: The funny noises your truck makes in the winter

brinner
02-14-2008, 09:18 AM
lets hear'em

Fuod
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
How about the scraping sound you get while driving over freshly plowed snow mounds? I've pissed off many a plow driver! :D

That is what you meant, right?

jason6746
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
i've got this nice squeak when i push clutch in. i am hoping that it is just a rubber something or other that needs lubed.

also like the breaking sound of all the shocks being unstuck on all the really cold mornings.

Bear
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I get this really high pitched right under the windshield/cowling area when I first start up the truck in the morning. It sounds like the truck is in major pain. Reminds me of a rabbit with a broke neck or something. I believe it is the power booster freezing up and only happens for about 45 seconds about 5 minutes after I first start the truck. then the truck warms up and everything is smooth and fine again!

First time I heard it I almost had a wreck it startled me so bad!

I also have a typical spring creeking, Oh wait a second that is a normal noise with SASed vehicles :D

brinner
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
yeah i usually get a snap from all my shocks getting unfrozen and i love the sound of the e-brake popping loose after its frozen during the night. For awhile there i must have had some loose ice in the bed cause any change in movement front to back caused this subtle "thud" that had me worried, but then it warmed up above freezing and the problem went away. Oh yeah and when its really cold, my clutch pedal almost wants to stay on the floor after i depress it to start the truck.......nnnniiiicccceeeee

ron86toy
02-18-2008, 02:46 PM
before I even start the truck there is this big slam:confused: .....I also get a squeal that Bear stated

Wait!!!!!...I figured out the slam......the damn doors are on it:D

Bear
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
glad you clarified the slam! I figured it was your fat ass hitting the frozen seat! :flipoff3: :D

any idea on that squeel? I am guessing something to do with the vacuum booster but I would think another noise would be present if the diagram was in "play"

ron86toy
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
glad you clarified the slam! I figured it was your fat ass hitting the frozen seat! :flipoff3: :D

any idea on that squeel? I am guessing something to do with the vacuum booster but I would think another noise would be present if the diagram was in "play"

I think mine is from my p/s pump......since it is modified that is the only thing I can think of.....I do have a new booster/master(off of an LC80),which may be it because I did not not have the squeal last year with my modified pump.

Bear
02-18-2008, 03:55 PM
my squeal is definitely not my power steering. It comes from directly under the cowling on the drivers side, and my power steering pump is out front of the block on the passenger side.

FYI: I ordered my seats :D

but I might have to put up with the "syndrome" you thought about…I ordered the vinyl because the guy said it lasted a lot longer than the fabric seats. But they are developing seat covers that should fit them which will be out in about a month or so.

ron86toy
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
you better get them covers....first hot day and no A/C you are going to come home with rash ass!!!But it may be cheaper to buy baby powder than the covers ....I sure as hell would not want to be Pam when you need an application tho:D

Bear
02-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Buddy, you forget where I come from! In South Texas it gets into the 90's by March, even the lightest of colors of interiors feel hot.

Besides we ride horses in them thar parts of the country! in blue jeans in 95+ degree weather. We ain't like you candy Asses up there in Michigan :D

But if all else fails...I will just flip that ole A/C switch. since I still have doors and windows I can cool down my rig pretty well. unlike some with 4runners with 218 dents in the vehicle. :lmao:

(man this is easier than shooting fish in a barrel! :rofl: you are giving me too many openings!)

kawracer41
02-19-2008, 07:50 AM
i love the jingle jangle of my two broken rear springs and the wooosh of air rushing in from the bad seal on my door caused by a roll over.

Sweendogie
02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
my seat squeeks and i have a dirty rattle that is coming from the dash that really makes me happy:cool:

Bear
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
what year model is your truck? there was a TSB on a dash rattle back in the day on the '98 taco's (if I remember which year was effected correctly)

Sweendogie
02-20-2008, 06:44 PM
its a 97

Bear
02-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't remember if the '97's were effected by the TSB or not. I never have had a rattle that I can remember. That or all the other rattles, pops and moans have drowned them out.:D mine is a '97 as well.