: Maintenence Help

Fuod
03-12-2008, 08:07 PM
So my 2004 (purchased in October 2003) still has under 23,000 miles on her. I need to get her in for an oil change, so I might as well get a tune up while I'm at it...

I know I need an alignment and I also have an enqine squeak so I'm thinking new belts...

What I'm wondering is what else do you recommend? I have low miles but older vehicle. Should I get the tranny flushed? Radiator flushed? Anything else flushed? Should I flush my toilet?

Thanks!
DC

Hoss
03-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I don't know if I'd flush the tranny and radiator just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to change your diff and x-fer case fluids.

Bring some oil over to my place and we can do the diffs, x-fer case and the engine stuff in my garage. No sense in paying someone to do that stuff.

Fuod
03-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I can do that. Is your garage available before we do this weekends activities? How much beer is this gonna cost me?

Hoss
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Probably not. I work tonight and she works tomorrow night and the in-between time is spent with the kids. I can't get much done with them around.

But, we haven't heard back from Daniel or Grant about this weekend yet, so if that falls thru we can change your fluids Saturday if you want to. Otherwise I'll have to get back to you on which nights I'm free next week.

No beer. Don't worry about it. It'll give me something to do. I'm more of a bourbon drinker anyway.

Fuod
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Just called the dealer (Kenny Kent) and they said almost exactly what Hoss suggested, just change the oil and maybe the Fr & Rr diffs and x-fer case. (way to go Hoss! :clap:)

They said they'd do both diffs and x-fer case for $150. Is that good? Seeing as how I'm physically (and medically, and mentally) unable to crawl around under my rig it seems economical to me.

They also want $60 for an alignment. Sounds reasonable!

I need to find somewhere else to get the oil changed, they want $33! :eek:

D_C

Fuod
04-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Well, took the truck in and had all the work done and all I can say is WOW! :eek:

I have no idea how far out of alignment that front end was, but it tracks like a sports car now! :driving:

Now that's she's all fixed up it's time to tear her back down! Gotta keep her in her place you know! Show her whos boss!

If only there were some nice malls around here, like those awesome ones they have down in Texas... :D

Hagan34
04-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I hear the malls in Texas are so big you got to SAS your rig just to think about going to them. They recommend 37"s, front and rear Lockers, and prefer a winch (the cable kind, not the female kind).

Here all the details http://www.iCRAWLmalls.com