: Ky Guys

Hagan34
02-28-2008, 10:23 AM
New Home page is up. www.ky-ttora.com take a look let me know what you think, still need to do some work on the members page (thats going to be a job) and got a couple ideas for the home page too.

steve h
02-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Not too bad for a rookie web designer. Of course you need some pictures of my truck on there to make it better.:D

Can you make it so if somebody does a google search it will show up, cause I tried and it didn't.

Hoss
02-28-2008, 11:55 AM
bit*hin'

Better than I could have done, for sure.

Hagan34
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Not too bad for a rookie web designer. Of course you need some pictures of my truck on there to make it better.:D

Can you make it so if somebody does a google search it will show up, cause I tried and it didn't.

I'll see what i can do, i know it said something about it might take 24-48 hrs for it to come up with search engines.

and yes I'll have some pics of your truck on there soon. got to get them all resized and stuff, so they look good you know.

Also Shannon PM'd me and said he would TRY to knock out our forum this weekend :D

mossytaco
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Looking pretty good!

Hagan34
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Also

Id Like to get a pic of everyones Rig and a Face pic is at possiable.

nees1212
02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Looks like my work blocks everything but the home page. :mad:

phishtaco
02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
It's just wonderful

Bear
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Also

Id Like to get a pic of everyones Rig and a Face pic is at possiable.

those are fittingly called "mug shots"! BTW!

Hagan34
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
seesm like the other board is finally gone. it is a sad day :D

Hagan34
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
looks liek we didnt get our gorum this weekend so we may be guess a little longer.

nees1212
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
looks liek we didnt get our gorum this weekend so we may be guess a little longer.

Are you drinking? :p

Bear
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
it looks like it doesn't it? Michael hasn't ever been a very good typist though.:D

but he is probably drowing his sorrows from not getting the board this weekend.

Hagan34
03-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Are you drinking? :p

wow! no but maybe i should be.

brinner
03-04-2008, 08:05 PM

thats just impressive:D

Hoss
03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Site looks good, Mike.

Bear
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
you went and done it again!

comments like that, go straight to his head! :D

Hoss
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Mike, your work on the new site is above adequate, however, you can't type for shit. In fact, if you were indeed typing for shit, you wouldn't even get a sniff.

Is that better, Papa Bear?:)

Bear
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
well getting better, I see he is also promoting Poser rigs on the front page. :D which I don't think is Indicative of Kentucky wheelers is it?

:D oh! I am so going to get it for that comment!

to amends for that, I must admit his junk hasn't broken as much as mine has…but then again I may just wheel harder. bah ha ha! (I just can't dig my way out) but it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hoss
03-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I see he is also promoting Poser rigs on the front page.

<----sheds a single tear as heart was broken and manhood exposed with a single sentence.

Yeah, I have to agree, yer truck takes a lotta TLC. Both times we've wheeled together I've found myself standing around yer truck and scratching my head as I watch you roll around under it.:)

Maybe it's time to punt. Put her down and out of her misery. Save those long nights of wrenching for the FJ.

Bear
03-05-2008, 03:04 PM
<----sheds a single tear as heart was broken and manhood exposed with a single sentence.

what are you talking about? your rig is not on the front page, which it should be as you have a very well thought out list of mods on it!

and yes, my truck is destined to be a work in progress for the rest of it's natural days. Wait there is nothing natural left on my truck! LOL

But have you ever noticed, Nothing on my truck that has broken has been anything major yet? just little nagging B.S

(oh great now I am going to have a complete engine failure now that I said that!)

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
as far as the pics on the front page, I had to go with what i had at the moment and wante to show the extreams Stock to SAS, no one in the club as a Truggy or Buggy so :p the only pics of hoss's truck i have are from the 1st run which was stock and one from harlan that you can see his bumper and front diff :confused: got a little upset when i went through the Harlan pics and didnt have many of him or steve.

Thanks for the comments on the site, and by all means if you find a typo or mis-spelled word LET ME KNOW i suck at both of those. more then once i have google a word to see if its spelled right.

Im also open for ideas.

Bear
03-05-2008, 05:15 PM
you know I am giving you a hard time! everything looks good!

FYI: if I have time while I am typing. I will throw open either Microsoft word or my email account and type the spelling of a word the closest I can come with, and let that spell checker check the spelling for me. Just a little tip I learned along the way. Not 100% perfect but it gets me to where I am going.

Fuod
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
TTORA has a built in spell check, you will have to install a small software package and allow the control to run.

Look on the upper right of the reply form (or on the advanced form).

http://www.itzoe.net/joe/images/speelcheck.jpg

brinner
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
waht is this spel chek that you speek uv?

Fuod
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
waht is this spel chek that you speek uv?
:rofl:

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM
TTORA has a built in spell check, you will have to install a small software package and allow the control to run.

Look on the upper right of the reply form (or on the advanced form).

http://www.itzoe.net/joe/images/speelcheck.jpg

ok now i really feel stupid, wheres the advacne form :confused:

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
:rofl:

the bad thing is i can read it just fine :rolleyes:

Fuod
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
ok now i really feel stupid, wheres the advacne form :confused:

In that same image look at the button on the bottom (the button is also on the bottom of this page). It will take you to the advanced form. It's the same form you go to when you click "Reply". The form at the bottom of this page is just the "Quick Reply" form.

Bear
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
In that same image look at the button on the bottom (the button is also on the bottom of this page). It will take you to the advanced form. It's the same form you go to when you click "Reply". The form at the bottom of this page is just the "Quick Reply" form.

I have been on the TTORA boards since the "Delphi days" and I have never noticed that icon! Good job Joe!

and you can't have Marvin as your Avatar. He has been my Loonie toons character since before I was married. If you want you can continue to use that "other" most recent Avatar you had up.

and quit getting your panties in an uproar. I just said you pushing the envelope a little close on the wife comments!

Bear
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
So did I do those images justice with the post production work?

That orange rig really pops off the page! What do you think of the web pages Joe built?

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
still dont see it. went advacned and all.

Yeah they look good, I'll have to learn that CC trick

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Ok i think the question should be the small software package, where is that at.

Bear
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
CC'n takes some practice, but after you get the hang of things and can "calibrate" your eye, it is not too hard. Just use a quality software such as Adobe Photo-shop ($$$)

Look up in the blue field above your text box you are typing in. YOU can't miss it

Bear
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I just installed it after reading Joe's post. click on the spell checker icon and a promp will pop up that will tell you, that you need to down load the software onto your machine.

warning though if you try doing it as you are posting, you will loose your text that you are trying to post.

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I just installed it after reading Joe's post. click on the spell checker icon and a promp will pop up that will tell you, that you need to down load the software onto your machine.

warning though if you try doing it as you are posting, you will loose your text that you are trying to post.

any chance of me not having it due to firefox?

Bear
03-05-2008, 10:15 PM
yea! that is a possibility, in fact I was thinking about that for my work computer, it is a mac and running Safari.

Could be interesting also.

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
My new Laptop will be a MacBook Pro and run Safari, Ive been dreaming of it since i went to the Apple store and play with them for a a couple hours. got to get the truck on the road, the rest of my scuba gear then the mac.

got to get a job

Fuod
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I have been on the TTORA boards since the "Delphi days" and I have never noticed that icon! Good job Joe!

and you can't have Marvin as your Avatar. He has been my Loonie toons character since before I was married. If you want you can continue to use that "other" most recent Avatar you had up.

and quit getting your panties in an uproar. I just said you pushing the envelope a little close on the wife comments!

Now wait a sec... I can't be a fan of Marvin also? :eek: Marvin is awesome! I'll think about it...

My panties are NOT in an uproar, although they are a bit tight... :D But, admittedly, I did have a few drinks last night and my sense of humor tends to warp a bit... My humble apologies...

BTW, I'm doing this reply within Fire Fox and there is NOT a spell check button. But wait, there's more... Ever notice (in Fire Fox) as you are typing a reply those little red lines that appear under some words? Yeah, those are misspelled or unrecognized words. Kinda nifty if you ask me... Next I'll have to check this out in Opera!

Joe

Fuod
03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Next I'll have to check this out in Opera!
Well, I'm in Opera and I don't see any sort of spell check... Bummer! :(

Bear
03-05-2008, 10:41 PM
yup! I think we have talked about all that before.:D

Hagan34
03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
BTW, I'm doing this reply within Fire Fox and there is NOT a spell check button. But wait, there's more... Ever notice (in Fire Fox) as you are typing a reply those little red lines that appear under some words? Yeah, those are misspelled or unrecognized words. Kinda nifty if you ask me... Next I'll have to check this out in Opera!

Joe

that must be a plug-in for firefox cause i dont have red lines either

nees1212
03-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Just use a quality software such as Adobe Photo-shop ($$$)

At least point him towards Elements. Photoshop is expensive, but very nice. :D

Bear
03-06-2008, 07:07 AM
no experience with "Elements" so I am only going to recommend what I know. In the professional graphic world I live in, Photo shop is the only photo software used unless it is camera specific software.

Others I have heard that are good are Light room (by adobe to compliment Photo shop as well as a few others that are on the tip of my tongue.

Sorry.

Bear
03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Now wait a sec... I can't be a fan of Marvin also? :eek: Marvin is awesome! I'll think about it...

My panties are NOT in an uproar, although they are a bit tight... :D But, admittedly, I did have a few drinks last night and my sense of humor tends to warp a bit... My humble apologies...

Joe

It's all good, and I figured that was the reasoning behind the comments. I was just letting you know you needed to tone "those" down some. No one likes to hear/see comments like yours about one's wife.

Marvin is acceptable, but he was my first truck mascot, before the family decided to get carried away with my bear "theme" but you can have him. I would rather see him out there than shoved in a "Closet" somewhere! :D

and on Mac's safari, I do not have the spell checker feature either, but I do get the mis-spelled alert underline as well.

so I guess we have established that the spell checker feature is only available through explorer.

nees1212
03-06-2008, 07:19 AM
It's basically a smaller, and much cheaper, version of photoshop. It pretty much has everything you need to edit photos. We were going to buy it until we got a free copy of photoshop cs.

Bear
03-06-2008, 07:26 AM
but how extensive is Elements? I mean can you make all the adjustments such as your levels and curves or is it filter driven, more for manipulation?

I need to get a photo software for the house, so I might look in to it if it is comparable to P.S. but I have a hard believing it would match up to the ole tried and true tool I have always used.:o

So how did you get a free copy of Cs if you don't mind me asking?

One thing about the Adobe applications…they are memory hogs! I don't even think my machine at home could hold all of it unless I finally add the second hard drive I had rebuilt and let sit for months now. But then again it is also Pc, intended for the kids (homework) which I am not a large fan of Pc's to begin with.

nees1212
03-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I think Elements can be had for a little under $100. It's an Adobe application that pulls the basic photo editing functions from Photoshop. I've never used it, but when we picked up a DSLR, many people highly recommended it as I wasn't spending @$800 for Photoshop.

My wife's grandfather had a copy that he gave us. My wife has been learning all that stuff, and I've done a few things with it as I took some football pics of my wife's cousin and my nephew this past fall.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/nees1212/football/austinZ.jpg

And yes, it's definitely a memory hog. However, I don't think Elements would be that bad.

Bear
03-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Not bad! not bad at all! (football collage')

I am going to have to look further into Elements, you have gotten my interest up. I have been wanting a software at the house so I can do my personal stuff at home instead of at work. This maybe a way for me to do it.

Oh you shared, so it is only fair I share, Sorry for the link but it is all I can muster right now. http://sawebs.com/medleyphoto/

I built all the collage's on the site including the backgrounds. The site is old, old, old. I haven't updated it in over 6 years. But it shows what I used to do when I ran my own photo business.

nees1212
03-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. All I see are red x's, but that's do to my work network. I'm actually surprised they don't have it blocked. :rolleyes: I had to pull the pic from above from a different forum I frequent, because I have it on a pic hosting website that my work has blocked, otherwise, I would've just provided the link. It was the first thing I've done with photoshop, and I did another of my cousin. It's pretty basic stuff, but hey, it's a start. Since we bought the camera, I have to take it to every sporting event I go to. I have to fight the wife for it, even though it is basically hers. :D Sports photography is really the only thing I can get into photography wise.

I've heard nothing but positives about Elements, so it might be a good option. However, you being a professional and into Photoshop, it might not meet your needs/expectations.

Bear
03-06-2008, 08:37 AM
I am lucky I am in a satallite office for my company, otherwise, I am sure I.T would be all over me with my internet usage. That is one reason I want something at the house.

I'll definitely look into Elements. even it doesn't have everything I have here at work, but is compatable with P.S it may work for what I need.

thanks for the heads up on it

(and yes I miss having spell check here at work.LOL )

nees1212
03-06-2008, 08:51 AM
No problem. When I was looking, I found it to be cheapest on Amazon. However, that was a year ago.

Bear
03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
thanks!that was going to be the first "stop"!

Hoss
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Mike, what ever happened to Stu? Is he still around?

Fuod
03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
If you want a good solid freeware graphics editor try Paint.Net. The purpose of it is to eventually be a free version of PaintShop. It's got a lot of features and, I think, has an easier interface then PS. It's not as powerful as PS yet, but the important thing is that it's free!

brinner
03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, I'm in Opera and I don't see any sort of spell check... Bummer! :(

i have SeaMonkey and its not there.

Hagan34
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Mike, what ever happened to Stu? Is he still around?

Yes hes working at O'rilleys in Lexington finshing up High School and getting his stuff together for the Automotive School hes going to next year.

I talk to him on the phone every so often but the boy is just crazy busy right now.

Hope to see him around here soon, he filled out my member info PM so he does check the TTORA site :confused:

Hagan34
03-06-2008, 06:06 PM
I got Photoshop CS from Limewire pro, after i got the limewire upgrade for free from limewire basic. you gotta love that!

Apple has new program out last month Aperture 2 and I have heard great things about it ($199)

andrewmft
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Found yas!!! ;)
The new site looks really good and I'll be looking forward to finding the forums so I can ask many of my beloved questions.

and of course....Hi Indy folks!!!

nees1212
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Found yas!!! ;)
The new site looks really good and I'll be looking forward to finding the forums so I can ask many of my beloved questions.

and of course....Hi Indy folks!!!

You still building that house??

nees1212
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh you shared, so it is only fair I share, Sorry for the link but it is all I can muster right now. http://sawebs.com/medleyphoto/

I really like the carousel and ferris wheel.

Bear
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
thanks! I had to rename the carousel shot. Originally I titled it "divorce" for two reasons! But my web designer didn't feel the title conveyed a positive enough message for my images, so I renamed it.
1) I just signed my divorce papers from my first marriage the day before
and
2) I definitely felt like I was "taken for a ride" going through all that crap.

:D

Believe it or not, but the ferris wheel was shot hand held! well sorta. I did not have a tripod with me so I had to use one of those fence post (you normally see on wire fences) to steady the camera.

But thanks, always good to hear people enjoy your work.

andrewmft
03-08-2008, 09:33 AM
You still building that house??

Yep...that's the plan. Short version of our situation, we need our buyers to sell their house so we can go ahead and begin building ours. Other than, we're stuck for the time being.

nees1212
03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Yep...that's the plan. Short version of our situation, we need our buyers to sell their house so we can go ahead and begin building ours. Other than, we're stuck for the time being.

Cool. Where did you end up finding some land at? We're moving this summer, and debating on finding a little land and building, or taking advantage of all the deals with the foreclosures.

andrewmft
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
We purchased 2.29 acres in very northern pendleton county. If you blink, you're in campbell county via US 27. What are you looking at?

nees1212
03-08-2008, 01:52 PM
We purchased 2.29 acres in very northern pendleton county. If you blink, you're in campbell county via US 27. What are you looking at?

My parents got 5 in very southern Kenton County a little over a year ago. If you look over the valley, there's Pendleton. I'd love to go out that way, but with working downtown, that's a haul.

phishtaco
03-10-2008, 08:24 AM
since this has already been hijacked.....
If you guys need cabinetry for your new homes, let me know. We deal in semi-custom and custom cabinetry
www.auerkitchens.com

nees1212
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice sales pitch. :D

phishtaco
03-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Nice sales pitch. :D

You know you need some nice cabinets ;)

nees1212
03-12-2008, 07:14 AM
You know you need some nice cabinets ;)

I need to get out of this renter's paradise before doing anything else to this house. Otherwise, I might as well just throw the money in the garbage. Plus, I'm going to try to build at least the doors for my next set. ;)

phishtaco
03-12-2008, 07:27 AM
You run out of time building your own doors, then someone has to build the boxes. My F-I-L thought he would do this, so I sold him 20k worth of cabinets instead.
fyi...keep the wife happy, buy your cabinets.
anyway if you ever need help with the design let me know and I will help you out.

nees1212
03-12-2008, 07:59 AM
You run out of time building your own doors, then someone has to build the boxes. My F-I-L thought he would do this, so I sold him 20k worth of cabinets instead.
fyi...keep the wife happy, buy your cabinets.
anyway if you ever need help with the design let me know and I will help you out.

I might build the boxes too. :D It all depends on if we buy or build this summer. I want to take advantage of all the foreclosers, she wants to build. If we build, then I want to build, but that means heading further south, which I'd love to, but not with gas prices and working downtown. Plus the wife doesn't want to head south.

andrewmft
03-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd love to go out that way, but with working downtown, that's a haul.
I currently haul myself to blue ash each day...Not that bad if it weren't for the idiots that don't know how to drive and cause such delays...Fortunately, I'm in the process of switching jobs which will overall make my drive much easier...PC to Wilder.

So anywho, I received my Wheelers rims today, and of course now need to put some tires on them. I have a thread in newbie folder on the national site.
You guys mind chiming in? The thread is located here http://tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96701
It seems that I'm currently trying to decide between the Cooper STTs and the Duelers. Then again, that could change depending what you all think? :)

mossytaco
03-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I got 32X11.50 BFG A/T and like them pretty good. Did great in the snow the other day but not that good in mud. Did pretty good down at livingston before they closed. I forgot to mention that I got a heck of a deal on these tires at automate. Got everything for $588 mounted and all.

nees1212
03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
I currently haul myself to blue ash each day...Not that bad if it weren't for the idiots that don't know how to drive and cause such delays...Fortunately, I'm in the process of switching jobs which will overall make my drive much easier...PC to Wilder.

So anywho, I received my Wheelers rims today, and of course now need to put some tires on them. I have a thread in newbie folder on the national site.
You guys mind chiming in? The thread is located here http://tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96701
It seems that I'm currently trying to decide between the Cooper STTs and the Duelers. Then again, that could change depending what you all think? :)

Yeah, I would say that's quite a haul. But PC to Wilder won't be bad at all. I wish I worked on this side of the river.

As for the tires, I don't have any experience with either, but I will second the BFG ATs. I had them on my old truck, and they did just find on dry and wet roads. Also, keep in mind that if you have a gravel drive, the wider tread tires are going to throw up more gravel (obviously depending on the size of the gravel too).

Bear
03-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I saw your thread on the national board, but it has been so long since I ran A/t's I wouldn't have any good recommendations for you. I can't even remember the brand of the last A/T's I ran on my truck.

I remember them being called Wide tracks, but I can't remember the brand like I said. I want to say Baja's (off brand, but they were very good tires)

I ran them for almost two years and was able to sell them for a nice price since they looked brand new when sold. The size on them were 32x11.50x15's (yes an odd size but they were called "wide tracks") They fit the procomp wheels I had very well, but I had to install a body lift since they were wide. I actually got body rub on the front of the fender instead of the rear as you normally would with other tires.

Fuod
03-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I like these KY guys. They let us take their thread totally off-topic in multiple directions at the same time without a single complaint... :D

Bear
03-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Well it seems that they are timid about starting new threads, so any topic talked about lands in the same thread.

Guys if you want you can start new threads! :D

speaking of off topic stuff...what is going on with the take over site? why are some people having issues getting on/signing up? Got any ideas?

Fuod
03-14-2008, 10:54 PM
speaking of off topic stuff...what is going on with the take over site? why are some people having issues getting on/signing up? Got any ideas?I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the site, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking into it. I've emailed my provider to see if they know of any problems.

I need to start a new post... See ya in the next thread! :)