: Another Hoosier

HoosierTacoma08
02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi all, thought I would introduce myself to the Chapter.

My name is Jared, I live in Columbus, I recently traded my 2000 Tundra and purchased a new Tacoma. I come from a very loyal Toyota family, my dad bought his first, a Celica in the early 80's and Toyota's are all we've had since. So my choice to continue the tradition was pretty easy.

I'm really enjoying my new wheels, but its been hard not hitting the trails quite as hard with my stocker. My plan is to get rolling on it in the spring and build it into an expedition rig. I won't bore everyone with all the detail's, but I would appreciate any gear suggestions and/or tips too making my build the most productive.

Thanks for reading. :cool:

Oh....Here's the new truck. :D

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k39/CROC_01/t100_4210.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k39/CROC_01/t100_4212.jpg

Fuod
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the club HoosierTacoma!

That is a beautiful truck! I still have an '04, but I see no reason to swap her. Hell, she only has a little over 22,000 miles on her... :D

You might want to check out the "Events" section of this forum, there is a chapter meeting (http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1153138#post1153138) this Sunday (the 24th) on the West side of Indpls. Attendance isn't mandatory (I can't make it), but it would be a great way for you to meet several other Indiana members.

We have some awesome people in this chapter, but you need to watch out for the one they call "Bear". I won't go into details, just be warned! :D

I'm just glad you're not from the Lafayette area... :lmao:

jason6746
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
welcome, nice looking truck. but the meeting is on sunday so dont listen to d.c.
I'm just glad you're not from the Lafayette area...
and what is wrong with lafayette?:mad:

Fuod
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
...but the meeting is on sunday so dont listen to d.c.
Sorry, I fixed the date... I never said I was smart... :p

and what is wrong with lafayette?:mad:
There's nothing wrong with Lafayette, it just seems like there are enough members there to do a hostile InTTORA takover (yeah, pun intended)... :D

HoosierTacoma08
02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I talked to the one they call "Bear" a few days ago (in the keyboard language) and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.

I wish I could make the meeting Sunday but I've got company coming from Michiana (my old stomping grounds). Do you guys have a meet every month or so?

Fuod
02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
...I talked to the one they call "Bear" a few days ago....and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.
Exactly! He's a really nice guy, and that scares the hell outta me! Just don't mention anything SAS related, he'll talk your ear off! :)

Do you guys have a meet every month or so?
Well... A monthly meeting is the goal, but goals aren't always met... ;)

Bear
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Man! you are "cruising" aren't you? Surprised you didn't make any warnings about mentioning Texas!:mad:

:D

To Hooser: again welcome, glad you found the little cyber joint us derilects hang out at! and don't listen to DC, he is just jealous he can't hit the trails as much as some of us other wheelers!

regarding monthly meetings, we do try to get together at least once a month rather it be in a controlled "wet" environment, or out on the trails.

Also regarding turning your rig into an expedition rig. Look up Sierra Expeditions. Talk to either Wil or Wendy. They are good vendors of such equipment you are going to be interested in. They are sponsors of TTORA so mention being a member of the club and there is possibly a club discount in it for you. Also tell them I said hello! I bought my winch line from them as well as they donated for our Xmas raffle.

jeep crasher
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
As the only jeep guy in the group, get rid of the toyota and get a jeep.

welcome to the club.

A little bit of advice is i hope you have tough skin to take all of the teasing that goes on around here.

HoosierTacoma08
02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Get a jeep?......you must be a comedian. lol

I don't have anything against jeeps, just Chrysler-Dodge Crap. I lived in New Castle (Chrysler Town) for 6 years and our family took a beating for having Toyota's. It was like some sick cult, everyone had either a Dodge truck or a Chrysler minivan in the drive. Funny thing was half were on blocks. After Chrysler sold everyone out more and more yota's started showing up, crazy how it changed in just 6 years.

After that place I can handle a little teasing from some yota fans.

Bear
02-21-2008, 07:26 AM
welcome to the club.

A little bit of advice is i hope you have tough skin to take all of the teasing that goes on around here.

Teasing? there is no teasing that occurs around here! what are you talking about????:D

kawracer41
02-21-2008, 07:52 AM
man... another southener, when we gonna get some love for northern indiana, im feelin left out ;)

any way glad you found us here and nice lookin truck.

Bear
02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Well then you are charged with the task of recruiting more from your area! :D

don't complain if you don't want to be part of the solution! hee hee hee

kawracer41
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
hahaha... not that we have any wheelin places up here any way, guess im just jealous of your access to trails.

HoosierTacoma08
02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
man... another southener, when we gonna get some love for northern indiana, im feelin left out ;)

any way glad you found us here and nice lookin truck.

If it makes you feel any better I claim Nothern Indiana. I lived In Elkhart for 11 1/2 years.

brinner
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
welcome and nice fresh meat...i mean new truck :D i would advise you to not go any higher than 4.10's if you want an "expedition rig"

kawracer41
02-21-2008, 12:21 PM
were practically neighbors then, i live in goshen by the college. im so close i can smell the patchouli oil baking off the hippies in the summertime, lol.

do you ever come back to elkhart?

Bear
02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
access to trails???????

I have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to a park:mad:

again when I lived where I used to (omitted as to not to offend D.C) I had places to wheel at without leaving the city limits!

Oh and we also never minded driving to the trails even if it did take 8 hours. It typically took more than 9 hours just to get over the state lines. :D

One thing about off roading, you can always get to a trail, just depends how much "you want it"

kawracer41
02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
while i cant deny that there are trails here you have to be willing to have farmers/construction workers chase you off the property which unfourtinately for the most part i have outgrown. other than that its about 3 1/2 hours for me to get to the badlands (my truck would be constantly muddy if it were only 45 min) and wheeling in michigan is usually just sand dunes if your going to go to silver lake which is fine but it takes about 1/2 hour to cover the park and then your just going over the same sand as when you got there. maybe i am just not hangin out with the right crowd so when Mr. HoosierTacoma08 comes home he could show something ive been missing, but high school was all about finding some place to tear it up so i think ive exhausted my optionsfor the area. if anyone wants to meet at the badlands ever i can pull off that drive but 8 or 9 hours is kind of a stretch if its more than once or twice a year.

Bear
02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
yea, it is highly discourage to Trespass to wheel.

Even in Tejas it was getting harder and harder to wheel due to locations being shut down and all the politics.

We go to the badlands quite often as a club, in fact that is one of the meeting topics I want to cover this Sunday at the meeting.

and if you don't like driving more than 8-9 hours…you would hate Texas.:D

Fuod
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
...again when I lived where I used to (omitted as to not to offend D.C)...

...Even in Tejas it was getting harder and harder to wheel...

…you would hate Texas.:D
No comment... :lmao:

HoosierTacoma08
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
were practically neighbors then, i live in goshen by the college. im so close i can smell the patchouli oil baking off the hippies in the summertime, lol.

do you ever come back to elkhart?

I was up there the second week of January visiting some friends. I'm trying to get back up there before the weather gets warm and my busy work season starts. When I was up in Jan. I ate at Hacienda 4 times, man I miss that place. :D If I do get back up maybe we could find a place to wheel some?

Jared

kawracer41
02-22-2008, 07:26 AM
sounds great! why do you want to get here before it gets warm? do you snowboard/ski?

HoosierTacoma08
02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
sounds great! why do you want to get here before it gets warm? do you snowboard/ski?

Once it gets warm work will keep me close to home base. I'm in charge of a landscaping/industrial lawncare crew, so when the season starts it gets busy fast. This time of year I do snow removal so I'm a little more flexible. Sorry if parts of this don't make sence, I just woke up after an 18 hour shift.
:( :whip:

Jared