: Water corssing

JMacs2004
05-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I was watching the vid of a couple of pre-runners doing a lot of playing in the water.

Obviously, you don't want water in the air intake, but are there any other areas that you would need to dry out after doing something like that? Breathers in the diff? any places / seals that water might get in and do damage?

I know everything under there is ment to take spray from the rain, but saoking in a couple of feet of water seems a little more htan the engineers were designing for.

spill_02
05-02-2005, 03:55 PM
The only other thing you have to worry about is the diff breathers if they get clogged your gonna blow a seal. Personally i got some dirt or something in the yolk and it ended up scratching it, which caused a leak that the seal couldn't seal, thats the only thing that ever happened to me when i used to play in the mud.I try to stay away from that now. It's a pain having to clean the filter on an intake all the time.

mountainpete
05-02-2005, 04:02 PM
There are instructions on the diff breather extensions in the Cheap Tricks section and here:

Diff Breather Extension (http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=86&c=3)

JMacs2004
05-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Is it worth doing the breather extension if it will be a once in a while occurance?

I stay pretty much on the road. But I am not going to shy away from some water if it happens to cross my path.

Rob
05-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I think it's worth it, it really is a cheap and easy mod. A little less to worry about. Sometimes water is just unavoidable, might as well be prepared.

mountainpete
05-02-2005, 04:37 PM
It's worth it - consider it cheap insurance.