: Airbag Light.

Duplexx
03-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Greetings.

I have a 98 Tacoma Reg. Cab. I was in a front ender about 2 years ago, no damage other than body. I replaced the stock bumper with the ARB bar. For some reason, the last few weeks, the airbag light has been on. It is not on 100% of the time, but its starting to scare me. I dont need an airbag deploying while Im crusin to work. Can I disable it fairly easy? Anyone able to help me maybe hook up to a diagnostic tool and find out the status? I'd really appricate it. Thanks!

Eric

Don_G
03-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I can read all the Toyota-specific OBD-II codes, but have no experience troubleshooting airbags.

Where are you?

fjcruzer
03-09-2008, 12:18 PM
x2, let us know where you are and we can try to suss it out. I'll be working on my rig near downtown Denver today.

Don_G
03-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Eric, If you need a hand, just holler. The only "work" I'm doing today is laundry!

f1ve0nethree three0nethree sevenf0ure1ght0ne

fjcruzer
03-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Eric, If you need a hand, just holler. The only "work" I'm doing today is laundry!

I'm headed to Brighton right now to return the POS spring compressors. Brandon might come down and help, but depends on his new GF. I'll be back home around 3-ish if you're in the mood. seven too zero tree tree for one seven for seven. I'm sure I can get them back on myself, but if you want a reason to use your hot tub again tonight... :D

00regcab
03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
my passenger airbag has been rattling and making a lot of noise as of late... so im kind of in the same boat as you lol

Quick Draw
03-09-2008, 09:22 PM
You could do like my brother did.... Drive it like that for several months, until it aggrivates the piss out of you, then randomly one day in a parking lot, take apart your dash and stab a pen into the light... Seemed to work for him...lol

Duplexx
03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for all the offers for help everyone. I am looking forward to getting to know the club and all of the kick ass members. I have been driver licenseless for the last year and a half, but cant wait to get involved in the club. The light has gone out for now, but I would appricate figuring out what the deal is, if that data is held in the computer. Thanks!

fjcruzer
03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
No problem, that code should be stored, so we can look at it whenever...

Chalkie
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Autozone, if there is one near you, will read the codes for you.

TowerRigger
03-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Mines been on since I swamped my truck. It freaked me for a little bit, but I think the light means it's not working. Mine hasn't popped and it's been on for a little over a year.

Blowntaco
03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
If the airbag light is on the airbags will not deploy in an accident, Shhhh....i disabled mine. Don't tell anyone-oops too late ;)