: Question

Sweendogie
03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Is it a law to have side mirrors on a vehicle ive been searching everywhere and cant find any info...:confused:

Bear
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I believe so, but not 100% on that.

I know that is one of the arguements against running a taco without doors.

why did you break one or something? If so. I found a replacement for mine for $17 off ebay.

:xofftopic are you going to be making the W.A.T on the 29th?

brinner
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
yeah i found a replacement for the one i slammed on that tree in orange. ebay, 75$ versus over a hundred fifty from dealer.

Bear
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I can't remember are your's electric? Mine I broke on orange (also) was only $17+shipping.

but then again mine is much older than yours, but the same year model as Sweenie!

Sweendogie
03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I believe so, but not 100% on that.

I know that is one of the arguements against running a taco without doors.

why did you break one or something? If so. I found a replacement for mine for $17 off ebay.

:xofftopic are you going to be making the W.A.T on the 29th?

i dont think im giong to be able to im actually going camping and fourwheeling and whatnot in kentucky from the 28th to the 2nd... thats my spring break and no i didnt break one i was just going to buy some half doors but didnt know if it was legal without them...

Bear
03-03-2008, 10:36 PM
kids! :mad:

in all seriousness, go have fun, what do you kids do up here for spring break? I am used to going to the coast (Padre Island) and having a drunken week.

Glad you are going camping instead. Where abouts are you going? Livingston?

Fuod
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure you only have to have a drivers side mirror, but then again that may only be true for older vehicles that only had the one mirror. I'd call a body shop and ask, someone has to know.

Sweendogie
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
ill probably do that thanks... were going to Pickett county its down south along the tennessee/kentucky border in the cumberland mountains its pretty cool there is a ton of trails for quads and ive seen a couple trucks back in there before and im driving so i might explore some

Bear
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Cumberland? I have been wheel'n in that area, it is actually kinda on the way to where Take Over is going to be held at. :D well kinda,

Sweendogie
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
do you remember where you went?

Bear
03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Harlan! I think you have to go through Cumberland to get to harlan.

Hoss
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
He's going down around Dale Hollow, I do believe. That puts him on this side of Harlan by about an hour.

Pickett Co. is actually in TN. Beautiful country.

Sweendogie
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
oh whooops didnt put 2 and 2 together

Hoss
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Do you fish? Some great smallmouth fishing at DH. And you'll be going at the perfect time.

kawracer41
03-04-2008, 02:56 PM
@ drunken cricket: i think your right about just a drivers side mirror. i just think that because my first yota was as basic as basic can be basic and i guess that was an option that the previous owner didnt feel like springing for because there werent even mounting holes and it was the stock door. heres how basic it was: no power steering/brakes, no flipper thingy for the rear view mirror (im pretty sure thats the technical term for that), no passenger side mirror and no tach and it was a 5 speed.

Fuod
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I used to work at a Toyota dealership as a lot boy back in '90-'91 (Butler Toyota for you Indy folk). My job was to check in and maintain (er, wash) all the new cars.

Anyway, I remember how generic some of those trucks were. Vinyl bench seat, no tach, no radio, no air, no carpet, probably no flipper thingy for the rear view mirror, metal and vinyl dashboard. But, I'll tell you what, for 4 cylinders those 4 speeds would get it around the dealer lot!

The Indpls Intl Airport used to buy there lost luggage delivery trucks from that dealership. They would trade them out about every 3 or 4 years, those generic trucks would come back with 300,000 plus miles on them. Had one with over 500,000 on it and the body was perfect. We washed it up, put it in the showroom and sold it in 2 days. I don't remember any of them that came back smoking or running bad at all, but the airport maintains them very well. From what I was told the engines only get turned off when maintenance is being performed, otherwise they are either in transit or idling waiting to go. Can you imagine running for 3 or 4 years straight! Wow! :confused:

Oops, went a bit off topic didn't I? Sorry...

@ drunken cricket: i think your right about just a drivers side mirror. i just think that because my first yota was as basic as basic can be basic and i guess that was an option that the previous owner didnt feel like springing for because there werent even mounting holes and it was the stock door. heres how basic it was: no power steering/brakes, no flipper thingy for the rear view mirror (im pretty sure thats the technical term for that), no passenger side mirror and no tach and it was a 5 speed.

jeep crasher
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
i've always been told that if your license has a restriction ( and it will say on the front) then you haveto have outside mirrors

d