: Pick and Pull in denver?????

usmcab35
02-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I know that there is the various yota yards in denver but i was wondering if there are any pick and pull type places. like were you pay a couple of bucks and get some tools to go pull your own parts.... thanks
:saw: :flamethro

Quick Draw
02-24-2008, 07:20 PM
THE Yota Yard is pick and pull. If you want an axle out of a truck, you better do it yourself. You do pay by part, and they might supervise you very minimally. Sometimes the prices are slightly ridiculous, but honestly, you can work with them on it, and make some deals. Also, they have to make a living somehow, and for a lot of parts, you really just don't have a choice. For example, it's very hard to find a powersteering pulley for a 5VZFE. But the Yota Yard had one....just one (only 1 5VZFE)....and it worked, so it was worth their price. I wasn't aware of any other Toyota 4x4 specific yards, but Yota Yard is the name of place at about 31st and Walnut, and for the most part, they will treat you right. I have dealt with them a few times, and have been satisfied.

tacotoy
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
There is a pull n save in aurora. but finding toyota parts there is very hard to do....

crusher auto isn't a pull it yourself place but they have great prices and any part you are looking for. I picked up a complete power steering pump for 50 bucks. i spent about 10 minutes for the guy to get it off the shelf.... depending on who is pricing stuff out you could end up paying more than that and spending more time to get that part anyways.

usmcab35
02-25-2008, 03:22 PM
thanks i check those out. i know that you have to pay by the part but i have found in Wa that a pick a part is normally cheaper than a yota type yard just cause a yota yard knows the going price and always seem to charge a whole lot more. I have been going to jims yota yard, it used to be close to I270 and york but i heard he moved somewhere in denver.

Lysmachia
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
There is also Blake's Auto Salvage in Erie that has lots of Yota's You don'tt pull it yourself but their price is pretty good too.

Asha'man
02-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Colorado Auto Parts in Englewood is a total pick and pull, you do everything yourself and they really don't care what you do there. They have Yotas scattered in with all the other trucks (mostly Jeeps and Ranger/BII's), so it's the luck of the draw.

Lysmachia
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Can you call ahead and find out what they have? At Blakes I know you can they try and keep what they have on hand in their old but working database...

But maybe that's the sport of it all.. not knowing what you'll find... LOL

Son of Mayhem
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Jim's yard is up there(previous owner of Yota yard before his wife took it)

There is also A'J salvage down here in Colorado Springs that is yota only and he pulls, pretty reasonable.

usmcab35
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
hey mayhem do you know where he moved to??? i got a few things from his yard when he was near I270, but i was told that it isnt there anymore. hey asha do you know the address for that place?? That sounds like what i am looking for. I need to get a door asap cause someone broke into my truck when i was in seattle and broke the glass and punched a hole in the door to get the lock out. Why they did both is beyond me, and they did all that to steal a torn up old dirty hoodie.

Son of Mayhem
02-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't but he puts adds on Craigslist all the time. His name is Jim.

Son of Mayhem
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
4210 Jackson Street
Denver Co 80216
Yoda Jim 303-506-5119
www.jimsgotparts.com

Yoda Jim
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks i check those out. i know that you have to pay by the part but i have found in Wa that a pick a part is normally cheaper than a yota type yard just cause a yota yard knows the going price and always seem to charge a whole lot more. I have been going to jims yota yard, it used to be close to I270 and york but i heard he moved somewhere in denver.

Hi, I work for Jim he has moved to:
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts
4210 Jackson Street
Denver Co 80216

he beats yota yard prices

Lysmachia
03-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Saweet! Thanks for the info!

usmcab35
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I ended up going to jims, he always has what i want and for a great price. Plus i got some cool stickers too, can you say horsepower gains???