: to card or not to card

RCBS
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
last weekend i was looking to buy a new PS3 game. it's called Army of Two and is a violent military mercinary type game. i go to one of the video-game places and they are sold out. (at this time i learn the game has been banned in Germany) so then i wanted it more. (of course...somebody banned it :D ) so i go to the next "gameplace" to get it. the clerk asks me for ID. i am 30 years old, i look maybe 22-25. i'm dumbfounded at this request. normally i would've just ponied up my liscense and called it a day-but...i have recently misplaced my ID. so i leave that place and head for a movie rental house, go in ask for the game, buy it....and go home to dish out some all american lead-based freedom.:) this weekend i went to a store in Newark called Buckeye Outdoors to go b-day shopping for a buddy. anyways...i ended up deciding to get him some ammo B/C the prices are getting outrageous. the clerk didn't even look twice before ringing it (AK-47 variety, no less) up and telling me to have a nice day. WTF???? i can buy the bullets, but i can't buy the game?? what the hell is going on in this country?

sorry, had to get it out...:soapbox:

Ranger

ugly's ok
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I alwas think its funny to get carded for smokes and not beer. By the way im pushing 35 this summer. Yea i walk in to the gas and sip with my three kids and thay r like I.D. please. Just get a new I.D. thay mite ask for it when u go wheeling this summer****

RCBS
03-18-2008, 12:31 PM
man i do not want to go get another...keep thinking it will turn up. our BMV here in town must run their office using an East Germain checkpoint entrance manual...they are total bastards. worse even than TV and Movies make them look. i'm hoping to be able to get a re-issue W/O my SS card, as it went AWOL back in like...'98. so i will probably have to first go to the SS office (whee!), THEN to our hellish BMV office. oh well...at least it wasn't in a wallet or something with every other pertinent card i have. (lost 2 wallets w/everything in them years ago, now i only take what i need) i'm gonna try to give the "rock on" symbol in my next pic. :xrocker: maybe the cop will laugh when he sees it and let me off.
edit: or i could try the shocker...lol

ugly's ok
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
If you do you would be my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCBS
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
i'll give it a try. i'm guessin' they won't let it go. i think you have to get rid of your sense of humor to work there. a bit of luck yesterday...i was looking for a TV remote instruction booklet last night and low & behold...i came across my SS card! :eek: :rolleyes:

ugly's ok
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
lucky you your half way there ! sweet

NEV2DEP
03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
man i do not want to go get another...keep thinking it will turn up. our BMV here in town must run their office using an East Germain checkpoint entrance manual...they are total bastards. worse even than TV and Movies make them look. i'm hoping to be able to get a re-issue W/O my SS card, as it went AWOL back in like...'98. so i will probably have to first go to the SS office (whee!), THEN to our hellish BMV office. oh well...at least it wasn't in a wallet or something with every other pertinent card i have. (lost 2 wallets w/everything in them years ago, now i only take what i need) i'm gonna try to give the "rock on" symbol in my next pic. :xrocker: maybe the cop will laugh when he sees it and let me off.
edit: or i could try the shocker...lol

back when I first got my 4 wheeler I went to the BMW by me to register it. They had no clue what I was talking about. they had to call to other branches to figure out it was classed as a recreational vehicle.
Have fun:D

RCBS
03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
i must be getting set up for a fall. i found my SS card the other day, my township just told me they are going to unplug my neighbor's culvert (that they intentionally plugged) and get rid of the creek running across my driveway, and last night i stopped at the gas station to buy smokes and when i asked for them, the clerk said "Is this you?" and had my liscense in her hand!! i knew it'd turn up! :D but i can't help but think with all this stuff going my way, that i'm in for a gut-check here shortly.

RCBS
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
back when I first got my 4 wheeler I went to the BMW by me to register it. They had no clue what I was talking about. they had to call to other branches to figure out it was classed as a recreational vehicle.
Have fun:D

ours will not accept the liscense THEY issue to you at THAT office as a "form of ID" in certain circumstances. i shit you not.

ugly's ok
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Got carded for smokes to come on that was BS!