TTORA Forum banner

FJ-55 Thoughts

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  nuclearlemon 
#1 · (Edited)
Tell me what you guy's think this is a 1979 FJ-55 it and has minor rust damage. It is a sound vehicle and has a wilderness system rack. Hope to get some good feedback. Thanks.

#4 ·
just dont let this be one of those things you pass up adn then kick yourself for later on... ;)

#12 ·
doh.... you guys are leaving out lance at Iron pig offroad and www.ironpigoffroad.com . A great shop in VA that specializes in the 55 and custom builds. Check out the supercharged toy v-8 on locked 89 axles for starters. Also you got Knucklebusters (AL) a little closer to you and they have built some sweet 55's in the past. They are a blast if you can handle all the stares.

#13 ·
and as to your question... i think thats some pretty fine swine. I got unknown mileage and major rust issues and still love mine.

#15 ·
just here to throw in an off-topic woooooo pig sooie! for hogwild.

#17 ·
engine/axles/drivetrain is all the same as an FJ40 so those kinda parts look for both fj40/fj55.

Suspension parts are similar, but I think they are different length leaf springs between the two...there is a growing amount of FJ55 support, type in "fj55" into google! its out there..

nice lookin cruiser!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.