: Well what do you know!

Bear
04-01-2008, 09:26 AM
In the spirit of Brinner's thread on who is going to leave him first. I post this reply here!

The club/chapter had better hope his truck does not leave him! I would hate for the chapter to be one with a President without a toyota!

Effective immediately Brinner is going to be your president!

With recent personal developements in my life. I am turning my truck back into Toyota for the frame/buy back situation. Made out decent…for all the crap I have put up with recently, I am getting around $11,000 for it.

but that is not the reason I am leaving. Like I said personal affairs in my life has forced me to make some decisions I thought I never would make.

I will not only be leaving TTORA but I will also be leaving Indiana. I am relocating again, not because the company is moving me, but I am moving away from the "hell factory" that moved me up here in the first place! I submitted an application on a whim to a publication I did not think I even had a prayer on getting on with and what do you know…I landed the "dream job" No! it is not a penthouse, or playboy. "those jobs desensitize you anyway)

Until I finalize the employment contract, I can not devulge the publication, but let's just say you might see me on the trails in the latest vehicle's equipped with the blingiest accessories available.

The wife is not happy with my decision as it would mean me being on the road most of the year. but that is why I got into photography in the first place, and since photography was in my life before she was…she lost and probably will be on her own within the next few months anyway! again, other personal matters associated with that topic I rather not go into!

so that is it! I am leaving! Brinner;have fun! To the rest; well what I can I say? Oh! I guess I could say don't make the mistakes I have made, keep your trucks simple, and don't try and build that "miracle machine"

Later!

Hoss
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Damn.

Well, congrats on the new job and lifestyle change. I'm sorry for your situation with your wife. Sucks about the truck, but something tells me you'll be back around. And, it was a real pleasure meeting, knowing and wheeling with you, Berry.

Good luck.

GatorTaco
04-01-2008, 09:57 AM
;) Bear, you're mean.

Hoss
04-01-2008, 10:04 AM
:mad:

I looked at the calender and then it hit me.

You arse. I take back all that nice stuff I said about you.

Bear
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
:confused: :confused: ;) Bear, you're mean.

:mad:

I looked at the calender and then it hit me.

You arse. I take back all that nice stuff I said about you.

DN1911
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
so when are we going to have to good luck send off party?

GatorTaco
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
That really sucks man, Hopefully everything works out well for you. It's hard to make those kind of decisions. It's hard to say no to the opportunity of a dream job though

Bear
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM
At Kazablanka's again?

Bear
04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
We will see!

DN1911
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
not trying to sound insensitive or anything, but is this some kind of April fools joke? i didn't think you would ever get rid of the truck even if a little burnt out.

if it's not, the best of luck to you. following your dreams and loving your job make a huge difference in everyday life.

DN1911
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
At Kazablanka's again?

something bigger and better......any ideas?

steve h
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Nice try on the April Fool's. Your pos isn't worth $11,000 and your wife would kick your ass if you tried to leave her. :flipoff4:

BTW, I'm selling my truck so I can build up my Jeep Cherokee. Toyota's suck anyway.:rofl:

Of course if this isn't a joke I wish you the best of luck.

Bear
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
whats up with this April fool's crap!

and the KBB in Texas is higher than it is here in Indy. I have a friend that works at Cavendar Toyota in San Antonio, and I have already worked it out that he will make sure my truck "fails" the inspection when I send it down to my sister to take in for me.

So I guess this next weekend will be the last hurray for both of us then huh?

brinner
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
hhhhmmmmm im choosing NOT to fall for this until i see that there isnt a "ha ha i got ya'll" post by tomorrow. :D

Bear
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Let me know when you want to come by and pick up the master key to the "executive toilet"

FYI: I got a small window regarding time wise. Possibly at Harlan?

speaking of which did you see my post to you about your tent?

Bear
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Here is a quote from the national board and it is actually from someone in Kentucky:

"we got an offer of $10.5k on my 97 4x4 v6 reg cab with 199k today. not bad for an 11 yr old truck with that many miles..."

Cory

so as you can see, I could probably do the same thing up here, I just choose to deal with my friend back home.

DN1911
04-01-2008, 03:30 PM
like i said, it just seemed like odd timing so i had to ask. if it;s really what you are doing, i hope the best and good luck.

Bear
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
So what does that have to do with this thread?

it makes it 12:02 Eastern time! which means April Fools day is over!

Yup! time for this!

APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I did get a few of ya! and y'all know who you are ;)

oh yea, it is also time for this...I am really sorry Dave! and yes I will be sleeping in my truck in Harlan!

Brinner, sorry I keep the keys for a bit longer! you are still relegated to the short bus!

Hoss and Gator, thanks for allowing me to delete your posts and keep this going for the day!

Bear
04-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Chris, you are going to be at Take Over this year aren't you? We have got to have a beer around the fire together! LOL! you post here is classic

steve h
04-02-2008, 07:36 AM
You laid it on a little too thick for me to believe.

Bear
04-02-2008, 08:32 AM
obviously not for some! I will be calling you tonight on the Harlan trip!

Hoss
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Here is a quote from the national board and it is actually from someone in Kentucky:

"we got an offer of $10.5k on my 97 4x4 v6 reg cab with 199k today. not bad for an 11 yr old truck with that many miles..."

Cory

so as you can see, I could probably do the same thing up here, I just choose to deal with my friend back home.

Is this a quote from "Homegrown?" Is he selling his rig? Do we need to go kick his ask?

Bear
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
not sure who its, I just happened to see it about the time Steve commented on my "turning in my truck"

It is in the middle of that long thread regarding the frame rust and Toyota's buy back.

Fuod
04-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Man I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday! :xdevil:

Bear
04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I was hoping you would also! I just imagine all the Go back to Texas jabs you would have tried to get in! :D

how is everything going? having fun with the web site?

Fuod
04-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Nah, I wouldn't have done any Texas jokes. I would have kept it short and simple...

Buh Bye!
Don't let the river splash you in the ass on the way out!

:D

Website is on temporary hiatus, I have other things to tend to for now. But it's still in the works. Since their haven't been any suggestions then I'm assuming I can do whatever I want. BTW, I have a new logo you might like... :)

Hagan34
04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Is this a quote from "Homegrown?" Is he selling his rig? Do we need to go kick his ask?

Dont believe its Homegrown, as a matter of fact i dont have a clue who it is.

shame that its a 97 reg cab V-6!!!!

DN1911
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Ha, told you so!

Bear
04-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey! are you going to Harlan with us this weekend? I know your truck is being baby sat by Carl, but Dave is riding with me so I am sure you could ride with some one else as well!

Hagan34
04-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Hey! are you going to Harlan with us this weekend? I know your truck is being baby sat by Carl,

well you know Carl is going to be there, so whos looking after the truck now?

Bear
04-03-2008, 08:18 AM
yea I forgot Carl was going to be down there. so that is a good question!

So Dustin, got another excuse for not joining us? :D

I imagine though your truck is still drying out isn't it?

DN1911
04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
well, truck's broke, but i am stuck working this weekend.....so probably not.