to be the 1st SAS run on Bear Attack. They came down to Kentucky, AKA God Country, to wheel one of the nicer places to trail ride. the Second hole we come to Bear wants to "streach" his legs. coming out of the hole....BANG!!!! the front drive shaft U-Joint starp pulls out of the pinon flang. I work my way through the group to let them now whats going on... by the time i get back up to Bear Attack Dave is under it with wrenchs, screw drivers and hammer, while Bear is handing him the tools he needs. :rolleyes:

He's also pretty handy to have around the firepit at night too!
I remember that day......Dave took control of the Bear Attack. Good guy to have on the trail with ya. Someday my FJ40 will break and I hope one of you smart mechanic types will be there. I only play a mechanic on the internet.

Bear
02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
I remember that day......Dave took control of the Bear Attack. Good guy to have on the trail with ya. Someday my FJ40 will break and I hope one of you smart mechanic types will be there. I only play a mechanic on the internet.

sure! you are only a "virtual mechanic"! :D

:xofftopic I referred someone in Ohio to you regarding your FJ knowledge!

Oh! and that one trip was also the trip Dave took a soda straw and sucked out that "puddle water" out of the other Dave's cherokee's air box. :D

steve h
02-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Dave, I think your screen name needs to include the word "token" in it.

Good luck with the build.

phishtaco
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I forgot about the muddy, horse shat water he was sucking on.

Bear
02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
that was the reason I broke that ujoint strap in the first place, I was messing around in that "water trap" waiting on everyone to "drain the cherokee"