TTORA Forum banner

Landcruiser rims swap

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lispeej 
#1 ·
I just bought a 1992 Landcruiser and want to swap rims with a set of 16" alloy rims off a 2002 Tundra. Is this a direct fit?

#4 ·
From what I have read the BS is off. My 96 has 4.5in. BS. Not sure about sure about the 92. Because you have drums you can run 15 in rims as well. That should open up lot more options for you (tire and wheel combos).
Let us know what you pick.

#5 ·
you can do it. they essentially have the same axles front and rear, but your rear axle has drums. they went to the 16"ers when they started putting disk brakes all around. Also, were the 92 80 series semi floaters in the rear? seems like I remember that from somewhere.

For my opinion, stick w/ some aftermarket 15s that you like, since you can get alot more tire for a lot less money. 16" tires cost significantly more than the 15" ones.

#6 · (Edited)
I ended up selling those 16's and bought a set of 15's from discount tire. I already had a set of 31x1050r15BFG ATKO'S that were practically brandnew, so that's my story. Thanks for all the help.
Sorry for the bad picture.(The wonderful world of cell phone camera's)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.