: Barrett Lake 'Heep' Trail

BrotherGrim
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669546
Not a closure, but an realignment. Don't know if is a good thing or not, but we need to keep an eye on this. Barrett is one of the best mantained trail that is close by and the scenery is breathtaking.

Big-A
03-25-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669546
Not a closure, but an realignment. Don't know if is a good thing or not, but we need to keep an eye on this. Barrett is one of the best mantained trail that is close by and the scenery is breathtaking.

Thanks for posting Matt.

We can definetely help out whenever they announce the dates.....looks like it may not happen for another year though. Maybe they can speed things up. Thats one run I want to plan this summer.

tacochaser
03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I thought Barret lake was already closed down last year along with 1800 miles of trails in ELDO national or something like that. Around the same time Ford ice was closed down for a bit.:confused:

Big-A
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
I thought Barret lake was already closed down last year along with 1800 miles of trails in ELDO national or something like that. Around the same time Ford ice was closed down for a bit.:confused:

I am not sure about Barrett being closed but I know Fordyce was only temporarily closed due to the Angora fire in Tahoe last June.

Fordyce is open now. Thats one trail I want to run this summer also.

BrotherGrim
03-26-2008, 10:58 AM

Barret Lake Trail is closed in the winter and wet seasons. The US Forest 'Circus' regulates when the trail is open depending on the trail conditions. Fordcye Trail is an open trail and regulated only by the PG&E releases down Rubicon Creek. People will cross the creek in high water conditions, but sometimes they will loss and be swept down steam. ElDorado National Forest road closure is not final, but is coming soon.